Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:47 pm
All times are UTC + 0
My small mod
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject:  My small mod
Subject description: made out of pure boredom
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heres something I made during the last days. Nothing fency, but I would like to hear one or two opinions Wink

-Tiberium gives less money (50%), but it contains more cristalls (from 50 to 60) - you get less money, but the field will last a bit longer
-cranes can now build the basic defense buildings again
-random skins for zone troopers
-improved sniper team: replaced the spotter with a second sniper, making it way more usefull
-GDI Ox transposrts and Nod Carryalls have doubbled their health
-Armageddon bomber health is now 4000 instead of 600
-Disruption towers now cloak them self
-radar is move from construction yard to the command post, operations center and Nerve Center
-Secret shrines can heal Nod soldiers
-black hands cant be crushed (just like the other heavy infantrys)
-fixed a small graphic bug for the GDI harvester when unloading
-all 3 sides can build Walls
-Corrupters, Seeker, Planetary Assault Carrier & Devastator Warships take now more damage when attacked from behind/ the sides
-all MCVs cost 5000$
-removed directional armor from GDI MCV & Surveyor (Nod and Scrin didnt have this, why should GDI?)
-Scrin Seeker, upgraded Shock Trooper & Devastator Warships do less damage agains units (90%)
-changed flame tank damage bonus vs building (from 150% to 125%)
-removed all orca changes
-Sonic Emitter do less damage and have a highter reload time
-Nod Computer Counter Measures is now a Player Power^
-various fixes and balance changes

(the mod works only with high grafik settings)

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb291/StrangeGuyWithAGun/sshot0048.jpg

Chriz_Mod1.2.zip
 Description:
again updatet (although same version number duo lazyness)

Download
 Filename:  Chriz_Mod1.2.zip
 Filesize:  897.03 KB
 Downloaded:  520 Time(s)

Last edited by Stygs on Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:49 pm; edited 5 times in total

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the shark thing... looks like squad leader Smile

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think its more like a tiger or somethin, as his shoulderpads are orange (had to see duo housecolor).

In fact, these textures are taken drom the SDK, kinda strange that EA dindt use them Sad
btw, I updated the DL and fixed some bugs with theses skins....

Rebelmoon
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Chriz,

I made a gatling for the Orca as well, of course not as detailed as yours, but the problem I'm having is the gatling is floating unattached from the Orca. I've linked it to the Orca, and it's in the correct position in Max, but in game it floats just below and it bounces to the oposite direction to the Orca when hovering.

I've used this as a Generals model and it works correctly in that game but not in TW. Obviously I'm missing something, any ideas.

Thanks for any info.

Cheers,

Rebelmoon

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thats because TW air units have a lot of own animations (like hovering from side to side when standig in the air) while in ZH most of the movement anims were dynamicly generated by the locomotor setting.
I guess your new orca skelleton somehow didnt fit which the old animations :/
(thats one of the reasons I disableld them in my mod Wink )

The easyiest way for you would be to make the gattling an own model and attach it to the orca:

Make an second draw module and use "AttachToBoneInAnotherModule=" to attach it to a specific bone in the first one.

It allows me to have an animation for the cannon whichout touching the orca itself (so I can have an spinnig gattling).
I suggest you should do somethin similiar, just use an existing bone to attach you cannon so you dont need to reexport the orca.

Last edited by Stygs on Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm, never noticed that I dindt update this topic, so here the new version:

-Tiberium gives less money (50%), but it contains more cristalls (from 50 to 60)
-cranes can now build the basic defense buildings again
-random skins for zone troopers
-improved sniper team: replaced the spotter with a second sniper, making it way more usefull
-GDI Ox transposrts and Nod Carryalls have doubbled their health
-Disruption towers now cloak them self
-radar is move from construction yard to the command post, operations center and Nerve Center
-Secret shrines can heal Nod soldiers
-fixed a small graphic bug for the GDI harvester when unloading
-all 3 sides can build Walls
-Corrupters, Seeker, Planetary Assault Carrier & Devastator Warships take now more damage when attacked from behind/ the sides
-all MCVs cost 5000$
-removed directional armor from GDI MCV & Surveyor (Nod and Scrin didnt have this, why should GDI?)
-Scrin Seeker, upgraded Shock Trooper & Devastator Warships do less damage agains units (90%)
-changed flame tank damage bonus vs building (from 150% to 125%)
-removed all orca changes
-Sonic Emitter do less damage and have a highter reload time
-Nod Computer Counter Measures is now a Player Power^
-various fixes and balance changes

(I updated the download above)

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And the screenies disapear?

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thats because I removed the modified orca, so there was no need to post a picture of it - althrough, I found a solution to most of my "orca" problems...

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, incase anyone cares: I finally got my Gatling Orca to work like it was suposted.

It has working animations, different locomotor (making it slower and more "heavy")and uses its missiles ONLY agains vehicles and buildings...

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb291/StrangeGuyWithAGun/sshot0159.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb291/StrangeGuyWithAGun/sshot0160.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb291/StrangeGuyWithAGun/sshot0148.jpg
(notice the wings)

But has anyone an idea why I cant get my Firehawk to clean garrisoned buildings? I copied everything whicht seem to be needed for it, but it still wont work :/

Last edited by Stygs on Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total

bonzy_buddy
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"-various fixes and balance changes "
you should detail that.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
But has anyone an idea why I cant get my Firehawk to clean garrisoned buildings? I copied everything whicht seem to be needed for it, but it still wont work :/

Maybe you should copy the GDI Grenadier weapon, and change all things so it matches the Firehawk bomb, and don't delete any other lines you didn't change.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, brilliant work.

How did you get the Orca wings to fold down on landing?

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those wings are seprate mehses, so its quite easy. I rotated them at 45 degree and used it as an animation for being on the ground (ConditionsYes="LOCOMOTOR_TAXIING").

Luckily, TW is able to "create" animations on its own, so I dindt have to make transition states from "normal" to "fold" - the game moves the wings automaticlly in the right position.

And believe me, it looks very nice, when the wing unfold, the orca takes of and the partikle systems are aktvited Wink

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thats a very nice effect.

And some very nice changes over all, very nice idea.
You and I think alike, it would seem Wink.

Thanks for putting this up to play with.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mkay, I actually played it with a friend online, and I have to say I was a little disappointed.

Nod's too powerful, more so than they should be.
(3 stealth tanks took out 2 Sonic Cannons and a side of my base before I took them out with predators.)

Also, I was kinda disappointed at the lack of all the Orca modifications, with the exception of the speed, which did greatly affect the unit to an almost unusable status.
Even if it still had the modifications, I'd say the speed nerf was a bit too excessive.

Sorry, Chriz.

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm, I didnt know threre was any Orca change at all - 1.2 should have removed all modifications, as I couldnt fix some problems back then :/

Guess I forget to change the locomotor...

The sonic has basicly the same damage as it will in 1.9, just with a longer reload time.
Its meant as a defence against light units and unit spam.
I know its now kinda uselss versus tanks, thats the tradeof for having splash damage (and thats what GDIs tanks and guardian cannons are for Wink )

But belive me, 1.3 ist way more polished and way better - just need to finish the AI and translate the whole thing into english.

Last edited by Stygs on Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Moved to the finished Mod's section. I know a newer version was made, but this one works on its own too.

Admiral
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The big issue I have with this mod is that it does make NOD way overpowered.

Quote:
Sonic Emitter do less damage and have a highter reload time

New patch already did that.

Quote:

Because it's part of the GDI's military doctrine. Lots of armor so each unit can take extra punishment, but each unit is also slower than it would be without said armor. NOD's MCV is faster, and the Scrin's MCV can fly. There's logic to all this, trust me.

Quote:

Why in humanity's name does a NOD bomber get that much health? Nod's all about hit and run tactics, 6000 health is NOT reminiscent of hit and run tactics. That's reminiscent of stay still and eat bullets tactics Mad

Quote:

I can see this being alright, but really, the NOD is just not about protecting their soldiers - they don't have the giant battle suits of the zone troopers nor do they have the tough exoskeleton of the shock troopers. Vehicles can run over them because they're in kevlar and capes.

I like the idea of the gattling gun on the orca - I always felt GDI got trumped in it's air power as every other side got unlimited ammo, while the ORCA got a limited number of weak missiles.

You just really need to fix some major balance issues. Also, do a bit of research on each faction's military doctrine, so you can get a better idea on why each side has what weapons. There's a reason NOD stuff doesn't have that much armor, and there's a reason GDI's stuff has metric craptons of it.

Just some constructive criticism Smile

Golan
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Admiral wrote:
Quote:

Because it's part of the GDI's military doctrine. Lots of armor so each unit can take extra punishment, but each unit is also slower than it would be without said armor. NOD's MCV is faster, and the Scrin's MCV can fly. There's logic to all this, trust me.
Directional armor wasn´t a bonus, it was a malus. MCV and Surveyor received more damage when attacked from the side or from behind.

Admiral wrote:
Quote:

Why in humanity's name does a NOD bomber get that much health? Nod's all about hit and run tactics, 6000 health is NOT reminiscent of hit and run tactics. That's reminiscent of stay still and eat bullets tactics Mad
The Armageddon is Nod´s support power bomber, not a buildable unit. It can´t be microed, nor can it be used as hit and run. The 600 HP were an artifact back from the days when it was actually Venigos delivering the support powers, but nowadays 600HP for a 4k$ weapon is too little.

Admiral wrote:
Quote:

I can see this being alright, but really, the NOD is just not about protecting their soldiers - they don't have the giant battle suits of the zone troopers nor do they have the tough exoskeleton of the shock troopers. Vehicles can run over them because they're in kevlar and capes.
BHs armor is pretty close to power suits. Besides, it made tanks the most efficient counter, which are not supposed to fill this role.

Also please note that this version is heavily outdated. Tiberian Wars: Advanced Version 1.41 is the newest public version available. Thanks for your interest and feedback though. Wink

Last edited by Golan on Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Admiral wrote:

New patch already did that.

Mod was done waaaayyy before the patch

Admiral wrote:

No, theres no logic. EA patched all MCVs to have the same speed and health, only the directional armor is different.

Admiral wrote:

Its reminiscent of "If I spend 3000$ for a superweapon, it should be able to deal damage and no got killed by 1 stupid sam site"
The original TW bomber is just a reskined vertigo..., thats why I boosted them.

Admiral wrote:

Right, Black Hands are light armored and Zone Trooper are heavy armored troops.... I gues thats the reason that TW BLack Hands have MORE THAN TWICE THE HEALTH of a Zone Trooper & BIGGER SQUADS

Last edited by Stygs on Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Golan
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Beat you to it. #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon