Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:09 am
All times are UTC + 0
TS:RO Concept Artwork
Moderators: Rise of Omnius Staff, Machine
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 4 [182 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Oshog
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Droppod marine is a bit heavily armed, no?

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, if you were dropped in the middle of a fight you would want to be too... right? Razz

Harv
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

shit yes

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I probably should have given him something stronger than a Carbine though Embarassed

Although he does have a rocket launcher, so that might could make him an all around good infantry (which is what I'm hoping Machine will allow)

If they get those weapons, they could possibly be used to route/fend off advancing enemies for a short amount of time whether its infantry, vehicles, or both

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seems like since i've been gone, i've missed alot of Corsair's amazing art-work... Nice concepts man! I hope they can become part of the mod! Smile

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Corsair:
Droppod Marine, will be an all purpose infantry. Originally, I meant them to be "light jumpjet infantries" (heavier tan original jumpjet, but light in comparison to our jumpjet infantry), which equipped a heavy machinegun and grenade launchers.

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well... see... I did not know that Laughing

I need to talk to you sometime about some units, and how you view them personally

Because some units I only have the name of... and thats it... no info or anything on them

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's a random halftrack I made, kinda randomly

If we can't find a place for it, that's OK.

GDI Halftrack

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

shinji
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

add the half track plz because i and m,aybe other people would like to get at least afew infantry into the heart of an enemy base e.g

you send in afew titans and some apc's to an enemy base, the defences atomaticly oblitarate the APC's and then go for your titans then they kick out the infantry, so your stuffed because the ciborgs masacre your titans

basically add it so there is an apc that has some firepower and can partly defend itself

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice half track, could be useful as an special unit, like a law enforcing GDI unit; yeah, I love special units, that are exclusive to campaigns, blame Blizzard for that. Also the hover APC should have a small chaingun turret, so your APC won't be defenseless.
*As the APCs are hover APCs now, they'll be susceptible to Ionstorms; BTW we could use the old [APC] entry to make a Nod unit Laughing

Judeau
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Machine wrote:
Nice half track, could be useful as an special unit, like a law enforcing GDI unit; yeah, I love special units, that are exclusive to campaigns, blame Blizzard for that. Also the hover APC should have a small chaingun turret, so your APC won't be defenseless.
*As the APCs are hover APCs now, they'll be susceptible to Ionstorms; BTW we could use the old [APC] entry to make a Nod unit Laughing

sinking apcs...fun, heh

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, that's the price to pay for having a turreted APC, as the amphibious one, won't accept a turret without problems, as the turret flying over the APC, when it's on water

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IIRC only the "[APC]" is hardcoded to have an alternate "water" image (apcw.vxl)

I copied the APC's code and made a perfect clone, called ABC, and there was no change between the land image (abc.vxl)and water image (which i called abcw.vxl) ...

the voxel I named "abcw.vxl" did not show up at all Confused

The Team Black Index

Last edited by Team Black on Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:10 am; edited 2 times in total

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why not just set it to hover + align it lower with the HVA, so you can use the APCW logic for something else?

"Banned" RP here

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nah, that would just make it appear lower relative to the selection box, making it difficult to select the unit.
And it wouldn't even solve the problem - it would still look the same on land & on water Wink

The Team Black Index

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
nah, that would just make it appear lower relative to the selection box, making it difficult to select the unit.
And it wouldn't even solve the problem - it would still look the same on land & on water Wink

Do it like TS: Squared, ditch the selection box entirely & just do it liek RA2. :3

"Banned" RP here

Judeau
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Machine wrote:
Yep, that's the price to pay for having a turreted APC, as the amphibious one, won't accept a turret without problems, as the turret flying over the APC, when it's on water

aye, had the same fun with TSD

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All right, is this more like how you wanted Machine?

We got the heavily armored trooper, and we have the more standard trooper

Which do you prefer, or do you dislike both and want me to try again?

(Everyone else is free to state what they like/dislike about them; other than the art style #Tongue)

Trooper
Old trooper design, just for comparison.
Armored Trooper
He's pissed off because he's caked in armor.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

#2 is the best, "Armored Soldat.jpg"

The Team Black Index

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And to finish off the night... the Nod Fanatic, I would imagine Machine wants more armor

Nod Fanatic

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice. Cover his arms with.. something, and.. he might do quite well for a Nod grunt. Very Happy

Odd gun, tho. The grip is almost bigger than the mag. ^.^

"Banned" RP here

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing

Yea, I made them have a little too light of armor, but just something about seeing a unit called Fanatic... doesn't really bring to mind a highly armored soldier... probably just me though

I'll work on it, see what fits the unit Smile

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Corsair wrote:
And to finish off the night... the Nod Fanatic, I would imagine Machine wants more armor

Heavy Armor is GDI's area, Nod can have their grunt soldiers without armor Very Happy

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like it, though it might be too armored (looking somewhat bulky), well anyways that won't be something what we could notice in game Laughing

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't really draw it for this mod, I drew it for something else, but I figured it could be used somewhere in this mod if you wanted to use it

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow, there are some really awesome drawing here! i do like the black hand trooper Very Happy

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Corsair wrote:
I didn't really draw it for this mod, I drew it for something else, but I figured it could be used somewhere in this mod if you wanted to use it

Well it really fits with the Black Hand idea; and is also a really good concept art, so we'll be using it with small modifications.

TSHyper wrote:
wow, there are some really awesome drawing here! i do like the black hand trooper Very Happy

Yeah, Corsair is a really awesome drawer, I'm really glad to have him in the "crew" Laughing

Grievous
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello TS:RO crew, I'm wondering if I could join in and do some concept art.

I've been in PPM for years but I rarely ever post, just look and learn, and for a couple years I've also lost interest in CNC., but I'm back, a bit.

Anyway I've done a couple drawings for RA Mental Omega, just a couple.

So here are some artpieces by me. Not fantastic, so I hope you guys I'm good enough.

I'll have more time from 20th July onwards, so if I can I'll do some concepts from then on.

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, your definitely better at the anime thing than I am, and since Machine's mod is somewhat influenced by that it would be good to have you on the team

We'll see what Machine says Smile

Last edited by Corsair on Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Corsair wrote:
Well, your definitely better at the anime thing than I am, and since Machine's mod is heavily influenced by that it would be good to have you on the team

When did RO had a heavy anime influence? If RO had a heavy anime influence I would be making super robots in a humanoid style, rather than two legged/four legged, armless mechs. The thing than I inspired to make some designs in anime, and that my drawing style is close to anime, doesn't mean that RO is influenced by anime, in terms of story and/or style.
In fact I try to give the most "western" (in short, tanks with legs) look, to the mechs I make, and to follow mostly westwood's and your concepts Corsair, sadly your post makes me think that I'm failing at it.

Anyways, I do not think that we need another concept artist in the team at the moment. However anyone is allowed to post their concepts for RO here as fanart Laughing; or should I make a fanart topic Question

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry Machine, I didn't mean to offend you if I did Sad

Your doing a fine job, poor choice of words on my part

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, keep in mind we have at least 4 people capable of doing concept art already - corsair, Machine, me, and Gosho (no, I am NOT going to call you "z" #Tongue )

The Team Black Index

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GDI wins yet another battle!... erm... quick change the channel!

Yea, I was doing homework... then I got bored of it and did this instead

Battle Scene

Last edited by Corsair on Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Impressive, I like how GDI is being pwned by cyborgs, but specially the expression of the GDI soldier running. BTW what's that Orca looking aircraft, seems to be attacking GDI forces

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dude that's frikin sweet XD

The Team Black Index

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow. Corsair you have quite the skills in rendering graphite.. and interesting concepts aswell.

this also quite a scene, there with that cyborg abomination.

although to help your drawings to stand out more, keep things in the distant slightly lighter in shade. it will create a sense of depth and make things more readable. Wink also try to remove extraneous details. im sure you can come up with truly wicked visuals.--good luck

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Machine wrote:
What's that Orca looking aircraft, seems to be attacking GDI forces

Well, from what I know, we haven't really gone much into detail with cyborg airships. So I just put together something real quick to give the cyborgs something dangerous in the sky

Pynk wrote:
Wow. Corsair you have quite the skills in rendering graphite.. and interesting concepts aswell.

Thank you

Pynk wrote:
although to help your drawings to stand out more, keep things in the distant slightly lighter in shade. it will create a sense of depth and make things more readable. Wink also try to remove extraneous details. im sure you can come up with truly wicked visuals.--good luck

Constructive criticism is always welcome Smile

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Machine lord's Cyborg Reaper, lacking organic parts though, which is Corsair's mission BTW. Well anyways I posted it, since I didn't want you to miss this great concept, or to wait for Corsair's improved version Laughing

Cabal Reaper

Last edited by Machine on Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Absolute win.

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All right, here you go Machine

A heavy cyborg like that just wouldn't have worked so well with a more organic body, so its a little heavier armored than I intended

So you can choose between yours and mine on which you prefer to use (I think yours was fine to begin with, but you wanted me to do my own version:P)

Assault Cyborg

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the last pic look more like mutant than cyborg for me. #Tongue

well i like your archidtecture design and that alien ship. Wink

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol machines cyborg is very cool...reminds me heavyly on the Quake 4 Strogg designs, with that head, it reminds me also heavyly on on scene in "genocyber"

can be seen in action also here, for a second #Tongue
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MjfdH_lS87o

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Corsair:
Wow, nice design Corsair,though it seems that you didn't get my idea, but anyways, we could always use more cyborgs designs.

@blubb:
It isn't based in any of those, though it does look similar to both; it's more based on Throne of Bhaal logo, of Baldur's Gate II's expansion pack, though that's only the head #Tongue

Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Machine wrote:
@Corsair:
Wow, nice design Corsair,though it seems that you didn't get my idea

Embarassed

Yea, your right, I didn't Laughing

Harv
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i was bored and i did some drawings they don't need to bee used but can be if you guys feel its appropriate

Gunship 1

above you can see that it takes off vertically, its a heavily armored infantry transport. three rockets mounted on the underside for takeoff and for forward flight. two cannons on either side of the front as well as a main gun on the top and a rear mounted gun and a gun on each wing Smile.

Gunship 2

same ship just diving to attack or what ever.

opinions would be nice, I'm curious as to what you guys might thing of it.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Corsair
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My first thought is if thats possible to make such a voxel, with all the weapons it currently has

I do like the idea of a ball turret though

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by Machine on Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll get to work on that soon's I can.

The Team Black Index

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn, i've missed quite alot... Good new's anyway, Machine. I've got somethign underway, so i think i'll have TS up 'n' runnin' in due time! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 4 [182 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon