Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:22 pm
All times are UTC + 0
BFME2
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Owen the Elf Jedi
Rocket Cyborg

Location: A ship going to the Ark so I can blow the crap out of the Covenant, WA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject:  BFME2
Subject description: It won't work on my system.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am running a video card with 32MB and as such BFME2 always crashes when I try to start a battle. Is there any way to make my system/game think it's running a 64MB card, so that I can actually play the game? I tried to Google it, but I didn't find anything.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe if you tell a little bit more (read as: a lot more) about your pc, we may be able to help you Wink

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: BFME2 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Owen the Elf Jedi wrote:
I am running a video card with 32MB and as such BFME2 always crashes when I try to start a battle. Is there any way to make my system/game think it's running a 64MB card, so that I can actually play the game? I tried to Google it, but I didn't find anything.

But the game cant be played on 32MB card O.o

Quote:
Operating system - windows xp
Processor- 1.6ghz (intel pentium 4/AMD Atlon)
Memory- 256 mb ram
Hard drive- 5.5gb
cd-dvd- 8 speed (collectors edition only i beleive)
Video card- 64MB (supported video cards: NVIDIA GeForce3 or greater[NVIDIA GeForce4 MX is not supported]. ATI RADDEON 8500 or greater. Laptop chipsets may work but are not supported.
Sound card- DirextX 9.0c (compatible)
DirectX- Version 9.0c (included)
Lan- Tcp/Ip compliant
Internet- 56.6kbps or greater (2 players)
'' ''- Broadband (3-8 players)
Inpute- Keyboard, mouse

Even EA official site say it to.(Official min spec for BFME II:)

Owen the Elf Jedi
Rocket Cyborg

Location: A ship going to the Ark so I can blow the crap out of the Covenant, WA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It can be "run", actually. The problem becomes that if your computer doesn't meet the minimum specs the game crashes when you try and start a battle.

512RAM
1133MHz (another problem, but one that's easier to work around)
71GB hard-drive
8x CD drive
No idea about my sound card.

friday-13th
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The only way to make it think it's runnig a 64MB card is to actually get one.You can't change system spcs of which is already in your comouter unless you manually change them,period.It's why we sell graphics card.Reason you can't find it on google cause there is no such thing lol.....Seriously,i've never even heard about that.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Styledatol
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mind you that 64mb is a requirement that will allow your game to run properly. But you'll probably have to play on minimum specs. 128mb+ will let you play without problems.

friday-13th
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^ Exactly.
Basicly,you're pretty out dated,cause the system spec for DX10 games are like 512MB.....You've got some problems up ahead now #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Owen the Elf Jedi
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Never mind. I installed it on my desktop.

Anyway, there are ways to increase memory for a card without changing the actual card, such as overclocking. I read about it after posting this, while researching buying a new video card. (I saw a note on one on Ebay, "never been overclocked", I looked it up and "Bingo!".)

Styledatol
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you have an old card with 32mb memory, over clocking won't help you much.
You'll need way more than 128mb video card. My brother has such card, and he can't run the game normally.

friday-13th
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^And again,overclocknig won't do much at all.

And,overclocknig isn't really recommned from a 32MB card.....There a reason why they said no overclock you know.

Owen the Elf Jedi
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This game pisses me off. My desktop has all the minimum requirements and then some, and it still crashes when I go to real-time. War of the Ring mode, Build a Hero, and all the Cutscenes work, but when I go to real-time/skirmish/campaign it crashes! My video card is Intel 82845G, which has the 64MB requirements, and it still won't work. A lot of people have this problem, and it's posted around on a lot of forums, yet EA has done nothing to help anyone. The demo works fine, BFME1 works fine, Generals works fine, C&C3 works fine, so apparently this is the only SAGE-engine game that has this problem. I'm officially pissed off at this game and its makers.

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Intel 82845G, I had trouble with the C&C3 demo with that onboard graphics card. Not that I actually intended on running C&C3 from it, but I was curious as to whether it'd do it.

Generally, I wouldn't go for an onboard graphics card when wanting to play a relatively recent game. Even if you got it to run, you'd be running at the very basics to get anything remotely smooth out of it.

Save up some money and get a nice nVidia or Radeon. The old DX9 cards are pretty cheap now.

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wouldn't recomend to buy nVidia Gf 7100 or lower, it sucks! I'd recomend 7600 or more. And only 7800++ need more video-ram than 256. If a card has to much ram, it'll slow it down Rolling Eyes

Owen the Elf Jedi
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How would it slow it down? Wouldn't more memory be helpful?

friday-13th
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have MUCh to learn man.The reason your game chrashes is because you have the MINIMUM requirments.Yes,you can run the game.Yes other other games work.But it's very obvious you can not run this game because of the requirments.EA is not responsible for your poor system specs.Intel graphics cards are not meant for games,It's an integrated card.

Dont't blame EA for your problem,EA has much more many things to do then handling with relativly small problems.You should have downloaded a demo before waisting your money........

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Owen the Elf Jedi wrote:
Anyway, there are ways to increase memory for a card without changing the actual card, such as overclocking.

If you have a shared video card, you can dedicate more memory for it by setting up the BIOS. But there is a max amount, depending on how old is your card and your BIOS. I think there are other programs that also allow you to share more RAM to your shared video, but I don't know about them (only heard from a friend).

Of course that shared cards are always horrible and if you can have a non-shared one, go ahead and grab some money to buy it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum