Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:05 am
All times are UTC + 0
Halo movie
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject:  Halo movie
Subject description: says halo 3 at the end though
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Daz
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also available on the Bungie website in better resolution.
It's good except the explosion at the end and the guy completely not reacting.

It's just a short, the Halo movie still doesn't have a company behind it.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Daz wrote:
It's good except the explosion at the end and the guy completely not reacting.

Looks like a plasma burst or something, not an explosion, but I see your point..

Confused

I can officially say I definitely can't wait for Halo 3.

Well.. a Halo 3 PC port, anyways.. Razz

"Banned" RP here

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

isnt it a simple laser impact?

Halo > PC ports FTW :p (excluding Hl1)

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ChielScape wrote:

neither faction use lazers.

^_^

Also:
Halo =/= HL1.

Dunno why everyone's all "omg Halo sucks HL is win", they're both great games, just go different paths..

"Banned" RP here

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But there IS a laser hitting the ground. :/

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tyler Adams wrote:
ChielScape wrote:

neither faction use lazers.

^_^

Also:
Halo =/= HL1.

Dunno why everyone's all "omg Halo sucks HL is win", they're both great games, just go different paths..

whatev.

Hl1 =/=HL1

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Srsly, CS, WHY does Halo suck? WRY?

OmegaBolt wrote:

that's fucked up..

"Banned" RP here

OccultSpectre
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME!

September 26th... Finis the fight! YAY!

It would be fine to see MC back on action.... again Very Happy

Have you seen the single player screenshoots? O.o they're FANTASTIC! Speccially the one in wich appear MC and the Inquisitor Smile

THE Protagonist
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey, i played the beta for halo 3, alot.... alot alot! and i can tell you, its gonna be the best shooter on the 360, Wii, and PS3.

OccultSpectre
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

THE Protagonist wrote:
hey, i played the beta for halo 3, alot.... alot alot! and i can tell you, its gonna be the best shooter on the 360, Wii, and PS3.

And PC, and Snes, Gameboy, Gameboy color, Gameboy pocket, Gameboy advanced, Gamegirl (lol), Nintendo SD... PS1... Commodore... Very HappyVery Happy

Owen the Elf Jedi
Rocket Cyborg

Location: A ship going to the Ark so I can blow the crap out of the Covenant, WA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The laser-that-is-not-a-laser is a plasma-blast from the Phantom, or something new in Halo 3. The Phantom blast is the only thing that scale and that color that we've seen so far.

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tyler Adams wrote:

OmegaBolt wrote:

that's fucked up..

i agree. its kinda fucked up.

and i simply didnt like Halo 1 for PC. aiming was off and it looked like freakin' DooM, but worse.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ChielScape wrote:
Tyler Adams wrote:

OmegaBolt wrote:

that's fucked up..

i agree. its kinda fucked up.

and i simply didnt like Halo 1 for PC. aiming was off and it looked like freakin' DooM, but worse.

.. how was the aiming off? It's simple: move with the mouse + press left mouse down when the cursor turns from blue to red.. Rolling Eyes

"Banned" RP here

Owen the Elf Jedi
Rocket Cyborg

Location: A ship going to the Ark so I can blow the crap out of the Covenant, WA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The aiming wasn't truly 'off', but it had an auto correction feature for people who can't aim that would slightly adjust your shots toward the target (like a slightly downgraded version of the Plasma Pistol's overcharge tracking), and that really ticked me off, because it would sometimes shoot the wrong person (we'll say person-a), even when the only person within the margin of inaccuracy was person-b. It wasn't too bad, though, certainly not enough to say the game sucked.

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, thats what i meant. i hate auto-aiming, and accelleration of the cursor/crosshairs. since it doesnt do exactly as I want, the aim is "off". it drove me nuts. it doubled my reaction times. controlls for vehicles were crap too.

Owen the Elf Jedi
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, if you play legendary I think it turns it off. I only play on legendary, so now it doesn't bother me.

PS: New personal redord for Legendary 'Pillar of Autumn' on PC! 15:43! Yay! X-box I can do it faster, though. I have way too much time on my hands...

friday-13th
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

eh,the only thing i dont like about halo pc is that the aimming is kinda gay,mainly the assualt rifle felt really off,and pissed me off mostly lol.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, i DO get pissed off at games quickly.
theres few games that i found to play as nicely as Lost Planet, so its sad that exactly that game has such short missions, and gets finished before you even get properly warmed up.

Daz
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are going to be more of these shorts.

This is a Warthog.

It's not a model of a Warthog.
It's a "...fully-functioning, four-wheel steering, powerful, off-road vehicle with a machine gun on the back. At the correct scale."

WETA (who I believe are the Lord of the Rings movie effects people) built it. It's sat in a garage in Wellington, New Zealand. I want one.

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

someone has a little too much free time on his hands.

Elerium-155
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ChielScape wrote:
someone has a little too much free time on his hands.

Nah.

Daz
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well it's not a free time thing is it.
It's a proper effects company doing it for films.

They're trying to get a studio to back a Halo film so they're doing the shorts to show how it could be done. And I imagine not having to make up as many props as they're already done would be a good thing to bring to the table.

Owen the Elf Jedi
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They've been trying for the Halo movie for quite a while, haven't they? I, personally, don't think it's gonna happen... It'd be cool if it though. Wink

I want one of those Warthogs, too, Daz. I mean, just think how fast people would get out of your way. No more roadraging on you! Laughing

Daz
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They had it all set up to go but the studios (I think it was Universal and Fox in a joint deal, or they may have both had offers on the table independently) wouldn't agree on some terms with Bungie. Bungie didn't want it done at all unless it was being done properly and the deal collapsed.

It'd be awesome to hold it in a huge slide around roundabouts.
I think a real one might be a tad more prone to rolling than the ingame one though, unless there's some serious weight in the very bottom of the chassis.

Owen the Elf Jedi
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it was noted to have counterbalances somewhere in the games or books or something... Halopedia could tell you more on that (www.halo.wikia.com). I think the most fun thing would be having one with a Gauss cannon on it. The magnetics required might mess with Chiefs armor, though. Interesting thing, and something I don't think they ever addressed.

Halopedia might also have more on the movie... I'll check.

Edit:
Fox back on board! The Halo movie continues! Click here for movie info. Note how many studios declined because Bungie and Microsoft wouldn't let them do their crap to the movie and make it inaccurate as possible. We could, possibly, have the first accurate movie ever!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum