Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:03 pm
All times are UTC + 0
hello need help with fa2 editor - startpositions
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Olaf1987
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject:  hello need help with fa2 editor - startpositions
Subject description: asap plz :D
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hello im new here in forum as you see, i hope this is the right section...
following questions i have...
ive made a map with some attack waves etc .... and some nice triggers which work fine ,... but one thing i dont understand.......
how can i make specified start positions ? its needed for that map (for example: right- korea,america - pc,pc------left germany,france - human,human)..... i tried many things but best i think is for example with destroy all mcvs when map start and change house to triggering units ( already placed deployed mcvs)...but this dont work ,..i saw this in another map there it work.....but i see no difference between my and the other map-triggers,...
so would be nice if someone can explain me exactly what i have to do that on the right side the pcs start and on left the humans every time again and again,...every time france and germany on 1 start position nothing else

greetz olaf

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just place the waypoints 0 to 7 to the start positions that you want.

Waypoint 0 is position 1, waypoint 1 is position 2, ... , waypoint 7 is position 8.

Olaf1987
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hehe no its not so easy lol.... when u start the map in multiplayer or singleplayer u every time have another start position doenst matter what numbers u give, u think i dont had the same idea first ? Very Happy

edit:ok, i didnt wrote that i tried this too cause i thought its clear for everybody that this wont work^^
plz someone gimme answer who know exactly what to do or maybe know t he same problem but with some useful ideas Very Happy

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you'll need YR for that...

Olaf1987
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

??? whot u mean just the yuri editor ? ...but then i cant play the maps in ra2 ?
if u mean that i need yuris revenge, ok i have but i wanna make maps for C&C red alert 2....i love this more....but i already saw a map where this work how i want but i dont understand the unlogical stupid triggers,.... i tried to "copy"that (isnt possible with that shit editor) and made same on my map then but this didnt worked

edit: you know ........ my map is near ready i made all trriggers myself which i wanted and all near perfect,....but the only thing which not work is that stupid startposition problem-.-

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You need Yuri's Revenge to choose starting points...

Olaf1987
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok but again .... ive already saw it working on another map with ra2 editor,......but if i use yuri editor can i play the maps in normal ra2 then too ?

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IMPROBABLE!
that was just plain luck...

Olaf1987
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

emh it is called "impossible"....

but this map what i mean work this way....all mcvs destroyed in beginning... next second everyone got a placed deployed mcv......that destroyed again ...and everytime i played it for now maybe 50 times or more.....
korea & america everytime on one side,....on other side frankreich,germany...
want that i send u the map?

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just never mind...

Olaf1987
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

whats so hard to answer my questions ?
can no one help me here ?Sad
i thought is is a forum with experienced mapmakers Sad....the name sounds like it

Olaf1987
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bump for help plz

Olaf1987
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bump

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry but no one can understand what you mean or are trying to achieve, from what I gather you changed goals half way through the topic :S.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He wants to do - so HE ALWAYS plays the map from the same start point on the map...

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if I understood his goal correctly, he wants players to be able to choose where they want to spawn in his custom map.

I lost my RA2 discs some time ago but didn't Gufu already answer that by saying it cannot be done without RA2: Yuri's Revenge?

or maybe, just maybe.... you can download the latest patch for RA2 and hope that they updated RA2 to obtain YR functions much like TS can be upgraded with patches to obtain FS functions.

wardeathfun
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

they didnt and if the above poster is correct in what you are saying then no. it wont work, i tried and failed (actually got close too, i got yuri's faction playable though Very Happy)

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's very simple what he wants to do. He wants the human players to start on the left side of the map and the computers on the right side, every time the map is played.

The idea is simple, making it work isn't.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
wardeathfun
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ooooh.... ok, then it isnt possible. the people are always starting as far away as possible so instead of 4 people on one side its 2 people on each side and 2 computers on each side. so there is nothing you can do.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

u can only achieve that in YR or a singleplayer mission in RA2

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Phatdaddymac99
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think i have a solution to your problem, as long as you make sure computer players are certain sides and human players are correct sides you could do this.

Have construction yards where you want them to start with a trigger like so

Event = 8 Any event (makes it happen straight away)
Action = 14 change house ( make the house be a side, example Korea)

Attach trigger to construction yard where you want Korea to start.

Do similar triggers for all construction yards with a different house for each (but don't use civilian, JP or any player @ ones)

Then make a trigger like this

Event = 13 elapsed time ( make it be 1 or 2)
Action = 121 destroy all land units of (then pick player @A)
Do more actions till you have one for each start position.

Now when map starts the construction yards (and if u wanted to other buildings) become each player that you wanted and the proper start units MCV and tanks and infantry if unit count higher than 1 will die a second after buildings change therefore no one loses the game Wink

I am 99% sure this will work

Pic and sig made by LazerAce7

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's for YR only, he said he wants something for plain RA2. Which shouldn't be possible AFAIK, but since he says he has a map where this works, he could just analyse the triggerwork...

skyboy
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this is possible

Have construction yards where you want them to start with a trigger like so

Event = 13 elapsed time ---- make it 1
Action = 14 change house ---- to the house you want to give the con to, Iraq Korea, etc.
Action = 63 Apply 100 damage at... --- at the starting pos of all player waypoints (you need about 10 for each without changing the strength of the mcv's)

rinse and repeat for all players

But, if there is a trigger to change this con to iraq and there are two Iraq, one will lose instantly, and if one is for Korea and no korea, IE

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon