Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Red Alert 2 Archives
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject:  Red Alert 2 Archives Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome to the Red Alert 2 Archives. This section showcases many of the beta screenshots from Westwood back in April to September 2000. This material may surprise many people since the quality of some beta assets is actually much superior to the final release. Why these assets were removed is unknown to us, but we know that there are many modders who want to reproduce them in their mod.

One of them, BrianPrime, author of PreRA2 was the person who collected all this material from gaming sites and corporates to make this section become a reality. I hope it is useful for you and many other modders.

Contents:

-> April 2000 Teasers
-> E3 Showcase
-> Scrapped Logos and BoxArt
-> Icelan Public Beta
-> September 2000 Teasers (1/3)
-> September 2000 Teasers (2/3)
-> September 2000 Teasers (3/3)

Last edited by Banshee on Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heh, Beta... A word loved so much by the community. I wonder, planning a TS archive? TumSun is no more, so...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I need resources to make a TS archive. If you guys can send me them, I can do it once I get some free time. This Red Alert 2 section was supposed to be out more than a month ago. Prime gave me this stuff like... on mid august.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah ok, well i have a lot of TS stuff around my hard drive. SMIFFGIG has a lot... and you have the Platinum Edition...

Ill see what i can do Wink

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee thank you for take this time Smile

This is kickass Wink

bartpp7
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeh i'd also like to say thanks to banshee to bad they never ww never put in some of the cool stuff in the beta ,i wish that pre ra2 mod would hurry up and be released ,i also noticed alot i never seen before like how the drednoughts how they should of looked like

asvnix
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does anybody know if it possible to download Beta of Red Alert 2 today? Can somebody upload it to some storage?

Revolutionary
Commander

Location: Scotland, starting a Revolution Cameo: metricon. Posts:???

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The RA2 Beta (the official one by westwood) was never put up for download so (with the exception of mabe EA/WW staff/studios)no body has it.

if you mean mods that recreat the beta the only one i know is this http://www.moddb.com/mods/prera2
but brianprime stoped working on this mod.

(i am planning a RA2 Best of Beta mod but that will come after i have finnished my TS Best of Beta mod)

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wrong. BrianPrime himself has the official RA2 beta release.

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, sure he does Rolling Eyes

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, he sent a copy to Banshee. Or that's what he claimed...ah ztype...

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

he's got an icelan beta Sov disc IIRC.

Symphonic
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, I have the Icelan soviet disc.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No you dont.

Symphonic
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And how would you go about saying something stupid like that?

MT
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Perhaps if you referenced proof of your claim it may be more likely to be believed?

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Prime? No, he doesn't have one.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who gives a damn?

Symphonic
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really don't care if anyone believes me. They don't have to.

There's no evidence against me or for me, I came into this topic and stated a truth after there was speculation in the thread, and immediately people come and tell me I'm a big horrible evil liar?

I wouldn't waste the time or the energy to come back onto a forum I effectively vacated for 2 years and post a silly lie. I've been long detached from modding - I have no ego to inflate, or applause to desire.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol is that why you came back and posted that you have the IceLan soviet disc then? You're all sorts of fucked up in the head to contradict yourself.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, enough. People don't know when to stop fighting over ridiculous things, so I'm locking this topic.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon