Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 am
All times are UTC + 0
Small Predator Mod
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Rebelmoon
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject:  Small Predator Mod Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's a small mod I made as I learn the sdk. It adds the Rocket Pod upgrade to the Predator as seen in the pre-release builds & trailers.

To keep from making the Predator overpowered, I removed the railgun upgrade.

Upgraded at the Command Post.

While I've edited the string file for the descriptions, the upgrade button still uses the railgun graphic.

The only other change I can remember is the crane can build lower tier defenses.

Cheers,

Rebelmoon

Predator.jpg
 Description:
Predator w/Rocket Pod Upgrade
 Filesize:  275.5 KB
 Viewed:  12753 Time(s)

Predator.jpg

alphamod.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  alphamod.zip
 Filesize:  329.41 KB
 Downloaded:  1168 Time(s)

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the allowance of the crane allowing to build lower tier defences, a compromise I greatly agree with.

I also like your approach with the predator, giving it the missile upgrade, in place of the railgun.

But looking at those pictures, more and more I wonder if its possible to have a reloading animation, so the missiles are not present right after firing. I always hated that appearance.

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm pretty certain it is possible to have the missile disappear from the model when fired - as the GDI missile guy does this, doesn't he? however, the nod rocket militia doesn't....

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it is done via animation for the missiles guy....

Its was possible via ini-codes back in generals and I am pretty sure its also possible in TW via xml.
cavesyudepu claimed to have this feature for his orcas, but he never explained how he did it...

Rebelmoon
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, I've been trying to figure out that very idea. As Chriz said, cavesyudepu claims to have done it but other than pics, he hasn't been very helpful.

Cheers,

Rebelmoon

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rebelmoon, any other beta stuff left over in the files?

Rebelmoon
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carnotaurus wrote:
Rebelmoon, any other beta stuff left over in the files?

The only model from the pre-releases I know for sure that was actually still in the game but not used is the open-topped manned Pitbull. I was able to extract it prior to the sdk being released. The rocket-pod on the Predator & chaingun on the Orca were not which is why I made my own.

After the sdk was released I found the max files did include the rocket-pod. While the one I made is very close to the actual one from EA, I decided to use theirs in this mod just for absolute accuracy. The chaingun wasn't in their max files but Chriz has made a very cool animated chaingun for the Orca, much better than mine.

As far as every model in the sdk or what I can extract, I haven't looked at all of them so I can't say for sure if anything else is in there.

Cheers,

Rebelmoon

Gun Ship
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thats awesome how did you do it?

Rebelmoon
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gun Ship wrote:
Thats awesome how did you do it?

Thanks! Smile

All I did was separate by element the rocketpod from the turret supplied in the sdk, renamed it as an upgrade object. Added a firebone and exported it out as W3X. The rest was coding.

TBH, I cheated a bit. I renamed the rocketpod the same as the railgun mesh, deleted the original railgun mesh, then just changed the upgrade triggers to point to the new rocketpod upgrade. That last is important if you want to have seperate upgrades, if not, then when you research the railgun, the Predator gets the rocketpod at the same time. For example, my rocketpod upgrade is purchased separately at the Command Post. The railgun upgrade is still done at the Tech Center. There is more coding involved, of course, but that is the main points.

Cheers,

Rebelmoon

TSfan
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

does this mod work on low settings?

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TSfan wrote:
does this mod work on low settings?

Don't think so.

Anyway, Rebel, I've had a odd little problem, it seems to crash now and again, but seems random with your mod, on vanilla it doesn't...Then again, I might have not seen the object that generated the crash or so, but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with a impact on something or another.

I'd go peek at the code, but I'm not even sure I'd be able to understand what I'd be looking at in the first place. Laughing Either way its wonderful. Very Happy

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Moved. I have to say I did like this little mod. Was awesome for when you'd only get 1 or 2 changes per mod.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon