Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:36 am
All times are UTC + 0
RA2 Help - Error
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
fleego17
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have never seen that before, when i installed fa2 it was downloaded AND installed within 20 seconds and works fine, right up until the other day, i made a cliff front right at one corner of the map, i switched into framework mode and use the higher ground tool on 10x10 and this grey box kept poping up telling me to save the map there was an error, this still happens, any ideas anyone? it only happens when i try to heighten grounds! Sad

anyone??

fleego17
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

try seeing what it looks like in high resolution,before you do this dont panic, your screen will turn black background, but all you do is press the same buttons again to put it back to normal
press Alt+Shift+SysRq and click ok

SysRq is just above the Del button

once you do that see how FA2 looks then, if it doesnt do anything thing press Alt+Shift+SysRq again

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A couple of pointers;

Don't bump old topics, ie over a month or two old. (I've since split the topic), and don't double post. You can edit your previous posts.

I can't help as I'm not familiar with RA2 modding, but did you do heightened ground before with no issues, or is it only since you did that action, you've started to get these problems?

Any change of your system? Also what version of FA2 do you use?

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know this bug. look in the FA2YR folder, your map should be there... How to fix?
Open the map, do anything else than the thing that gave an errer (like place pavement or lover or something). Just don't do exactely like you did when you where given the error. The, after doing that, it works fine again (for some time(save often))
I don't know exactely what triggers the error, but it is more common in big maps (~120x120 and bigger)

With all that saied, make shure you use the latest version of FA2YR (1.02 I think)

fleego17
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

one of those replies was in aid of help from another guy who posted above it, and the other was my problem, i thought i posted it as a whole reply but i obviously didn't, my bad.
I can't see what this big issue is with bumping old topics, this is the only topic i can see that refers to having problems with FA2, so obviously i am going to post on it asking for help, hey, you don't ask then you don't get, simple as.
It is OK i got the problem solved. Wink

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Generally if the topic is over 2 months old only add if its really important. Over 6 months old, just make a new one.
Bumping per-se isn't so bad, providing there is a good reason behind it. But there have been problems before with users and bumping, so the rules have had to be enforced there.

fleego17
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh right, didn't know, I am new to the site! Smile

Sorry Muldrake (And anyone that bumping this forum annoyed)

Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon