Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:19 am
All times are UTC + 0
How Spam and Bashing Will Be Treated.
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject:  How Spam and Bashing Will Be Treated.
Subject description: Because its clear current methods are failing.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm tired of people using a banning as some kind of threat or n00b-bashing when they have no authorisation over that. Unless you're a moderator, you can't dictate that.

I've tried in the past, to just clean up topics by removing spam, and leaving replies which even with spam, hold some relevance to the situation.

But frak it.

If you spam, or make reference to it by trying to knock them down. You post goes. Regardless of what else your post holds.

Do not reply to spam or bashes, just PM me with the thread, and I will clean it up. PM's get notified in my email, so first chance I get, it'll be sorted.

Everyone here thinks they are so much better than everyone else, and that, they have the right to put everyone else in their place, ie, on the floor grovelling because they are right, and the other people are all wrong, foolish, and pathetic.

Well, the only people pathetic, are those who follow that belief. Those who have absolutely no respect for anyone else.

So, no more encouragement of the players. No more ego-boosting from other peoples mistakes.

You have a problem, you come to me. You have a death-message to pass on to the other guy. You PM him, or you email him.

You. Do. Not. Do. It. On. The. Forums.

We'll see how well this works. You have, all, been warned.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've PM'd Banshee about this, about 20 minutes before your post conveniently. May be worth PMing to you as well.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice idea Smile.

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would hope that you will in fact moderate properly. I can see you all ignoring Gufu bashing (which happens regardless of if his post is on topic or not) but having fits whenever he posts anything slightly irrelevant.

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just leave Gufu along, he a funny guy sometimes, and some times he just say thing for fuc* hehe. Just leave he, Gufu have be on this forum long and he have always be like that. Remove he :S. I can't this who be the new Gufu then.

Anyways nice idea, I hate people say I'm Better then u and like that.
I have say this sometimes before in treads in this forum. Help the new some come and will learn to mod if them just get bad critic's and so on. Find it out ourself and like thats. Is so bad, if I can i try help them the noobs and newbies. Help the news so the modding not dead ^^. We need more guys/girls some mods the old C&C games <3.

Long live the C&C modding

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i said a year ago already, that if banshee actually told people WHY the get suspended in an E-mail, ppl are less likely to make the same mistake again. simply saying it in a topic that cant be visited due to the suspension would have little effect.

i think this forum also needs to take an example from overclock.net. their reputation system to be more specific.
they dont even have a crap forum. simply because nobody spams the entire forum. it might be a good idea to ask one of the moderators or webmasters there exactly how they handle it.
A "rants and raves" topic, as they call it, is something we're missing out on here too, AFAIK.

it might be just me, but ive felt the C&C Community weakening, if not starting to die, since the release of C&C3. Less is done, so the spam is just about everything left. when i just came here, voxels and SHPs were posted on a daily basis. maps too. now theres being do so little that even I dont post every time i come here.
like i said, might be me though.
dont get me wrong, theres still stuff going on, just less that it used to.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

With newbies who have done wrong, I will PM them what happened, or people who have been complete idiots.

But banning is a power only Banshee holds, and I can't say what he does in that situation.

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I am glad more vigorous action is being taken. I think the lack of posting of resources is that the great makers of the majority of it are having to get jobs or are in college and they just don't have the time they used to have. With regards to maps people barely respond anymore to the maps in the TS archive (including the greats like (Ixith) and I think it was a year ago that someone posted a ra2/yr map. But cnc3 has not been killing the forum imo. Post count per day has actually increased somewhat because of it. When I first joined there would be 100-150 posts unread when I first log in on a week day with a week end lull into the 80's now a days is hovering around constantly in the 70-90 range. I hope things will improve though.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, there are more POSTS, Orca, but less actual WORK released.. nobody's writing any stories, no new tutorials.. very few people are voxelling, and.. NOBODY is SHPing..

ChielScape wrote:
i said a year ago already, that if banshee actually told people WHY the get suspended in an E-mail, ppl are less likely to make the same mistake again. simply saying it in a topic that cant be visited due to the suspension would have little effect.

i think this forum also needs to take an example from overclock.net. their reputation system to be more specific.
they dont even have a crap forum. simply because nobody spams the entire forum. it might be a good idea to ask one of the moderators or webmasters there exactly how they handle it.
A "rants and raves" topic, as they call it, is something we're missing out on here too, AFAIK.

it might be just me, but ive felt the C&C Community weakening, if not starting to die, since the release of C&C3. Less is done, so the spam is just about everything left. when i just came here, voxels and SHPs were posted on a daily basis. maps too. now theres being do so little that even I dont post every time i come here.
like i said, might be me though.
dont get me wrong, theres still stuff going on, just less that it used to.

Agreed, completely.. Recently, there are.. very few new voxels, almost no new SHPs, and a new map is practically cause for celebration..

PPM is dying... Not that anyone really cares what some emo spamming dumbass thinks.. Rolling Eyes

"Banned" RP here

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PPM is not dying. It's actually getting more and more visited, however, the public is changing. C&C3 attracted the interest of people who were modding other games before, including TS.

Also, I must admit that I'm not giving enough support for voxel submissions, SHPs and maps, due to my university pressure. Once I get my vacations, I'll start news posting some of these resources and people will start posting their stuff to appear in the news #Tongue.

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muldrake wrote:
With newbies who have done wrong, I will PM them what happened, or people who have been complete idiots.

But banning is a power only Banshee holds, and I can't say what he does in that situation.

PMing would be the same. if you're suspended you cant visit your inbox, unless you log out first. but you cant log out since you're suspended.

Banshee wrote:
PPM is not dying. It's actually getting more and more visited, however, the public is changing. C&C3 attracted the interest of people who were modding other games before, including TS.

Also, I must admit that I'm not giving enough support for voxel submissions, SHPs and maps, due to my university pressure. Once I get my vacations, I'll start news posting some of these resources and people will start posting their stuff to appear in the news

good to hear there'll be some changes.

P.S. you still dont have vacation? :p

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, my vacations will start in the middle of the next month. In the south hemisphere, it's winter and winter vacations are short. The summer ones are much longer than the winter ones.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I PM when I've cleaned up, or when someone spams.
I don't have the power to ban or suspend. Thus a PM does work in my case.

Suiseiseki
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tyler Adams wrote:
Yes, there are more POSTS, Orca, but less actual WORK released.. nobody's writing any stories, no new tutorials.. very few people are voxelling, and.. NOBODY is SHPing..

That's not strictly true, many people are simply at busy times in their lives and a lot of work being doing is for personal projects - not the community.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnivean wrote:
Tyler Adams wrote:

That's not strictly true, many people are simply at busy times in their lives and a lot of work being doing is for personal projects - not the community.

Well.. yeah, that's true, but.. nobody is releasing this work, anyways..

"Banned" RP here

Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ChielScape summed it up nicely, and IMO something should be done to jump-start PPM back to the level of work that was being done within that ChielScape remembers (or even that I remember; even around the point where I joined there was a decent level of projects being worked on, including some, not a lot, but some, now-forgotten mods for TS/FS/RA2/YR). With focus being mainly on C&C3 nowadays, I think overall work will drop and spam levels, no matter who causes them, will continue to rise.

Back when we had TumSun still, after I had joined I had done some digging in the still-existant threads from 2002-2004, and saw that even TumSun in that time frame had lost a bit of its buzz, even now TibWeb isn't the way TumSun used to be (though was that expected?)... so, I'm wondering now, what could we do to get the 2 forums going with maximum work output and minimum bullcrap? I really don't know.

[quote="DCoder"]There is no sanity left in this thread.[/quote]

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe we should release Taktics and start up that mapping competition, turn everyone into a mapper! #Tongue

The mod is nowhere near ready for release :'(

Shameless plug? "Yeah baby!"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Owen the Elf Jedi
Rocket Cyborg

Location: A ship going to the Ark so I can blow the crap out of the Covenant, WA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This could add some cheer to your lives. Of course, it probably won't.

I almost have a map ready; it will be ready in mid-to-late July, and if I still have a working internet computer at that point, we'll have new map (or possibly more than one). Yay!

I've discovered that I can't voxel or SHP, so I'll try to get as many maps and as much example "helper code"/tutorials as I can in the next few months. It won't push us to No.1, but hey, it'll still help.

PS: Help, I can't get the CP's to use amphibious transports (and they are needed for this map), please PM instructions.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well at least there's still alot of us who still have the initiative we've had from the start and are steadily outputting more good work. It could never be as great as the hype in the past, but for now I'd say we are doing pretty good.

P.S. I don't post bullcrap, which is I'm so low in rank. Laughing It's like recycling; trash isn't good for anyone.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just an update, due to many things happening over the summer, namely moving out into a student house, working loads over the summer, and having to do a pass-or you get your ass handed to you on a silver platter.. exam, I've been a bit distant.
For that, my apologies. But I have every intention of coming back and serving these forums again. (That is.. inbetween flying my RC Aircraft and working on a mini-mod.)

So, if you have a problem, if something is up in the forums, and it needs the attention of a moderator, just PM me, and I'll be at it as soon as I can.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This thread sounds pro-active but unfortunately I don't know if this will work.

A little note to muldrake:
Sometimes I come across as rude when I don't mean too due to a lack of non-written communiication, for instance lines written that, if said, would be accompanied by a smile are often misunderstood as rude, if you think this to be the case can you just add a Wink to the end and PM me, after a while I'll get over it but every now and then I make a mistake. Thanks, and no I do not intend to use you as a personal mistake-corrector, if I think this is due I'll do it to my posts too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!