Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:42 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Riche Naval [RA2]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
wardeathfun
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject:  Riche Naval [RA2]
Subject description: (and questions) making the ai tuff
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no picturse, sorry, also its not finish but i want to know what i can do to make it better so here. i want to know how to make the ai smarter like making tons of tanks and then attacking. also how do you make them make pasific units in the ini editing? sorry my grammer is bad and spelling is the worst but bare with me. im new here and been taking peoples maps and they are all cool.

riche~sna!val@2.mpr
 Description:
there, i worked hard on it so im not letting it stay crappy.

Download
 Filename:  riche~sna!val@2.mpr
 Filesize:  415.04 KB
 Downloaded:  465 Time(s)

wardeathfun
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh crap, i forgot to add the game. its ra2 and not yuri related.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can edit your post. Please, include a screenshot of it, even if it's the minimap from FinalAlert.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nah... it's horrible... you can find gazzilion of alike maps in the online... this is just horrible piece of... oh yes - no flaming... bad -map... if map at all...(No screens - but it's a lot of gems in the middle - with a bunch of cows close buy - and random things everewhere...)

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The map is... ridiculously bad. I can't say anything else. Minimap attached. (Yes, the black blob is gems. Map size is 145x144. I'll let that big black blob sink in.)

No, scratch that, I HAVE to comment on the extra ini coding. It's just crazy. (All comments mine.) Here's an example:
Code:
[CAAIRP] ;Buildable Tech Airport (with the Tech Paradrop Superweapon, no less)
Cost=5000
BuildCat=Combat
TechLevel=10
AIBuildThis=yes
Prerequisite=<none>
ProtectWithWall=yes

[CAOILD] ; Buildable Oil Derrick
Cost=10000
Owner=Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs,French,British,Germans,Americans,Alliance
BuildCat=Combat
TechLevel=1
BuildLimit=1 ; can build only one
AIBuildThis=yes
LegalTarget=yes
Prerequisite=<none>
NeedsEngineer=no
ProtectWithWall=yes
ProduceCashDelay=5
ProduceCashAmount=10000 ; $10000 every 5 frames (1/3rd of a second)
ProduceCashStartup=10000 ; $10000 when built

[General]
CratRegen=10
BuildSpeed=.1 ; 7x faster build than normal
CrateMaximum=500
PurifierBonus=500 ; turns a single harvester dump (say, $1000) into (1+500) * $1000 = $501000
SovParaDropNum=25 ; 25 conscripts in a paradrop
AllyParaDropNum=18 ; 18 GIs in a paradrop
AmerParaDropNum=25 ; 25 GIs in the american paradrop
MaximumCheerRate=10
MaximumQueuedObjects=999

[ParadropSpecial]
=
r=

[Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs,British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance]
Name=

[yes]
Name=

Also featuring magic toys like (INI code omitted for brevity):

; Buildable Psychic Beacon - can Mind Control anything across the map (only one unit at a time)

; Buildable civilian truck (looks like Demo Truck) deploys into something that looks like a Grand Cannon, that fires 8 cannon shells at once up to 20 cells away, each dealing 200 damage, every 120 frames (8 seconds)

; another truck that looks like the Demo Truck (not buildable, wonder why), deploys into something that looks like the Prism Tower and fires 8 cannon shells at once, up to 30 cells away, each shell does 200 damage, every 240 frames (16 seconds), most likely the area fire glitched the weapon by firing directly under itself, hence unbuildable

; Buildable Merry-Go-Round that looks like the Gap Generator, doubles as a Nod stealth generator replica

; Buildable Barrels - the explosion of the barrels pretty much detonates a nuke

; Buildable civilian car that looks like the soviet harvester, runs around as fast as a harrier, turns as slowly as a grand cannon, can carry 500 chunks of ore (normal ones carry 20 or 40), has less armour than a Terror Drone, etc
; primary weapon of the harvester above fires invisible beams that deal 2000 damage (with a malfunctional warhead == IE on build) up to 20 cells away, every 120 frames (8 seconds)
; secondary weapon of the harvester above fires anti-air flak shells in bursts of 10 up to 50 cells away, dealing 200 damage each, every 60 frames (4 seconds)

; another, different, soviet harvester given for "free" with the sov/allied refineries
; costs $10 000, has 1700 armour (a bloody apoc has only 800), runs around like a teleporting lunatic, can carry 10 000 chunks of ore, etc
; primary of the monster above was intended to heal 10 points for infantry from up to 10 cells away, every 10 frames (2/3rds of a second), but doesn't work - vehicles can't heal infantry
; secondary of the monster above heals 100 points for vehicles from up to 10 cells away, every 120 frames (8 seconds), basically a Repair IFV on steroids

All in all, this map is a very good candidate for the "Noob map of the year" award. I can only remember one map that had noobisms comparable to this one, here, although the author actually removed the crap after I commented on it.

riche.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.28 KB
 Viewed:  8712 Time(s)

riche.png

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If all the thigs you tell me here is true DCoder, I think this map is so extreme, so insane, so psyko, it might just be fun, perhaps #Tongue

[OT] I see you use StyleXP and use one of the standar skins (cann't remenber the name) Very Happy [/OT]

Red Dragon
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah right... A map that's so bad that It could be fun?

Just like watching a comedy where nothing happens...

But that Oil derrick..WTF?!

_->TF:ADW mod player<-_
Red Dragon

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

10 000 credits per every 5 frame? ROFLMAO!!!

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
[OT] I see you use StyleXP and use one of the standar skins (cann't remenber the name)[/OT]
No, I don't use StyleXP. I do use the Watercolor (pre-release WinXP) skin, though.

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

goodness me, does this person have no shame

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This map is epic fail..
But when I read the weapons, I nearly cracked up.

If someone remakes that map into something presentable(if that is even possible), they deserve a mountain of cookies.

wardeathfun
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok... what exactly should i change? i really like the map and i fixed the oil derrick and the deployer. get rid of the cows? somone make a list of things to change, i dont care if you guys flame me or not, im here to make my favorite map i made good. also sorry but i dont even know how to take pictures of the map.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Remake the whole ap -throq it out , and make something which doesn't look like internet map...

wardeathfun
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok...

hogo98
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know this thread is old and il probably get spammed for opening it again But Mybe you guys dont think this map is good but as he said he likes it. I used to make maps like this and i used to like oil derrics like that but thats when most people are like when they see cool missing cameos in the game online maps every one has different opinions and mine is that its a good map for people who like it.

Well done wardeathfun

Thanks for the banners GM

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He likes it = keep it for himself...

Tony
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ROFL..Hogo you made my day.

yes this map sucks..bla bla end of story , Keep trying dude.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon