Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:42 pm
All times are UTC + 0
PPM and PHPBB 3...
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject:  PPM and PHPBB 3...
Subject description: PHPBB 3 will be released soon, but he won't move to it in the same day.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you've visited phpBB.com recently, you may have noticed the countdown to the gold release, which should happen on this thrusday. I'm currently extremely busy with the upcomming physics test (as well as the numeric methods one and two homeworks)... in short, university is killing me and I'm not posting news because of that.

Anyway, few days after the release of phpBB3, I'll setup a test forum to see the beast working and... I'll have to wait for some kind of syndication mod, otherwise the frontpage won't work.

Anyway, I think we can expect PPM fully running with phpBB3 in the next year only... possibly on january, maybe later. For now, I won't give dates, but I'll keep you informed about the progress of this operation.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Keep focusing on school Banshee, the forum won't die because we don't switch to PHPBB 3 the day it is released Wink

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its... its true?

OH YEAH! BOOM! HEADSHOT!
Best news I've heard to this day, I eagerly anticepate!

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will it be new codes?

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It will be very similar to this: Sorry, my sql server died and I'm not fixing the phpbb3 forum for now.

Do not sign-up on that forum as there is no point in doing so, not yet anyways.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey everyone! I have no forgotten phpBB 3. I'm just waiting some mods to be more mature before thinking about a forum upgrade. I've noticed that most of the news syndication mods are still beta and that would screw the site up. So, patience is a virtue.

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Hey everyone! I have no forgotten phpBB 3. I'm just waiting some mods to be more mature before thinking about a forum upgrade. I've noticed that most of the news syndication mods are still beta and that would screw the site up. So, patience is a virtue.

we have all time in the world.

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or about 70-90 years? :p

Cann't wait, but don't rush it if you have to work with school! Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

School and university are distinct things here.

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol.

i dont see the need to hurry. ppm runs fine.

Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Waiting on mods is fine, but we seriously need a skin change, even if that means upgrading sooner than you'd like.

[quote="DCoder"]There is no sanity left in this thread.[/quote]

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kinda got used to this.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, Banshee. Relax, as Chiel said: "we have all time in the world.". PPM is running fine as it is right now, use your free times instead #Tongue We don't want you to fail anything XD

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah relax,take it easy.You are so busy that ithink you forgot how to sleep

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've installed a phpBB3 test forum and I'm still installing the mods there. I'll start skinning it once I'm done at adding mods. So far, I've installed:

-> Ajax Quick Edit
-> Quick Reply
-> Topic Rating
-> Enable last topic title
-> Forum Description on forum body

And also added the Youtube and googlevideo BB codes, although I'll still add ModDB and few others. Adding BBCodes with phpBB3 is very easy.

Now I'm waiting for the multiples descriptions mod to be available again (the author's site is offline and only old versions are mirrored in other places), I also need to install RSS and adapt some kind of portal.

In the end, I'll still need to adapt the converter in order to not miss some relevant data from the current forums which uses Categories Hierarchy mod (that isn't covered by any database converter for phpBB3).

In short, I have a long way ahead before get using the phpBB3 officialy and give the forums a proper skin (although the forums will only have one skin, since doing multiples skins requires a lot of effort every time I need to update the forums).

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!