Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:38 am
All times are UTC + 0
TFADW Patch 1.02
Moderators: j4m3sb0nd
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject:  TFADW Patch 1.02
Subject description: Patch after 1.01. Fixes some bugs/balancing/tweaks...
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is a patch which brings TFADW to version 1.02, Download here: http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/download.php?id=18887

It is important to note that you should only play version 1.02 with unit count 1, with no value above 1, or else you will get an internal error. This was changed so that each of the new sides could start off with one unit (being their own MCV), this balances each sides starting attributes and ensures that the new sides will always recieve their own MCV without extras.

RE-ITERATION: PLAY WITH UNIT COUNT 1 OR ELSE YOU WILL GET AN INTERNAL ERROR.

You should also leave bases and short game unchecked.

This patch fixes some key balancing issues, bugs, cuts down on some laggy attributes, and tweaks a few things. This was especially prioritised in the case of online play.

To install, simply unzip to your TFADW directory and overwrite previous files.

Change list:

- Unit count 1 enforced as to balance all sides starting units. Now extra sides (CABAL/Mutants) are assured to recieve their own MCV, as with GDI and Nod.

- Removed Orca Transport (due to locomotor bug).

- Mammoth Mk II strength from 800 to 940. Elite ability from ROF to Stronger. Mammoth Mk II unique elite weapon removed due to glitch.

- Mutant Reinforcements strength significantly lowered (before it could allow you to destroy entire bases). Minimum warriors from 8 to 5, maximum warrior from 14 to 8. Digging Fiend (renamed from tiberian fiend for the reinforcements version) veteran and elite abilities from Stronger to Self_Heal and Scatter. Mutant Ambush Commando veteran and elite abilities from Stronger and Firepower to Self_Heal and Faster.

- Chameleon Spy veteran ability from Faster to Self_Heal. This fixes the speed glitch from a promotion crate. The value of speed crates has also been reduced from 1.7 to 1.

- AI speed team delays (from hardest to easiest) from 2000, 2500, 3500 to 1000, 1500, 2500. This makes the AI create attack forces sooner.

- Veinhole Tree strength from 1000 to 4000.

- LGSparkSys particle system removed from C4 and Tiberium explosions. This removes the lag which occurred when a tiberium field was detonated.

- The Ion Cannon particle system has been modified (New one looks nice Wink). No longer causes an intense moment of lag as the particles dissipate.

- Mutant Mammoth Tank health from 700 to 640.

- CABAL Defender strength from 3000 to 6500 (Considering the pricetag, speed, late game).

- "That was left handed" comment removed from GDI Commando due to blip in sound file.

- Retributor Tank cannon from 40 damage to 35 damage.

- Delay of the AI in choosing enemy has been lowered.

- Various original TS animation coding errors have been fixed.

Remember, I am open to suggestions concerning this release. I am especially interested in if there is anything to improve upon balancing wise.

If you downloaded the .zip before the 18th December please redownload it again. Fixed a minor error.

TFADW102patch.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TFADW102patch.zip
 Filesize:  93.33 KB
 Downloaded:  7921 Time(s)

Last edited by j4m3sb0nd on Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:28 am; edited 2 times in total

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ORCACommander wrote:
I think it would be wise to edit in the contents of this thread
http://www.tiberiumweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1135&hl=

then you would get bragging rights for being the first mod to have those bugs fixed.

Quote:
- Various original TS animation coding errors have been fixed.

Exactly what I did. Although I left NAWEAP_AD out because I didn't like its animation.

Dreadlord
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, I didn't expect it to happen this millenium, but it's really good! (Although university is pressing me right now, I'm at the very beginning of exams session...)
I wish I could have some spare time to play good ol' ADW once more Smile

btw, did you fix/remove bugged scratching voice of CABAL/Nod Cyborg Commander?

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dreadlord wrote:
Wow, I didn't expect it to happen this millenium, but it's really good! (Although university is pressing me right now, I'm at the very beginning of exams session...)
I wish I could have some spare time to play good ol' ADW once more Smile

btw, did you fix/remove bugged scratching voice of CABAL/Nod Cyborg Commander?

Haha, I'm not sure that I expected it to happen this millenium either, and thankyou. Smile Good luck with your exams!

Ah, I still need to fix that actually, and tone down their volume too. While I removed the loud blotched noise of the GDI Commando, I hadn't quickly discovered the exact speech files of the Cyorgs which caused the audio to go all scratchy. If I make a future version of TFADW I'll probably recompile them into a mix uncorrupted, or comment the exact corrupt speeches out.

BUMBERLORD!!!!
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know this is old but, when I play GDI or NOD my MCV doesn't show up on screen... I'm really sorry that this is late
And is the mutant's structures supposed to be invisable?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think something's wrong with your game... I suggest a reinstalling of the game, patching it, and then installing the mod Wink

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LoafyMoofMoof wrote:
I know this is old but, when I play GDI or NOD my MCV doesn't show up on screen... I'm really sorry that this is late

Did you just install TFADW 1.02? If so I will say to you that version 1.02 is just a patch and not the full mod.

To install the mod properly install version 1.0 first, after you have installed 1.0 install the 1.01 patch, then patch it to 1.02. (am I correct?)

BUMBERLORD!!!!
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

THX much!!!!

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tore wrote:
LoafyMoofMoof wrote:

Did you just install TFADW 1.02? If so I will say to you that version 1.02 is just a patch and not the full mod.

To install the mod properly install version 1.0 first, after you have installed 1.0 install the 1.01 patch, then patch it to 1.02. (am I correct?)

You are correct. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon