:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
Do you want to advertise at Project Perfect Mod. Find out how to do it HERE.

The time now is Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:07 am
All times are UTC + 0
 Forum index » Other Projects » Released » Tiberian Sun Dusk
Imbalances Thread
Moderators: Judeau, Mortecha, Rico
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
Judeau
Commander


Joined: 28 Feb 2004

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject:   Imbalances Thread Reply with quote

Post any complaints regarding game balance here, explain your opinion with valid argumentation.
_________________
Micro TS
Portable, no campaign, movies or music, just the engine and needed resources for skirmish and lan.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account
Scythe
Medic


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Location: North America

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disc throwers range, seriously man i was on level 1 AI and they raped my 50 disciples from a cliff a mile away.

yes, i actually did have 50 disciples

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Skype Account
inzane krazy
General


Joined: 07 Nov 2006
Location: Sketchpad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obelisk of Harmony and the NOD carryall need to be put back, thats just unfair.... NOD cant get out of an island and build another base on another island without stealing a base facility....
_________________
Please, I DON'T read the signature rules of the forum.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Scythe
Medic


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Location: North America

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inzane krazy wrote:
Obelisk of Harmony and the NOD carryall need to be put back, thats just unfair.... NOD cant get out of an island and build another base on another island without stealing a base facility....


QFT, but i didn't like the harmony.

Judeau, the AI is impossible. beating level 1 ai is something to be proud of Confused

they tech up so fast, by the time i had a radar built they had a tech center and base defences everywhere

I even played on levels with easily defendable bases (tiberian garden redux) and i got raped by constant infantry rushes that lay waste to tanks and defences... the obelisk is also useless by the way.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Skype Account
Ordosherrscher
Commander


Joined: 20 Nov 2007
Location: Germany, Berlin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And something else. The AI is shit on ilands maps. They dont build a naval yard and everything they do is attacking with some planes. You only have to build some of these missle cruisers and the enemy has no chance...
And why the hell you determinated the rules for the obelisk? I mean, set the tech level on -1 and AiBuildThis=no would be enough, wouldn't it? So it would be easy to reactivate - like the Nod Carryall
_________________

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Skype Account
Judeau
Commander


Joined: 28 Feb 2004

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AI on island maps can't be helped
obelisks are less effective VS infantry, but it can beat 4 titans
make laser turrets for anti-infantry needs, and add some cyborgs and medics for good measure.

And the reason the nod carryall was removed ?
Nod has stealth and sub units, GDI has carryalls
this "balance" works fine on non-island maps, but on island maps GDI has a large advantage, so perhaps a Nod outpost ship could be in order.
_________________
Micro TS
Portable, no campaign, movies or music, just the engine and needed resources for skirmish and lan.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account
Scythe
Medic


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Location: North America

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordosherrscher wrote:
And something else. The AI is shit on ilands maps. They dont build a naval yard and everything they do is attacking with some planes. You only have to build some of these missle cruisers and the enemy has no chance...
And why the hell you determinated the rules for the obelisk? I mean, set the tech level on -1 and AiBuildThis=no would be enough, wouldn't it? So it would be easy to reactivate - like the Nod Carryall


yeah island maps are for online mainly
postjump

i would like to know why you took out so many things from previous versions

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Skype Account
Machine
Commander


Joined: 01 Feb 2007
Location: National Reference Laboratory for IPNV

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordosherrscher wrote:
And something else. The AI is shit on ilands maps. They dont build a naval yard and everything they do is attacking with some planes.

That can't be helped, as both naval yard tricks rely on making the naval yard and it's ships, belong to a different house than the house that the of player. And the AIs only produce units that belong to their own houses.
In other words, it would be like, if you were GDI, playing against a Nod AI. Have the AI capture one of your unit producing buildings, and then, the AI, starts producing GDI units, something which never happens (AFAIK).

Judeau wrote:
Nod outpost ship could be in order.

Maybe using the amphibious APC logic, right?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account
Elerium-155
Commander


Joined: 07 Mar 2005

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scythe wrote:
disc throwers range, seriously man i was on level 1 AI and they raped my 50 disciples from a cliff a mile away.

yes, i actually did have 50 disciples


Disciples are cannon fodder for Nod, they're simply fanatics, buy something better with your money as Disciples are used for anti-scout and as meatshields (They're $100, so $100x50= 5000 cr). Don't use them as primary base assaulters.

Back them up with Cyborgs who eat infantry for breakfast or Rocket Inf if you're going against tank armour.
insane krazy wrote:

Obelisk of Harmony and the NOD carryall need to be put back, thats just unfair.... NOD cant get out of an island and build another base on another island without stealing a base facility....

I think it should be sufficient enough to enable the Fist of Nod to be faster and capable of moving over water. That way you can set up a base and both sides are capable of island war.

Ordosherrscher wrote:

And something else. The AI is shit on ilands maps. They dont build a naval yard and everything they do is attacking with some planes. You only have to build some of these missle cruisers and the enemy has no chance...
And why the hell you determinated the rules for the obelisk? I mean, set the tech level on -1 and AiBuildThis=no would be enough, wouldn't it? So it would be easy to reactivate - like the Nod Carryall

The AI both get crapped if they start on islands. Westwood I'm afraid.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Account
bartpp7
Soldier


Joined: 01 Jun 2007

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOD is too over powered

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Judeau
Commander


Joined: 28 Feb 2004

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bartpp7 wrote:
NOD is too over powered


It can't be that hard to say what exactly is.
_________________
Micro TS
Portable, no campaign, movies or music, just the engine and needed resources for skirmish and lan.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account
Elerium-155
Commander


Joined: 07 Mar 2005

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bartpp7 wrote:
NOD is too over powered


As a Nod player I disagree.

Instead:


_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Account
Renegangsta
Cyborg Commando


Joined: 02 Aug 2007
Location: meh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what....the hell....is that! Confused no srsly wtf is that from?
_________________
With sadness in my heart and joy in my mind

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Equiredox
Rocket Infantry


Joined: 29 Jun 2005

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had to take a guess, I would say it's from sonic. That fat guy looks like robotnik (Dr. eggman).

And that other guy, beats me who he is, but I suggest he should see a dermatologist asap.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Skype Account
Scythe
Medic


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Location: North America

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elerium-155 wrote:
Scythe wrote:
disc throwers range, seriously man i was on level 1 AI and they raped my 50 disciples from a cliff a mile away.

yes, i actually did have 50 disciples


Disciples are cannon fodder for Nod, they're simply fanatics, buy something better with your money as Disciples are used for anti-scout and as meatshields (They're $100, so $100x50= 5000 cr). Don't use them as primary base assaulters.

Back them up with Cyborgs who eat infantry for breakfast or Rocket Inf if you're going against tank armour.
insane krazy wrote:

Obelisk of Harmony and the NOD carryall need to be put back, thats just unfair.... NOD cant get out of an island and build another base on another island without stealing a base facility....

I think it should be sufficient enough to enable the Fist of Nod to be faster and capable of moving over water. That way you can set up a base and both sides are capable of island war.

Ordosherrscher wrote:

And something else. The AI is shit on ilands maps. They dont build a naval yard and everything they do is attacking with some planes. You only have to build some of these missle cruisers and the enemy has no chance...
And why the hell you determinated the rules for the obelisk? I mean, set the tech level on -1 and AiBuildThis=no would be enough, wouldn't it? So it would be easy to reactivate - like the Nod Carryall

The AI both get crapped if they start on islands. Westwood I'm afraid.


The 50 disciples are a must in early games, the ai rushes you over and over with infantry. And the disc throwers RANGE was the problem.

The fist of nod can't climb cliffs, now can it?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Skype Account
Elerium-155
Commander


Joined: 07 Mar 2005

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renegangsta wrote:
what....the hell....is that! Confused no srsly wtf is that from?


Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, that's Dr Robotnik on the right and Warpnik on the left. Awesome cartoon before the massacre that was new generation Sonic.

Equiredox wrote:
If I had to take a guess, I would say it's from sonic. That fat guy looks like robotnik (Dr. eggman).

And that other guy, beats me who he is, but I suggest he should see a dermatologist asap.


Never Eggman. It's always Dr Robotnik because he's awesome, and Eggman is a bastardized version of Robotnik.

The other guy is Dr Robotnik's cousin Warpnik, who Robotnik says "Your doing it wrong you worthless wimp!" who keeps shooting and missing Sonic and Tails with the warp cannons in the background.

Quote:

The 50 disciples are a must in early games, the ai rushes you over and over with infantry. And the disc throwers RANGE was the problem.


Just rush to Radar don't bother with factories at the moment and make Cyborgs with Disciples along with a few Medics. Pop up one or two Lasers too.

If you want to go the factory route, try getting Mines, Buggies or Howitzers to deal with the infantry.

Eventually you'll get Harpies which will slaughter infantry units. Harpies are no longer like the crappy TS versions anymore.

Quote:

The fist of nod can't climb cliffs, now can it?


Er, the map makers fault. TS was never made for naval warfare but we're trying to implement it somewhat.
_________________

Last edited by Elerium-155 on Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:31 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Account
Ordosherrscher
Commander


Joined: 20 Nov 2007
Location: Germany, Berlin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elerium-155 wrote:
Eventually you'll get Harpies which will slaughter infantry units. Harpies are no longer like the crappy TS versions anymore.

That I saw. It got elite with one shoot! (okay, the reason was something what exploded, I suppose. Dunno what,I think these disc throwers. Why they made so much damage? After the shoot, the WF, the CY an the barrack was fucked!)

I like the iland maps, but I hate the fact, that nod can't get out of his iland. So, something that could go over water and can build a base on another iland. I personally would like the idea of a ship what could deploy to something like a nod water outpost. Same for GDI, naturally. Maybe also more water buildings? Like water mines, water defense,...? That could be interseting, I suppose. Also a kind of water atillery...? Only a idea... It would be a couple of work to do that (water power plant Laughing)
_________________

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Skype Account
Mortecha
Commander


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Island maps cant be helped as the TS ai cant handle such measures. Also condition yourselves to the TSD ai as it is intended to be mightly difficult. The ai like normal human players will give you no quarter.
_________________
www.vertprt.com
http://www.moddb.com/members/mortecha
http://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Other Projects » Released » Tiberian Sun Dusk
Jump to:  
Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group

Wildcard SSL Certificates
[ Time: 0.1358s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0053s) ][ Debug on ]