Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:53 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Sprite sheet.
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
mice16
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject:  Sprite sheet. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think a most useful option would be the importing/exporting of sprite sheets... For easier modifying in, say, paint.

[quote="Lt A1br3cht"]Kill it with fire!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sprite sheets? What is it? I don't know this file format...

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a big BMP or PNG with all the animations of a unit on it for making comics and the like...

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

like in XCC does when it exports the shp in one file rather than dealing with each separate frame.

which would helpful. but sometimes the image is EFFEN HUGE! maybe separating the sheet by sequence, like walking, attacking etc. and handle it into sections or like a tiles so each frame is still kept porpotional when loaded into shp builder.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm... OS SHP Builder has a little tool that does the oposite operation, but...

Have you guys tried to use the sequence maker? Stu wrote a way to export the whole sequence... so, I guess that your request already exists in the program since BS SHP Builder 2.x

mice16
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What I mean is that there should probably be an option to export a .png file with all the frames ajacent to each other. It should then be importable. When I made my first infantry modification, I exported the frames as seperate files, copied them, and pasted them in a single file. Edited them, and pasted them back in shp builder. A lot of time could be cut out for me if this was implemented. I like to see most of the frames at once while working for referance, you see.

[quote="Lt A1br3cht"]Kill it with fire!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've decided to test the way it works in OS SHP Builder, you are right. There are problems with it.

I've started by loading a random image (a civilian building, the evil church of the doom).

Then, I've used the Sequence Maker (Tools -> Misc -> Sequence) and I've saved the frame list.

The first problem is that it saves the frame numbers and leaves spaces between the frames and a space in the end too.

Then, I've imported the image I've saved and I've used the Frame Splitter Tool (Tools -> Misc -> Frame Splitter) and of course the result was screwed up.

I'm attaching the results.

civ_framelist.png
 Description:
the frame list exported by the program with the png format.
 Filesize:  8.91 KB
 Viewed:  14288 Time(s)

civ_framelist.png

sprite_sheet_test3.jpg
 Description:
Final result after frame splitter, screwed up.
 Filesize:  122.04 KB

sprite_sheet_test3.jpg

sprite_sheet_test2.jpg
 Description:
Saving the frame list.
 Filesize:  180.11 KB

sprite_sheet_test2.jpg

sprite_sheet_test1.jpg
 Description:
File loaded and starting the sequence maker.
 Filesize:  87.99 KB

sprite_sheet_test1.jpg

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thats because it was never designed to be exported. It was designed to show ppl a frame list not make it editable. All you technicaly need to do is copy the code which creates it and modify it so it doesn't have numbers etc.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, I know.

I'm making a sprite sheet exporter for 3.36 Beta 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum