Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:10 pm
All times are UTC + 0
I've been playing Freelancer!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 4:16 am    Post subject:  I've been playing Freelancer! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been playing Freelancer, and though I don't generally enjoy space-combat games, I really like Freelancer. So, I thought I'd let people know about Freelancer, if you don't already. Basically, as I said it's a space combat game, only the major difference between it and others is that you belong to no faction, and there's no war. You're essentially a mercenary, so you go around the systems, talking people up in bars and getting jobs. All the action occurs in space, where you get in massive fights (Which can get pretty intense, especially in the plot missions). Now, you might say, "Wouldn't a game like that get boring after a while, if there's no story?"

Actually, the game does have a really good plot woven into it. I wont reveal anything about it, but it runs on basically a level system. Your first mission is a plot mission, and after you complete that mission and go through all the information (Opening cinematics, plot development during and after the mission, etc.), you're left on your own to fly around and find jobs. Once you make a certain amount of cash, you level up and must participate in a mission in order to continue (However, if you decide you don't want to keep playing the plot, you can just decline the mission and go back to freelancing. I'm pretty sure you're given opportunities later to get in on the plot again, though). And, the plot missions aren't only for plot development. There are some pretty insane battles going on later on in the game, especially after a particularly nasty plot twist which has you fighting dozens of fighters, cruisers, gunboats, and battleships.

As for the gameplay, the best way to describe it is as a far more open-ended, interesting version of Earth and Beyond, with better graphics and sound. Also, despite its good graphics, it manages to run really well, even on my crappy video card.

So, anyway, I'd suggest you check out the website and grab the demo if you get time. You wont be dissappointed!

http://www.microsoft.com/games/freelancer/

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well it's a flight sim which makes me want it and its a space game so I want it even more then I looked at the system specs and then kicked my comp.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lolllll, what's your system?

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

where are the specs
the game lloks fairly interesting BTW

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

my comps got 7.4 gig hd 400mhz celeron, and 64 megs ram plus a reall crappy video card.

All hail me

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ooohh, ouch. I suggest an upgrade as soon as possible Wink

The game runs as smooth as silk on the highest graphics settings for me. My comp's a P4 1.7ghz, with a SBLive! card, 256 megs ram, and a TnT2 video card (32 megs)

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well as soon as I manage to get me a job I found a nice laptop that I'll be getting.

All hail me

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, nice. I wish I had a job Sad

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

THEM FUCKS, they jsut coppyed the idea from Westwood space game. ztyping PIECES OF SHIT!

ARRRGGG FUCKERS, THEY EVEN COPPYED THE WARP.

http://www.earthandbeyond.ea

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lolllllllllllllll, Freelancer is a sequel to a very similar game, Starlancer, and Freelancer has been in production for years. Longer than E&B has been officially announced, that's for sure. Also, it's not called Warp, it's called Jump, in Freelancer. They didn't copy E&B, because they couldn't have known about E&B.

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I knew that realy #evil

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol terror

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

loll, he's just pulling a "CC"

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol

All hail me

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy crap Kane, I have the same system as you!

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

:O!

Coincidence theatre!

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kane wrote:
lolllllllllllllll, Freelancer is a sequel to a very similar game, Starlancer, and Freelancer has been in production for years.

Anyone here happen to have starlancer I just got it yesterday.

All hail me

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had it at one point, but I had a crappy rip, so I never really played it. Rips just don't have the same feel.

Tapek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
loll, he's just pulling a "CC"

I take offense to that, foul knave.

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kane wrote:
I had it at one point, but I had a crappy rip, so I never really played it. Rips just don't have the same feel.

Ya well that sucs its a great game but I'm nearing the end of the missions and I can't seem to figure out how to just run a normal skirmish.

All hail me

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea, Starlancer didn't take well to non-story parts. Freelancer is good for scirmishes and stuff, because once you beat the game, the entire universe is open to you. You basically just travel around, take jobs, go bounty hunting, loot wrecks, etc.

And, the offense is sorta almost kinda not intended, Tapek of the Hyperbolination.

Tapek

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kane, you have a SERIOUS problem of not being able to take sarcasm or subtle humour.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not worse than mine #Tongue

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As do you not, CC Wink

If I intended to insult you, I wouldn't have said that so convolutedly.

Grimreaper
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Been a while since i have posted on here.. anyways

Freelancer is pretty good, especially online where you have the whole universe to explore from the start without the missions.

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, just 'picked it up' from a recent LAN party and I think its an excellent game, needs a lot of players in a multi-player game to make it truly excellent though (we played with four at the party and it was pretty good)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum