Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tiling Issue - But not caused by lazy terrain tiles
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Daz
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject:  Tiling Issue - But not caused by lazy terrain tiles Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm having a problem with maps I've made.

They always seem to end up tiling identical tiles over all terrain of that type.

This is a screenshot from Tsunami (an official map).

This is a screenshot from one of my maps (ignore the colour, that's lighting).

As you can see, the terrain isn't the problem. It's the map.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The IsoMapPack5 doesn't hold information about which tile variation is used (i.e. it only saves "clear01", not "clear01b" etc), so the map is not the problem.

The game randomizes the tiles on startup I believe...
So the only reason I see is that it cannot find any tile variations to use.

Assuming that tile is called "clear01", be sure your variations are called like this:
clear01
clear01a
clear01b

Daz
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They are, the tiles are fine.
That's why there is variation in the official map, but for whatever reason there is no variation in any map I have made.

It's odd that if the game randomises on startup that this problem has been there for at least a month consistently.

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you add a new tile-set or replace an existing one? If you added one, variations might fail without proper tags. Check out the clear entry for any special variation tags.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Daz
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MigEater @ Revora wrote:

This is because of an error with XCC TMP editor, older versions of it automatically set every tile to use the damaged tile system (the bridge ends use it etc). This however stops the game from reading all the tiles properly & so the game will only uses the first tile in the set. To fix them use TMP editor v1.05 to untick the "has damaged artwork" box in the properties in every tile.

Can't find a non-dead download for 1.05 though.

Daz
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gamemate provided me with the .exe, which I have attached to this post incase anyone ever has this problem and finds this thread with a search or whatever.

XCC_TMP_Editor105.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  XCC_TMP_Editor105.zip
 Filesize:  225.14 KB
 Downloaded:  238 Time(s)

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I ran into the same problem when working with snow terrain for TS, which ultimately made me give up. I'm going to try this out.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AH! i always wondered what the damage flag did! cheers MigEater Wink

GeckoYamori
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't start the old TMP Editor. I need a file called MFC71.DLL. Care to share it?

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon