Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 pm
All times are UTC + 0
What mods for cnc3 would the pple of ppm like to see?
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [33 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

What would you like to see cnc3 modded into?
WW2
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Cold war
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Modern (BF2 equivilent)
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
TS remake
29%
 29%  [ 8 ]
TW remake as WW would have intended
48%
 48%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 27

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject:  What mods for cnc3 would the pple of ppm like to see? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well now that we are faced with a new engine to mod, what are everyones thoughts on the mods that should be made.

Select a choice and tell us your reasons for your choice.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Original ones.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OMGWTFBBQ war... we need a FUN MOD!

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Woops. There was meant to be another option called other Laughing This is a guide for anyone who wants to start a mod so they can see what other pple would rather see, origionality doesnt come to play in this selection because pple can extrapolate there ideas once they have a rough idea idea on where and when to set it.

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clazzy wrote:
Original ones.

I second this motion. We need original works. TCs of quality!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Kiith-Sa
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Exodus, TAKTICS, AR2, Delirium like mods.
Not meaning copying: meaning: do something new!
(I'm starting to be unoriginal by copying other people's opinions in this thread #Tongue)

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i like to see real C&c3,but i know there is imposible to happen,then i choose TS Remake or Tiberian Sun Rising mod. :p

godsun
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm, an Original mod.. or a Fun mod... both mixed would own!

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

any quality mod will balance the fun factor with its unique story presentation..doesn't mean you can't have one or the other...Wink

While their is an eagerness to join in on of the popular "MyC&C" mods and due to EA's inconsistencies, I don't think it will end, but definately something that is new and innovated that uses the C&C3 engine to its potential.

in other words...ORIGINALITY FTW! #Tongue

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You cannot really say "TW remake as WW would have intended" due to, you do not know, nor does anyone else outside of ex-WW of what their true interpretations were.

And from what we have seen of their intentions, I believe EA did do, to some reason.

So, I think it should be more of "TW remake as to what the community would like to see." But that itself is pretty vague.. considering some want a General remake, some want better continuation of TS (rather than a TS remake) and some want TW scrapped and converted into an RA3 #Tongue.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

democrats vs. republicans

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Ackart
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
democrats vs. republicans

I'd play it.

Red Alert mod for C&C3.

HaydenG
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm going to start making a Legos mod where everything would be legos... if anyone wants to help, send me a pm.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just go make a TS Remake and get TS out of your system already. :p

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well we could make a TS remake or we can do a TW remake that would be as the community intended, the ppm community. Which at the moment seems like the community wants Tiberian Twilight.

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tiberian sun rising is a good ts remake and its coming to C&C3

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know:
3 sides: Stickfigures, Madness, and Lego!

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No more mods where people attempt to be John Hammon and re-create "Westwood's C&C3" in a half-assed attempt. Im so tired of seeing TS remakes being planned. Nobody will be able to create what Westwood intended, hell, nobody really KNOWS what they intended. Westwood's so damn secretive like the KGB or something.

We know there will be 30+ mods with Titans and Mammoth Mark II's when somebody fixes up the Mammoth and Titan wrecks inside of TW. Nevermind the fact that it holds the modelers, ect back from creativity when stuck to that canon. Lets see new, unique mods. And God, no World War II mods. Too many World War II games exist. Yes, epic war, 12 million died, but, humans have had a million other wars BESIDES WWII. Just because WWII has a guy with a funny moustache, doesnt make it cool anymore for games.

Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

make a mod which allows the avatar to rip off one of the tripods laser cannon arms and use it as a weapon to beat tanks and infantry to death lol.

HaydenG
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alexander C Bukington wrote:
make a mod which allows the avatar to rip off one of the tripods laser cannon arms and use it as a weapon to beat tanks and infantry to death lol.

That would be exciting to watch...

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hrm..Well. I guess if someone made a "Heaven vs. Hell" TC. that might be pretty cool...there was a PC with the same name and idea... but the Studio died. .

Last edited by Ickus on Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tacktics in the SAGE engine #Tongue

Alexander C Bukington
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"That would be exciting to watch..."
It would be funny as hell. It should also say something in a robotic voice like "who's yer daddy" when it beats tanks.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im feeling for an ECCO RTS. yup. xD

TSfan
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

try the idea I posted earlier, i spent valuable seconds on it

Gun Ship
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Well we could make a TS remake or we can do a TW remake that would be as the community intended, the ppm community. Which at the moment seems like the community wants Tiberian Twilight

A TS remake would be great I can't the original to run on my PC. TS has issues with hyper threading. Embarassed

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@gun ship

no it doesnt, it runs on my P4-630HT fine. but it does with vista, so i second it anyway.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about having break dancing robot who says "I'm a mechanical man"?

Chaotic General
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

an interesting TC would be Metroid RTS, I would do it, but I would have to exile myself if I failed, which I most likely would

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ickus wrote:
Im feeling for an ECCO RTS. yup. xD

An Ecco the dolphin mod?
I guess that I'm wrong, and it's likely to be Estimating the Circulation & Climate of the Ocean Laughing

Anyways an interesting TC would be a megaman (rockman) TC.
Or a Dune TC, though a new Dune RTS would be better Laughing

Daz
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gufu wrote:
What about having break dancing robot who says "I'm a mechanical man"?

This makes me wish the C&C soundtrack had music videos.
We need someone who's good at doing "the robot" to record themselves dancing to Target (Mechanical Man).

Back on topic I'd like to see a mod with British forces.
So I'm making one... #Tongue

Chaotic General
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I made a music video for Hells March, but I cant find the disk

anyways, I still thank a Metroid TC would be cool

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Haha. yes that would pwn, someone in a cardboard boxbot, I think the community should try to branch out into different creative realms, like Machinima.

We got Lego movies, and Killeratte's flashes, and Command and Comic, useful programs..XCC,shp builder,Voxel etc...and hopefully Open Source Movie maker. #Tongue

XD. and yes I totally meant Ecco the dolphin. I just imagined commanding swarms of the Vortex decimating legions of Atlanteans..and snack on a few Dolphins along the way. In an insanely colorful coral reef tileset. >_>

but hey estimating the ocean's currents/climate in a RTS platform could be just as fun too! #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [33 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum