Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:56 pm
All times are UTC + 0
ETS 3.40 #0019
Moderators: Global Moderators, VK
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [37 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
VK
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject:  ETS 3.40 #0019
Subject description: Released!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ETS 3.40 #0019 released!

Changes:
*SpySat SW no longer open map for all players, only for owner

Download here

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder, does this fix it also affect on Spy logic?

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does it still gives the errors to anyone?

VK
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I wonder, does this fix it also affect on Spy logic?

no.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i wonder if you ever thow a new version out if you fixed 1 thing...how many ETS releases we have yet?........

its rather...weird
still not using ets, comfort is still killed.
I mean your "fix" for TFD players....expand the troubles on this and look through the basics what should be done to TS that are moe important

Orca Transports
Dropship bay feature
Watchtowers
Day & Night stuff
and and and...
before you go and expand to money superweapons, teritary and quatertary weapon stuff
you know.....

and a tip for the next release....work it out, and check it up yourself before you post bugget stuff that we all have to search for bugs that you can fix in the next version and throw another version out, it begins to be confusing.
To release a new version with 1 bugfix change is not realy a sucsess and does not make realy much sense.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Keep up with the good work Smile

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb dont bash Extended Tiberian Sun Mad .

Dropship bay screen mouse cursor has already been fixed from what I know.

There is nothing wrong with Day & Night stuff. Its a map specific function that you can implent on your own for maps and missions.

Watch Towers spotlights folowing targets and plays a alarm when they spot something and follows it with the spotlight like in missions would be a good thing but one thing at the time dude hes only human (almost).

Orca Transports would also be good if they work but as I said one thing at the time dude this is only a minor revision update.

And about fixing one thing at the time with small revision update is fine for me if it did not work correctly in previous version. This was one of those things that needed fixing. Now I can add SpySat to my personal mod without worrying that everyone gets their shroud removed.

As Nubilus said: Keep up with the good work Smile

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not bashing, its counting on facts, if you can't accept different people opinions then is a forum like this not the right place for your enjoyment.

day & night stuff is all gone wrong in the released tiberian sun, there is more then a visual effect that was planned, read the confirmations from WW before it was released.
The dropship bay had also its function from what I know, ignoring now the cursor in the dropship loadout function feature that is made for missions.

there are also too much major bugs, and 1 fixed feature from something bugged in a new release version is NOT good.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:
day & night stuff is all gone wrong in the released tiberian sun, there is more then a visual effect that was planned, read the confirmations from WW before it was released.

Where can I read this stuff?How does it soppose to be?I know that the trees here planed to be more useful in the game...like setting up into fire one tree ..maked a forest fire that can burn out the whole nemyes base...thats brings idea of a flamable grass terrain...

blubb
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

darkness should have decreased the sight of units and the behaviours of base defenses and other stuff that goes into it, that let you decide wich unit type is more useful to act with as others in what time circle.
things like this, ishmael did posted this again in the petroglyph forums, it is also well known from old magazines.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Creagor
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For anyone interested THIS has quite a few things in it that were dropped, and also provides a fairly god explanation as to why they had problems with time.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah... there are a few things in ETS that CNCVK has not told people about Wink

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And you will share them with us?

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well i could, but... i think VK will share them when the time is right...

*hint* * is the magic number *hint*

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

69?

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

never mind, if he tells you, he tells you #Tongue

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

released?

and crapped

i wanted to use it in my mod, i barely wanted it, but i had to cause of certain logics i needet buuut....

omg.jpg
 Description:
make it stop!
 Filesize:  452.52 KB
 Viewed:  37458 Time(s)

omg.jpg

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That also happens in the original 2.03 patch. PPM FAQ has an answer for that problem.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IS a funny bug =p

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My ETS crashes Sad . It always seems to do it for me, it will just suddenly hang the game. Any ideas why? #Mad

DragonFly
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With or without any mods?

Ive noticed a few mods made for Fire Storm 2.03 will hang ETS (I'm noticeing they all have 3rd sides and that my attempts at adding a 3rd side to my mod have resulted in similer problems so I think VK acidently broke something here)
(TF: A dieing World for example will crash ETS)

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No mods. On my new PC it crashes in Skirmish randomly (in Firestorm). However I am playing the GDI TS (not firestorm) campaign and sofar no issues on my 'older' PC Rolling Eyes

Celestial_Artisian
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

uuuhhhhhhhh somehow its been moved the link is broken.............

Object not found!
The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404
files.renegadeprojects.com
Thu Jul 26 18:26:18 2007
Apache/2.0.53 (Linux/SUSE)

VK
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had moved my projects to another server.
You should wait some time (I will add ETS section to my new site).
Sorry.

nikoleah
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So.... When you're posting new links ;P I use this in my mod then

Godofgamers
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay...a bump, but with good reason. I agree, all I get is links to Rockpatch and some other crap.

BUMP Sign.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  55.83 KB
 Viewed:  34597 Time(s)

BUMP Sign.PNG

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Marek89
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: ETS 3.40 #0019 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

VK wrote:
ETS 3.40 #0019 released!

Changes:

Download here

Reupload, please.

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Erm... Why not just get it at his site? Confused

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Becaus it is ETS_3_40_R0018.exe on his site and r0019 aint there if you bother to check Very Happy

Sorry im late:
Here is ETS 3.40 Rev/Build: 0019 for those who want it

ETS_3_40_R0019.zip
 Description:
ETS v3.40 R0019 in a Zip archive becaus EXE extensions aint allowed here

Download
 Filename:  ETS_3_40_R0019.zip
 Filesize:  135.93 KB
 Downloaded:  5732 Time(s)

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh, didn't know that r0019 wasn't there #Tongue

Alurcas
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for the dumb question, but does ETS also work with heavily modified versions of TS(FS) when installing ETS afterwards? My mod took aleady around 400 hours of time, and I don't want to scrap it, although I do regulary backups.

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes it works, it only adds new features/functions, it does not change anything that will break mod compability so it will work with your old/new tiny/huge mods.

If you dont like ETS you can uninstall it, the only file that gets changed is Game.exe and adds 1 or 3 files like Game.bak (its a backup of your old Game.exe and the ETSLauncher.exe file or whatever its named (I dont use that one at the moment)

Alurcas
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello and thank you, I tried out as you said and it works Very Happy

BUT: Is there any kind of...ehm..."documentation" for ETS? I read in the #0018 thread that there was some kind of readme in the download package, but downloading #0018 is now not possible anymore. Sad

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The MDK documentation can be found here http://vk.cncguild.net/ on the ETS Downloads page (ETS 3.40 Mod Development Kit)

Ignore that the MDK zipfile says R0018, everything written in it applies to R0019 too:

Changes from R0018 to R0019:

Alurcas
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, ok, it just doesn't work...is it ok that game.exe and game.bak have both exactly the same size?

I tried to attach missiles as a tertiary weapon to a tank, but it just did not use them...

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope, Game.exe should be about 4mb or so, where the Game.bak should be 3mb or so.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [37 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon