Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:24 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Ally and neutral house
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
AngelLestat
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject:  Ally and neutral house Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First to all, thanks.. I could do what you said me with the ini mod.
And i learn to do some more stuff with ini mods.
But i have a new problem now, In my multiplayer map, i want make a Ally defence, becoz if I loose energy, these defends keeps on.
Soo, i made a trigger, house:civilian --> action --> change house to player C (I am player A) and make ally to player A, and i put some nuclear reactor in a no visible area from the map.
But I need to have another Neutral house, not allied with player A.
The problem is, that the action "change house" is only for the attached object, and the action "make ally" is for the trigger house.
Soo, all civilian object with different player owners are ally to player A, less the player B that it have a start point like the player A (i dont know why)
Well, until now, i think that is imposible with the FA2 Editor Tools.
But i want to be wrong. Sad

Last edited by AngelLestat on Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total

AngelLestat
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I found the way to make that without allied.
I will do that with the "turn On" action atached to some defends, soo, if i loose the power, I will have some switches that turn ON back only these defends.

But anyways.. I want to know, if there are some metod to make ally only an objects, no all house.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ACTION: 14 Change House

double click on the units/buildings that you want to change house.
Click the 'attached tag' dropdown, and select the name of the trigger.

This attaches the object to the trigger, so when the trigger goes off, all the attached objects will be affected.

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but I hope this helps #Tongue

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

AngelLestat
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dont know what do u mean, but if the trigger execute one time, the change house is done, and u cant back the effect disabling it.

My english is very bad, sorry.
maybe for that u cant understand my question.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so, you want to make a trigger that makes units change their house, then change back again?

to make them change back, make a new trigger, but give it the same TAG as the first trigger - this way, all the units attached to the tag will work for both triggers

(IIRC)

The Team Black Index

AngelLestat
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I want to know, if there are some metod to make ally only an objects, no all a house.

This was my question, I never said nothing about change their house.

I want make allied a object, no the triger house, becoz the trigger "make ally" said: trigger house is allied to the specific house

Well never mind, i guess not. u cant.

Another question, if u have 2 triggers, trigger2 attached to trigger one, and only trigger1 tag.
What zap if u clic in the disable box of the trigger one, and u eneble from another trigger?
trigger2 is eneble when triger1 is enable? or u need enable trigger2 too?

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I want make allied a object, no the triger house

True, you can't ally specific units, but you can make them change to another house which IS allied, and is the same color, so that it APPEARS that just those units have become allies...

Quote:
Another question, if u have 2 triggers, trigger2 attached to trigger one, and only trigger1 tag.
What zap if u clic in the disable box of the trigger one, and u eneble from another trigger?
trigger2 is eneble when triger1 is enable? or u need enable trigger2 too?

You could probably test this yourself, if it's really that important for you to know.
Because I'm a nice guy, I put together a map with the triggers you mentioned, so you can test thhem out however you want.
I really can't help you further than that, because I can't really figure out exactly what you're asking :S

the triggers.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  47.1 KB
 Viewed:  4154 Time(s)

the triggers.PNG

The map.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  The map.zip
 Filesize:  8.02 KB
 Downloaded:  239 Time(s)

The Team Black Index

AngelLestat
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you for all your help, you had not bothered so much.

I was reading and testing lots of things these days.
And now I know, that i cant do, what i want to do.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NP dude, glad I could help dude Smile

The Team Black Index

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon