Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:26 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Storm Valley (3-6)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Major Paine
Medic

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject:  Storm Valley (3-6)
Subject description: A nice temperate map...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok. First, I'm new to this site but far from new to map editing RA2 and YR. Second, this map has a minor incomplete storm generator built in. The finished product is down the road, as I am in the process of modding sounds to get the right ambiences for the storm. I need to know if the terrain and lighting look good...

Uhhhh, I can't figure out how to put up a minimap pic... I've never put any of my maps on a website...

storm valley(temp).yrm
 Description:
The calm before the storm...

Download
 Filename:  storm valley(temp).yrm
 Filesize:  245.1 KB
 Downloaded:  249 Time(s)

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Open the map in FA2. Click on the minimap window's title bar to focus it. Alt-PrintScreen, go into Paint or Irfanview, Paste, Save. In the forum, start writing a reply, look below the text, you'll find an "Add an Attachment" panel. Browse for the file you saved, then Add Attachment.

I'm attaching a minimap of your map this time.

minimap.png
 Description:
Minimap.
 Filesize:  21.15 KB
 Viewed:  6901 Time(s)

minimap.png

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The map's ground is good, but it could need more details in form of cliffs.

Major Paine
Medic

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crash-King: Yeah, I couldn't find very many places in my mind that could have had cliffs... Maybe, I could divide the bases with cliffs instead of hills... Actually, that's a good idea. When I played tests with brutals that were on my sides, they could just freely drive right up to me... That would make it somewhat easier to defend.

DCoder: How do I use the attachment thing? Is it that thing I used to upload my map? LOL Rolling Eyes But, thanks for telling me how to save my minimap. I got frustrated with it last night.

Also, I need to know if everyone thinks it is well balanced or not. It kind of seemed to me that some of the base building areas were smaller than others.

Major Paine
Medic

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can I ask questions on how to do something in this map, as well as post the updated versions in this same thread? I mean, the questions I want to ask are on this map.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First I'd give a look through the tutorials in this forum, and see if any of them answer your question. Or do a search (at the top of th page).
That way, you can avoid asking questions that have been asked 1000000000 times.
If you still can't find what you need, then by all means, ask away.

If you hit "new reply" it gives you more options to inclde in your post, including "upload attachment".
Keep in mind that .bmp format is BAD format to post images; post in jpg or png

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Major Paine
Medic

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, okay... I've searched the forum long and hard for this one...

I'm trying to take some type=local sounds, and make global sounds out of them, and, well, tain't werkin' nun.

Here's a complex look at what I'm trying to do:
Original sound below
Code:
[_Amb_WindPlains]
Sounds= awin02a awin02b awin02c awin02d
Control= random loop all ambient
FShift= -5 5
Priority= lowest
Delay= 5000 10000
Range= 10
Type= local
VShift=20
Volume=55

You see, I'm trying to edit the ini of the map and turn that sound up there into a global sound so as to play it over the whole map with one trigger(instead of a billion different waypoints to make the sound play everywhere)...

I've even tried this:
My third try at making it global V V V
Code:
[_Amb_WindPlains]
Sounds= awin02a awin02b awin02c awin02d
Control= random loop
FShift= -5 5
Priority= high
Delay= 10 10
Type= global
VShift=20
Volume=55

I want so badly for a wind sound to make the map's storm loop to have more of a violent umph!

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try Range=-1 or if that doesn't work, Range=100000
I don't know if there's a maximum range for ambient sound
Then again, heck, this is pretty much educated guesswork on my part! I really haven't done a whole lot of editing in this area.
One thing I'd bet on though, is that removing the Range tag is a bad move

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try Priority=critical, thats on the Kirov create sound and it's global...

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think you can edit soundmd.ini in maps. To the best of my knowledge its just AI and Rulesmd

Major Paine
Medic

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can edit sound, I've done it before on the cricket sounds. Heck, you can even edit images and add new units and animations if you include the art with the map and instructions on where to put them in the RA2 folder. But, I know it's not range. Turning the range up obscenely high just affects it by making it so as soon as the waypoint of the sound comes into the screen, it makes the sound play at the loudest possible volume. That's why I need to make it global... Somehow.

Major Paine
Medic

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update: I have started work on the cliff detail that Crash-King suggested. As of the rain and wind situation... I still need to figure out how to mod the sound better. Does anyone know if you can remove commands completely through ini editing? Maybe you can do Command=NA or something to make the map ignore the old commands that have no replacement in the new sound? I don't know, I'm going to go start creating lightening bolt triggers.
Grrrr... Grmbl...

Also, ORCA, the thunder in the map, if you haven't played it, is 25% louder than the thunder for the weather storm intro. So, I'm positive this is possible, I just haven't figured it out yet. Arrrrrgh!

Major Paine
Medic

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Updating the map... New terrain w/cliffs.

EDIT:: I am now going to go post this map in the completed maps area as I have given up on modding the sounds, and the map's full storm loop is, IMO, perfectly fine. I just have to get some in-games and I will be set! Also, for those who have downloaded and played the incomplete versions, the storm loop is fully done, and don't worry the lightening doesn't damage your units. Wink
So... Y'know... Look for this map in the completed section.

storm valley preview.JPG
 Description:
Yay! A minimap!
 Filesize:  7.5 KB
 Viewed:  6765 Time(s)

storm valley preview.JPG

storm valley(temp).yrm
 Description:
The calm before the storm...

Download
 Filename:  storm valley(temp).yrm
 Filesize:  257.88 KB
 Downloaded:  247 Time(s)

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WOW! I think I might check this map out...

Downloading

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon