Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 am
All times are UTC + 0
New building?
Moderators: Reaperrr, red_rebel
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [37 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
ReFlex
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject:  New building? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just 4 fun i made a new tower. Very Happy

Build:

More?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL
Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow. That's very nice Smile

I seriously hope the buildup is more than 4 frames though. Also, just rising out of the ground is kinda lame as buildup IMO.

Could you crop those pics? They kinda take up enormously much space with just black around the actual picture #Tongue

ReFlex
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update:

Buildup:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL
Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok... so the roof rotates now... TBH I don't really like the rotating.

What I mean is that in C&C, buildings don't just rise out of the ground; you actually see them being constructed. For example, this is the buildup  of the original C&C guard tower:

Last edited by Nyerguds on Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:01 am; edited 3 times in total

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried to have a go at it myself with my old trusty PSP3... what do you think? Smile

Last edited by Nyerguds on Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

ReFlex
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks too paintet.

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the anim, except for the roof bit. Unfortunately I can only be unhelpful as I can't think of anything else that you could do that would be interesting Sad

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I know... Not entirely satisfied there either. I'd personally let the whole thing come up from the bottom of the guard tower platform as a flat surface, then expand to the sides a bit while pushing up into a pyramid shape.

But I can't do that without 3D capability, which I just don't have.

And ReFlex... Look at the way I did the shadow under it. I doubt many people can do that in Paint/PSP #Tongue

Not to mention I personally think most of the 'paintet' feel comes from seeing the dark edges on transparent background... I know your renders aren't antialiased (good job on that - many forget that detail Wink ), but it's better to render on a kinda neutral grey background to prevent the sides from fading to black.

I definitely don't want to criticize your work though... you got great 3D skills. I wish I had any Smile

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like your buildup Nyerguds

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyer, your tower is higher and slightly slicker. Is that intended?

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not... the last frame is exactly the same as the render he posted.
The effect is probably just caused by taking it away from the black background, where it blends in a bit.

[edit]

I made a slightly different one:

This kinda shows what I meant with the roof animation I described, only I just did the roof's support frame because I can't do it right with the entire roof.

Last edited by Nyerguds on Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know now exactly what you meant, and that would look utterly awesome.
This one is pretty good though, you're certainly better than me Wink

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

now thats some pretty good animation there. I its pretty good. althought the edges on the roof almost make it seem like a pagoda. maybe some texture? but good work none the less. Smile

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's loads better than our old one, anyway...

[edit]

Screenshot of the first ingame test. It seems the selection box is a bit too low for the building's height, and the firing offset obviously needs to be adjusted too, but I guess Reaperr can fix both issues.

GTWR.jpg
 Description:
Guard Tower ingame
 Filesize:  138.94 KB
 Viewed:  34535 Time(s)

GTWR.jpg

Last edited by Nyerguds on Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

ReFlex
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i prefer Nyerguds animation, looks more like the TD one...

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ReFlex wrote:
I don't like your build animation. Confused

Here is my animation as avi file: (divx codec)
http://reflexsuite.com/private/cnc/cnc1/tower_build.avi

Here you got it as animated GIF... makes it easier for ppl to compare IMO.

I dunno... the actual cabin rotates, and at the same time, something weird happens to the support beams... in one frame it looks like they're barely connected to the top part...

Shur
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice work! Mod will have continuation?

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I got all SHPs ready, including ReFlex' original buildup.

The final word is up to Reaperrr, of course...

Shur
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All buildings will be replaced?

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

..eh? ROTD already replaces all buildings in TS. Look in the screenshots thread.

Shur
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok

Jokeman
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i like Nyerguds' animation

but i think the tower is too big
it nearly has the size of the adv. guard tower

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I prefer Nyerguds' buildup, it's more detailed, but the building itself is very good, it's not so flat as it is in original C&C.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it fits the general ROTD style, too.

anyway, overview:

original:

ReFlex':

Nyerguds' old:

Nyerguds' new:

Last edited by Nyerguds on Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your old one was better imo.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, I still got em both.

I just wish Reaperrr would get his arse online and say something about all of this -_-

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what if the four sections of the roof can up from their corresponding wall and then kinda collasped into each other? Like it raises straight up and then tilts into the middle? By the way, this may sound dumb, but what does IMO mean?

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IMO; In my opinion

-------
Nyer's new one looks kick ass.

ayylmao on Discord

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool wrote:
what if the four sections of the roof can up from their corresponding wall and then kinda collasped into each other? Like it raises straight up and then tilts into the middle? By the way, this may sound dumb, but what does IMO mean?

Well, that's kind of the opposite of what I suggested... I wanted it to raise the roof as a flat area and then push the center up into the pyramid shape.

But I can't do any rotation like that, since it means gradually changing the lighting angle on the remap colour, and thus the colour brightness. There's no way to do that right without rendering it.

ReFlex could do it, but he seems to be quite stubborn about his build-up animation.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm...I'm not sure, but the roof of ReFlex's tower is very similar to the roof of the spotlight tower in TS.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uhuh, but that doesn't help... the spotlight tower's buildup is about the same as ReFleX'.

Not to mention, when you look up close it's very very clear that he rendered this himself. It's not some sort of copy-paste job.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just saw it yesterday; the base of the tower rotates in the build-up, not the roof.

ReFlex
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is no copy&paste!

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, we already figured that out, ReFlex.

NOD-Kane and Brotherhood
Cyborg Firebomber

Location: In a building,creating the fench Brotherhood of NOD and recruiting...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here can I download them? Very Happy

The Speaker
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Imo I like the old guard tower look.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [37 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon