Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:23 pm
All times are UTC + 0
G-Police Mod
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [31 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Which game should the mod be in?
Tiberium Sun!!!!
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Red Alert 2 ofcouse......
57%
 57%  [ 15 ]
They are both good games, make it in both of them :D
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 26

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject:  G-Police Mod
Subject description: A G-Police mod for TS &/or RA2
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G'day,
After making some voxels for TS I have decided to continue on and make a full conversion mod, bringing G-Police 1 & 2 into TS/RA2.

A question i ask is should i do it in Tiberian Sun, Red Alert 2 or both?

Some background info on G-Police:

In 2057, Earth's resources are completely depleted. A race to claim every ore-bearing rock in the solar system begins. By 2079, tension grows as opposing nations compete for ever-declining resources and expand their military capabilities in space.

In 2085, EuroFed deep space survey ship Argo is impounded by SDR-AF coalition forces. Three ships are destroyed in the ensuing police action. Negotiations fail and war breaks out. Fighting continues until 2087, when the final fleet action takes place at Nereus Harbor, orbiting Neptune. Within days the battle is finished. Damaged and badly irradiated, the flagship Damocles is the only cruiser to survive the conflict. The war is over. Powerful multi-national corporations unite to take control and restore order to the tatters of society. With little remaining military or financial resources, Earth's governments are stripped of their powers and are forced to demilitarise. The construction of capital-class armed spacecraft is outlawed.

By 2089, the corporations continue the exploitation of space, making vast profits to further strengthen their position. Earth's coalition government is allowed to create a multinational force to keep order in the colonies. The Government Police are born.

Quote from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-Police

Some Pics of the units so far:

OccultSpectre
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This mod will be a amazing mod!!

Make it for TS!!

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is more potential in RA2 but I feel this mod requires a completely new and urban terrain set, if anything you will need to borrow the TS urban set or recreate your own based on images of G-police. RA2 would probably be harder to do a whole terrain conversion for but the possibilities it allows over TS for a G-Police universe are too great.

Also I would advise keeping away from the original G-Police story and setting, just using a SIMILAR one, this gives you ultimate freedom with what you want to do and does not restrict you to anything.

Good luck Smile

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We can use the G-Police story, but on a different colony, remember that the 2 games are only on Callisto (one of Jupiter's moons), we have a whole system of colonies to play with Very Happy

OccultSpectre
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Morpher wrote:
There is more potential in RA2 but I feel this mod requires a completely new and urban terrain set, if anything you will need to borrow the TS urban set or recreate your own based on images of G-police. RA2 would probably be harder to do a whole terrain conversion for but the possibilities it allows over TS for a G-Police universe are too great.

Also I would advise keeping away from the original G-Police story and setting, just using a SIMILAR one, this gives you ultimate freedom with what you want to do and does not restrict you to anything.

Good luck Smile

In my opinion, TS can recreate the new terrain better than RA2. But, if rico uses TS for make the mod, TS need some new buildings (non-dammaged, because the city set of TS buildings looks dammaged).

That's my opinion Very Happy

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why not both? Eh?

Then it can suite the best of both worlds.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Becuase its easier to create a mod focusing all your attention on one game, as running a big mod myself its better to not have distractions, it SLOWS you down.

Uh, no TS does not have the G-Police atmosphere, when I was playing G-police 1 I didn't see blurry bright ground with derelict buildings everwhere.

G-Police is a heavily urban based game, the crime is the enemy, which requires urban landscapes to thrive not derelict deserts of nothingness. Also RA2 would be better as it would leave much more openness for logic possibilities. Being plauged by engine limitations is not fun...

I would advise setting this on a different colony as suggested, however keeping the G-Police game feel to it, a similar installation and city build.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update, heres an ingame. What do you's think of the APC?

Some of the damn colours seem to be incorrect, dont get why tho since i did them in the vxl editior using TS palette (atleast as far as i can tell lol)

It looks like RA2 is leading by a hair's length Smile

pic.jpg
 Description:
Squadcar, Squadvan and APC next to eachother. Puma nearby.
 Filesize:  707.95 KB
 Viewed:  27775 Time(s)

pic.jpg

OccultSpectre
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice!!

But I suggest that you could resize the infantry and make it smaller than the squad car... then, It will be amazing!

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think it would be easier to make the models larger instead. resizing infantry is not only needlessly tedious, but will reduce the details terribly too. Isuggest making your existing vehicle models larger, and all subsequent models larger too Smile

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Am i the only one that, Does not like those, Voxel's?
I'm sorry, Rico, but i just think they're far too plain; They're just not really my style...

Any-how, good luck. Smile

Harv
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no aro, i dont like um, square wheels dont usually work

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
VK
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Tiberium Sun!!!!

Tiberian Sun
I suggest YR, because YR the best C&C2 engine and support a lot of different stuffs (like occupable buildings, lasers and tesla at the same time)

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
I'm sorry, Rico, but i just think they're far too plain; They're just not really my style...

Thanks, yer i know they are plain, but I'm trying to keep them accurate to G-Police, and like it or not thats how that game was Smile

harv wrote:
no aro, i dont like um, square wheels dont usually work

That can easily be fixed, tho the APC doesn't have square wheels (its tires arn't highly visible because of the way it is in the game), heres a pic to show you what i mean:

EDIT: Thinking about it RA2 seems like it may be better, with the larger scale the voxels will be large enough for the details that are on them, in TS the detail i do put on is either gone or un-noticable Sad

apc6.jpg
 Description:
See how the wheels only have the tire on the edge of the wheel, i assume to help prevent damage to the tires.
 Filesize:  32.14 KB
 Viewed:  27720 Time(s)

apc6.jpg

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More updates:

I have changed the Havoc, Puma and Medical Puma's colours to the same gray as the ground vehicles (to fit with G-Police).

Also, Dregen (spelling? lol) has re-textured the Puma into a 'Marine' scheme. Although in the game the marines used either the G-Police or a green colour for them (no camouflage, just green), he made his own camo for them and since they look so good I've decided to have it as the Marine scheme, comments on it?

Also, to top it off Dregen also made a new version of the Puma in Marine camo, since they are marines they also get heavier equipment Wink

Comments? Very Happy

mnepuma2.gif
 Description:
Marine armed Puma
 Filesize:  144.56 KB
 Viewed:  27699 Time(s)

mnepuma2.gif

mnepuma.gif
 Description:
Marine Puma
 Filesize:  113.08 KB

mnepuma.gif

newpuma.gif
 Description:
Transport Puma in the new gray shade
 Filesize:  46.56 KB

newpuma.gif

newmedpuma.gif
 Description:
Medical Puma also in the new gray shade
 Filesize:  71.21 KB

newmedpuma.gif

newhavoc.gif
 Description:
Havoc in different shade of gray
 Filesize:  59.58 KB

newhavoc.gif

OccultSpectre
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This Thread Is Worthless Without Pictures

anyways, they look awesome!!

I have a question: which will be the sides?

maybe G-police, Marines and Terrorist (I dont remember the name now)??

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have to fix the centering of those voxels. Either the voxels themselves are off, the voxel bounds need realignment, or the hva needs to be fixed.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's only the hva that needs alligning. The voxels and the bounds for the voxels are all center.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sides are:

G-Police (GP1 & 2)
Marines (GP2)
Syndicate/Gangs (GP1 & 2)
Krakov (GP1)
Nanosoft (GP1)

The (GP1) and (GP2) is referring to which G-Police that particular side was in.

And ill get in game pics later once i get back from work Razz

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Way too many sides man. It'll be very difficult to make all those from scratch. May I suggest just start on one side and once finished, start on another.

G-police would be best to start imo, since they look best so far.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Most of the sides use the same equipment/buildings (but reskinned), eg: Marines and GP are almost the same, however GP has some unique units and Marines have some special units, like the USA and Russia factions in RA2.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

someone asked for pics, heres 1 Smile

g-police ingame2.jpg
 Description:
unit scales :)
 Filesize:  297.77 KB
 Viewed:  27598 Time(s)

g-police ingame2.jpg

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The new aircraft is a transport helicopter thats still in the middle of production and only has test camo atm. However this particular unit has two thrusters and two rotors and will be added shortly. Bear in mind to is that the apc will need refining also but it is in its finished size.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As above Razz
Sorry, 1am, me too tired to think Embarassed

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G_police units don't have rotors they have rocket engines :p

hell i played G_police enough times Laughing , i remember a really, really hard mission where there was this trucks you had to find then the damn thing opened up a pair of AA turrets and i was like WTF .

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The thing is, the unit i'm working on atm does have rotors. The previous unit will now become a civy transport and im working on a new one .

chopper1.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  318.92 KB
 Viewed:  27555 Time(s)

chopper1.PNG

Last edited by Mortecha on Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have G-Police 1 & 2, and the unit Dregan is making is from G-Police 2, its a supply transport, it brings in fuel rods for the havocs in GP2.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry its been a while i only played G_police 1 ,Moslty G_police two is i admit pretty vague in my head i'm sure i would of missed a bit. :S

Oooo nice ...i loved G_police i was like the most awesome game ever ;p

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, it's been a long time since my last post but this mod is not dead, it was just in hibernation due to RL stuff. Wall bash!

So currently I'm testing ideas regarding gameplay, those that have played G-Police know that one of the big points of it was the domes, often you would fly in one, then go through a tunnel to another to continue your mission etc.

In an effort to have the gunships not land I ran into an issue which has turned out to be a good feature, by setting the aircraft up as hover units they cannot fly over cliffs, so I will be using cliffs as the domes edge and the tunnels that the game already supports to do the system that G-Police had.

This ofcourse does raise a few questions:
- Aircraft can be shot by everything :- Normally this would be a deal breaker for a mod however in G-Police everything (and I mean everything) did shoot at you, so it's actually more accurate to the game this way. That said aircraft will use one of the armour types exclusivly and 'AA' weapons will be more effective vs the aircraft (so a rifleman won't do much but a SAM will quickly shred it).

- Carryall won't be possible :- An unfortuent side effect, unless I have a transport big enough to hide the unit underneath and have it look like it's transporting vehicles (and gunships) around inside without needing to use tunnels.... (so a space capable vessel) hmmm ideas on this?

- Ofcourse the upside is that air to air combat will work flawlessly.

Gameplay:
So earlier I explained how I want to use tunnels to recreate the G-Police map styles, however another part which has given me pause for though is base building. In the game your fighting in cities, and while there are bases their pre made in small areas, not really something you can build on the fly anywhere. This had left me with 3 options:
1) Just have normal TS base building and not worry (not preferred)
2) Have no base building and instead capture 'tech structures' to build units from, or just don't have bases at all.
3) Have a small base possible, basically an outpost, where you deploy your HQ (G-Police 1 did this in one of it's later mission and GP2 also touch on this), where you can build defenses and vehicle building structures. However to unlock units you need to capture tech structures scattered around the map.

I prefer the 3rd options but am open to suggestions, it certainly makes the mod unique and makes use of the theme of G-Police rather than just have a Tiberian Sun game with GP units standing in for C&C units.

I'm currently making a test map to see how the gameplay feels, its one thing to have it in my head but I need to see it in action and tweek from there. Just using C&C stuff as stand in's since it's to test gameplay theories at this point.

Feel free to comment, suggest ideas or even offer to help if your interested Smile

Also a shout out to Dubzac, not only has he helped me with voxels but also with flushing out alot of these ideas, thanks a bunch mate! Approved!

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome back, Rico. Smile

Aro wrote:

STFU Noob.

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's amazing how quickly time has flown past, just realised earlier today that I have been on this site for over 10 years, WTF?? lol

Perhaps catch me on fb or skype some time, could certainly use more perspectives on the gameplay as I test (would happily send you the test files)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [31 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon