Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:47 am
All times are UTC + 0
[Operation: Garden of Eden] (RA2)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject:  [Operation: Garden of Eden] (RA2)
Subject description: OMG! Nods Viper releases a single-player map! :O
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep... The good ol' Nods Viper is back, with his single-player mapping. Wink

It's been a long time since i made a single-player map, but this one is not that bad for fun record, if you ask me. Smile

Anyhow, this is not a very difficult level, as for my RA2 Campaign, it's the first level for the soviets... Take this as a... Sneak preview if you will...

(Also, i have a few AI Triggers in the map, but they are not responding correctly... Can someone please help me discover why this is, please?)

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Story : We once had a large base in the Horwick mountains, Comrade... But it appears that it has been divided into 4 seperate groups... Before we blew up the kremlin with the trator, Yuri inside, he released a large wave of propaganda messages across all of our bases... Resulting in a very large betrail of out own, people, our own soldiers and even our own generals... The base in the horwick mountains is where you shall begin you fight to destroy all trators...

Objective 1 : Remove all trator's from the Horwick mountains.

That is all.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Have fun, my friend's. Smile

(For those who don't know, to play a singleplayer map, Drop the file into your RA2 directory, then begin a new soviet campaign... Have fun)

Note :: This map does not require Yuri's revenge.

minimap.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.32 KB
 Viewed:  10094 Time(s)

minimap.PNG

pic2.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  317.22 KB

pic2.PNG

pic1.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  326.09 KB

pic1.PNG

RA2 Garden of Eden V.2.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  RA2 Garden of Eden V.2.zip
 Filesize:  42.97 KB
 Downloaded:  2395 Time(s)

Last edited by Aro on Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:25 am; edited 3 times in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I Hate to double post... But, C'mon, Guys! I worked hard on this one... I know some of you have just walked in and out to look at the fancy pictures because i can tell by the number of veiws... But there has not even been any downloads yet... I appologise for the small ammount of pictures, but if i give anymore, it will be like giving a walk-through, and if i give walk-throughs, then the fun of this map is toned down highly...

I Need to know what you think so i can improve, and make this campaign better, so you guy's can enjoy it all-the-more. Smile

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Downloaded Smile

I'll have a look later today (I'm in school right now)

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well done

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks... I've uploaded another version, as i detected some bugs in the first version... Download the new one instead, guys. Smile

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

aw geez
Yea the other one didn't let me win..
OK ARO it better be fixed this time:P

The Team Black Index

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's fixed.. Giv'a me a full review and rating when you're done please, Blackster. Smile

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, another SP map! Thanks Aro Smile

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bump!!
I know sorry, but i want some inspiring comments here... Anyone played it and won it yet? Cause if so, and you liked it, i'll make more for ya', being as i've not got alot to do on weekdays anymore, i'll continue making single-player maps... Only if this one (my most recent) was good enough for y'all... =)

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
i'll continue making single-player maps

ROFLMAO!!! ha ha ha! that's a funny joke, ARO. you're a silly guy. For a second there, I thought you said "I'll make more maps for ya", maybe I need to get my eyes checked #Tongue

The map I liked, though there wasn't a whole lot of money on it - I ended up doing most of my attacking using my war miners Laughing

The Team Black Index

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Erm, No i wasn't joking.. As I've said somewhere before, I've got nothin' to do during weekdays much, so, being as RA2 and it's map editor are the only "WW Programmes" Left on my computer, i assumed it'd be something to do (Make more maps for ya' does not mean i'm taking up projects, gah... If i'm gonna get back into any projects, it'll be one with potential, so my time and effort wont just be put into a mod that's going nowhere), So Yeah... Don't take the piss, Blackster! xD
Comments anyone? Inspire me! =)

Karnatu
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Aro, here's a review:

Map Design---4/5
It was good but the thing was that I felt that I was going through the same thing over and over again and everywhere was green!

Creativity---3.5/5
Well I didn't see much creativity. You're the master of being creative but you didn't impress me much here. Good parts were some texts and revieling map parts.

Balance---4/5
The map was somewhat unbalanced. When I destroy the Conyard they sell everything and come at me with tons of troops and when I played the second time I already had about 5 sentry guns so I EASILY kept them off. Other than that it was very good.

PLayability---4/5
I want to build tanks! It wasn't fun without them and low money meant low score for funness. I hate maps with low money! But the game had this old-fashioned style so I liked that with sandbags.

Story and Misc---4/5
The map WAS Good but was short.... and the story says this place was split into 4 seperate places there is ONLY one enemy house.

Overall score---3.9/5
Well it was good and I can't say it was bad in any means, but that's the scores I thought it deserved.

BTW, the overall score is an exact average of the other scores.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's about god damn time someone gave me a review of this map... I was beggining to loose hope! >_>
Oh, and good to see you again, Karnatu! (It's Nods Viper) Wink

Oh, yeah, i forgot, there ARE Tanks on this level, you just have to find them. #Tongue

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm, if so, I will download it, and I will find them! HA!

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not bad as a campaign starter mission, the firesale after the conyard goes is annoying though as it can make it difficult to complete the mission if the player has not prepared for it ahead of time or if there weren't many other buildings that would spawn infantry. The mission needs more polish though in the form of custom text notifications for objectives and Ranking settings in the map for hte mission complete screen.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're right blade, i was thinking about removing the firesale, I'm yet to figure out how to add Custom text triggers for RA2. Don't suppose you know how, do you?

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Edit RA2.csf to add new strings and then call them using the text triggers. I'm sure there must be a link to the CSF editor somewhere around here. Either than or use XCC string editor build into XCC mixer.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks many, Blade; You've just helped me out a large deal. Wink

iloo
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mission İs VeryGood Smile Thanks Aro Very Happy

I Am 15 Years Old in istanbul Was born Laughing

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thread is also a year old Rolling Eyes

But now it has been bumped anyway... Aro, you ARE aware those pics aren't PNG at all but just renamed BMPs, right? #Tongue

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I'm aware of that, I Used to have a really bad habit of typing in '.PNG' in the file-name instead of selecting .PNG from the drop box. Razz But now that I'm here, I've fixed the pictures.
Its been a while since I Made a single-player map...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon