Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:00 pm
All times are UTC + 0
FA2 help
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Turkkish
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject:  FA2 help
Subject description: terrain shows as black
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have used FA2 before with no problems. That was about 2 years ago though and since then I've switched computers, so, I've reinstalled FA2 and RA2/YR. Now on both my laptop and my PC FA2 looks like this:
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j272/thereno8101/FA2.jpg
*linked to not eat up bandwidth*

All bits of terrain show as black boxes. The mini-map shows correctly. Since I have installed two different versions of FA2 on two different computers, I conclude that it must be something I'm not doing. I doubt there is something wrong with the program or my computers.

I did search this site and found a similar problem, but it sited XCC as the problem and I do not have that on my laptop. I haven't started messing with ini files on my laptop. The game is 100% untouched as far as mods go.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, this is a nice site and I'm glad I stumbled across it.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, i've never seen anything like that before... The only thing i could really think of the problem being, is some missing files from the FA2 Directory, check to see if the Temperatie.ini urban.ini and snow.ini Are in there... or whatever those files are called... They should have things like Temperate, snow and urban in them, as far as i can remember,

Turkkish
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm, I am not seeing any ini files bearing those names or anything close.

ini files in FA2 directory are
_BATTLE.ini
_battleRA2.ini
_isdelet.ini
FAData.ini*
FALanguage.ini
live.ini
SetupScript.ini
StdMapRA2.ini
*FAData seems to be just the rules for using the files I seem to be missing.

It is odd if what you say is right then I have 3 copies of FA2 that are flawed. 2 are version 1.01 and 1 1.02.

Can someone who has a working version and can upload the setup app to someplace like megaupload or yousendit please? That way I can either fix it or determine if it is something my computer is doing.

Edit: I created a log of FA2's activities (attached)
it seems the *.tem files are nowhere to be found. Where do these come from?

finalalert2log.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  finalalert2log.txt
 Filesize:  35.89 KB
 Downloaded:  336 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon