Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:59 am
All times are UTC + 0
TS:RO Concept Artwork
Moderators: Rise of Omnius Staff, Machine
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 4 [182 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject:  TS:RO Concept Artwork
Subject description: Warning: loads of images!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GDI:

Infantry:

^Trooper

^Robotic Wolverine

^Medic

^Droppod Marine

^Wolverine

^Jumpjet Commando

Vehicles:

^Hover APC

^Hover MLRS

^Hover Tank

^Strider

^Light anti-tank

^Light recon tank

^Half Track

^Disruptor

^Titan

^Leviathan

Aircraft:

^Carryall

Navy:

^Sonic Destroyer

^Juggerboat

Buildings:
GDI Barracks:

Nod:

Infantry:

^Fanatic

^Black Hand

^Chemical Maiden

Vehicles:

^Cyborg Reaper

^Tick Tank

^Scorpion Artillery

^Avatar (won't be used)

Aircraft:

^Succubus

Buildings:

^Hand of Nod

Cyborgs:

^Reaper

^Swarmling

^Cyborg

Other:

Infantry Crew

^Gunship

The same battle scene, just bigger and better

Machine: Edited the post to reorganize the topic; also editing every other concept post. The original concept uploaded, will be displayed in the form of a link.Also kept the original post

I took the liberty to make a concept for the nod succub.
I wasn't sure if it was going to be a bomber, fighter, or copter, so I made it sort of a mix of all three...
I'm thinking harv will be the one voxelling it, so I also made it kind of fit his style. Or I'll voxel it if he doesn't.

So what do you think?

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not bad at all, especialy for an MS Paint drawing... But something seems wierd about it to me, looks too much like an ORCA Fighter...

Still, a good concept. Wink

bonzy_buddy
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the tail sucks but the overall concept is nice.

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its a good concept but it does not suit the nod, its not mean enough in my mind and the wings are way too thin.

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: TS:RO Concept Artwork Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
I took the liberty to make a concept for the nod succub.
I wasn't sure if it was going to be a bomber, fighter, or copter, so I made it sort of a mix of all three...
I'm thinking harv will be the one voxelling it, so I also made it kind of fit his style. Or I'll voxel it if he doesn't.

So what do you think?

It's a nice simple concept that could be made in the fast bomber that is going to be the succubus. But IMHO, the opinions stated here are true, the tail looks odd, does look a bit like orca fighters, so that makes it not fit too much with the brotherhood.
It would be perfect if you shorten the wings a bit and give it a rounder look like the banshee; maybe by giving it some sort of shielding in the front.
Anyways I like the design, feel free to post any more concept art work you might have :p

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Succub Lol #Tongue

What is it supposed to be?

Aro: Edited so this post is read-able... #Flash

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IDK exactly what a succub is...
Wikipedia didnt help, niether did dictionary.com
Google Images gave me eh...some er...general idea of what it is; some kind of female demon.

So the aircraft I made to kind of resemble a dark angel or something, swooping down killin stuff.
I'm confident in the team's voxellers to be able to touch up the flaws in its design and make it look spiffy.

EDIT>>Einstein here. It's not succub, it's succubus
shame on me

The Team Black Index

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_demons
Were I got the name; yeah reading a lot for interesting names Laughing

Succubi=Succubus plural

Wikipedia wrote:
The appearance of succubi varies just about as much as that of demons in general; there is no single definitive depiction. However, they are almost universally depicted as alluring women with unearthly beauty, often with demonic batlike wings; occasionally, they will be given other demonic features (horns, a tail with a spaded tip, snakelike eyes, hooves, fangs, etc). Occasionally they appear simply as an attractive woman in dreams that the victim cannot seem to get off their mind. They lure males and in some cases, the male has seemed to fall "in love" with her. Even out of the dream she will not leave his mind. She will remain there slowly draining energy from him.

And also think that I chose this name by this reason:
Harpy= Female bird-like creature, they move in groups, and in almost all fantasy works they aren't a serious treat.
Banshee= A powerful incorporeal undead creature, they can kill a person with their screams, so they pose a significant treat.
Succubus= They're demons so they're significantly more dangerous than most other creatures, posing a significant treat to mankind as they have the power to corrupt any man.

Well, I hope that it helps you to learn what is it supposed to be at least, and BTW, don't worry about the name is just a possible name, it's not even a final one.

And finally some more concepts made by me #Tongue

Brotherhood of Nod's Chem Maiden
Global Defefense Initiative's Jump Commando

Last edited by Machine on Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Harv
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ill try to make the plane by weeks end

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yup... it's a females...

bonzy_buddy
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Harpies are from Greek mythology and they are a tremendous threat. But well, it doesn'treally matter, names are ok as long as they sound cool.

Judeau
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bonzy_buddy wrote:
Harpies are from Greek mythology and they are a tremendous threat. But well, it doesn'treally matter, names are ok as long as they sound cool.

quite true

but the weak part is seen as in general medieval mythology stuff, harpies being female half-bird half-humans, with no real powers, except swarming.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Female warriors =P
Not to be sexist, but realistically there aren't alot of females that enlist in combat.
For the most part, the male psychology is better fit for war, as females are [generally] more sensitive and emotional.
(Not saying either gender is better/worse of course, but just that they're different in some respects)

The Team Black Index

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lets not get into a battle of the sex's here, dude's. #Tongue

Anyhow, i have a few concepts, but it is impossible for me to M.S Paint like, Team Black and i have no Mobile phone to USB port cable, so i can't upload any pictures any time soon... However, i will upload them as soon as i can. Wink

P.S:: Why is this topic the only one getting any attention? #Tongue

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Machine, those are really, really nice concept drawings. Although, I somehow get the feeling that the Nod Chem Commando is a woman. Could it be the breast size? #Tongue

Succubus is a really nice name imho, I don't think it should change. And if ETS allows it, some draining weapons would be perfect for it (think Yuri Flying disk weapon).

bonzy_buddy
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
Female warriors =P
Not to be sexist, but realistically there aren't alot of females that enlist in combat.
For the most part, the male psychology is better fit for war, as females are [generally] more sensitive and emotional.
(Not saying either gender is better/worse of course, but just that they're different in some respects)

Bear in mind that it's a game and thus it isn't meant to be realistic or even logiccal (mech aren't but they are cool thought). Think of th medics in Broodwar, they were cool, weren't they ?

Last edited by bonzy_buddy on Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, Drop this subject now... No more talk about unit sex's...

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Chem Commando is in fact a female. Just read the original title it had "valkirie2", does that mean something to you?. The reasons to include her is just to have more variability in the mod, nothing else.

BTW, it's a shame that you don't check Aro's map WIPs, they're quite impressive work, go now and do it. Smile

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very Happy

Thanks, Machine!

I think it'd be a good idea to throw in some female units, and maybe a few female voice-overs... I mean heck... Men are not the only sex in the war, right?

bonzy_buddy
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

by the way I don't think valkyrie is a good name for a chemical warior. It has something of fighting virgin with long blond hair and an air of purity on the face that doesn't really fit. Try to find something much more mean.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think we should take a page from, Yuri's revenge. Wink

Call it, The 'Virus' or something similar.

Or, perhaps a page from, RA2? 'The Desolator'?

Not saying we should steal these names, but just make something similar.

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@bonzy_buddy:

I know that; that's why it was the original name of the file, and not the one you saw as the concept's name #Tongue

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BTW I'd like to work on the [succubus] voxel, unles anyone's already got a start on it...

on msn, e an Corsair exchanged ideas on some cool concepts for the hover MLRS.
After seeing his, I made this: Hover MLRS

The Team Black Index

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And here's the final prototype

Now... time to make the prototype better Laughing

Hover MLRS

Last edited by Corsair on Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice work there guys. Smile

Team Black, for some odd reason, your concept reminds me of the 'crashed scrin ship'. Confused

Corsair, a brilliant drawing as always. Smile

I'm thinking its a good idea for a unit... But will Machine think otherwise?

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, that is the question

Harv
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

he will like it we all do, ill make a voxel, and if he dont like it ill release it:P

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, that sounds good to me. Smile

I have a-lot of unit idea's... But i can't think of a way to to put them on M.S Paint, and i can't upload a picture of it by hand. Confused

Why does this always happen to me? Laughing

Harv
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol hover tank done, check staff forum, in 10min aro

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice Hovercraft Concept art! I LOVE IT! Very Happy

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

damn that kicks ass. looks a bit like the Darkstar One.

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I like it, you wanted my opinion, here you have it Laughing

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

(Wipes sweat off forehead) Ah... well that's good Laughing

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reminds one of the Protoss units from Starcraft. I think it's the corsair, ironically.

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing

Yea, it does look a bit like it

Red Dragon
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice hover;)

_->TF:ADW mod player<-_
Red Dragon

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK here's the concept I made GDI long range cannon ship
This has got to be the laziest MS paint I've ever made - didn't even color it! #Tongue
I'm beginning work on it ASAP

GDI Sea Artillery

The Team Black Index

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The hover MLRS looks like a joint venture in making a vehicle by the Eldar and the Tau but it looks great though. #Mad. That sea arty/cruiser will look great when its done too team black.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's the GDI sonic ship concept. I think it might be best with medium armor, and not heavy like disruptors.

Sonic Destroyer

The Team Black Index

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, i personaly think we should give nod the hit and run ships, As morpher said, being as it is more their style... Still, if this moves at a medium speed, then i'm all for it, cause it is a very good concept in my opinion. Smile

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New Concepts; well partly

Both units have a pending name #Tongue

Chemical Maiden
Remake, of Nod's Chem Commando; less mechanical looking suit #Tongue
Nod's Cyborg-mech, the name's pending, and don't worry it will have weapons, just a base sketch.

Last edited by Machine on Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just ztyping love that "Chemical Commando". Shocked
It looks fantastic, and suits, Nods, almost perfectly.. No... Scratch that, it DOES fit, Nod, Perfectly.

Well done, Machine! Smile
Oh, and sorry about swearing... I just had to it was that awesome.

Edit: Oh my god... I didn't even know, PPM had a censor'... O_o

Harv
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

im gonna start some more voxels when my vacation is done just so yall no

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

same, expect some new voxels from me in the next couple of days (well, unless i get side tracked Wink )

The Team Black Index

Harv
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ill have some for tusday Smile

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I Hope to see some, Navy voxels from you, Guys.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i see.....machine is a bubblegum crisis fan Wink

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:
i see.....machine is a bubblegum crisis fan Wink

Oh busted Laughing Yes, I'm a fan of Bubblegum Crisis #Tongue; the original design for the Chem Commando (*name pending; though I'm thinking to call her Chemical Maiden, maybe too much Iron Maiden lately Laughing) is a "fusion" of Nene's and Linna's hardsuits, with some few elements added by me. But I felt it was too mechanical and little Noddy Laughing so I remade her, by adding more elements from diverse Tiberian Storyline concepts (Renegade, TS, Continuum, etc #Tongue)

BTW, I added to this post the concept of the Leviathan. For those who might ask why I added it after finishing the unit?, the answer is simple, I draw it again, since I always make a concept for my render, but most of them are very small, in fact the disk thrower at it's side was a stick figure in the original concept Laughing
I think that I should say the sources of the inspiration for this mech.
From Gundam:
-RX-78 GP02A Gundam Physallis
-XXXG-00W0 Gundam Wing Zero
From Mech Warrior:
-Colossus Class Ares Mech
And of course Command and Conquer Wink

Finally a piece of "Fanart" by myself
I could use some Boomer designs for CABAL units #Tongue

Leviathan
Seems that you won't see the disk thrower too much #Tongue, don't worry I'll post it's concept soon, had a little trouble with proportions, so I must remake him #Tongue
(This comment is outdated, since GDI's infantry style got sightly changed)

Last edited by Machine on Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

cdmt
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I could use some Boomer designs for CABAL units

You mean boomer as in Nuclear Submarines or Boomer as in large groundshaking mechs or tanks?

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Boomers as in Bubblegum Crisis; which means, robots with a highly organic look.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 4 [182 Posts] Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon