Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Missing Dropship Bay
Moderators: SMIFFGIG
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
RedScare
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject:  Missing Dropship Bay
Subject description: TS Retro
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've started playing TS again and downloaded the TS Retro mod a few days ago and I have to say its a damn good mod, nice work SMIFFGIG.

I like to ask what happened to the Dropship Bay because according to the site it was suppose to be available for the GDI side. The reason I'm asking because I was thinking the Dropship Bay will be the answer to the extremely powerful Pyramid of Nod and its ability.

What was the original concept for the Dropship Bay by the way? I was thinking it was going to give the GDI player the ability to call in a large strike force of elite units. Like the drop pod ability but much larger.

Any takers?

blubb
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starport like in the Dune series.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aye, the Dropship bay was going to be a superweapon structure, where you could call in mutant reinforcements-
there is even an unused icon with 3 mutants on it, and a "mutant commandos available" EVA voice.

It was either meant to be a counter to the unused ICBM "tactical nukes", or some other thing..
They didn't balance the dropship bay though by the time TS was supposed to be finished, so they ditched the Dropship bays, a long with a ton of other potentially cool stuff

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

blubb
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

errr mutants didn't had a lot to do with the mutants, the mutants were reinforcement specials on its own, dropship bays wee like starports ingame were you could buy simultaneously vehicles and stuff that comes after a short period of time with a dropship delivered to the bay.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

RedScare
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting.

So is there a way to unlock the reinforcement ability for the Dropship Bay? I managed to dig into the files and unlock the structure itself but not the ability. Has anyone done this already is can someone help me how to make a new superweapon ability like the drop pods except that forces are brought in by dropship as originally intended. If not I'll just have to make it into something where it unlocks the ability to train mutant commandos.

Which reminds me is there any cameos out there for missing units such as the mutants and the Tiberium fiend? If there are any out there I like to know where I can get them because I dont have the tools to make my own cameos. Many thanks to those who can help.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The dropship bay logic is missing from the game - it'll need someone with a lot of codig ability and a lot of time in order to recreate it..

As for missing cameos, art, and etc. download XCC mixer and open tibsun.mix.. You'll find a lot of cool stuff that wasn't in the game.
SMIFF implimented as much of the hidden stuff as he could in Retro, but not all of it functions properly (the reason why it's not used Wink )

The Team Black Index

RedScare
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well thats one idea shot to ribbons.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, The official dropship bay was of course not implemented due to balance and logic incompletion problems.

however, it could be used as an "alternate war factory" using the shipyard (see morpher's tutorial on shipyards) logic to call in very powerful units. build time is excessively long and expensive, but with some nifty coding i bet it could be pulled off and used somewhat effectively.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
RedScare
Combat Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I managed to make it where it can call in drop pods by making it into a threat rating node. So far it works but if I can get that to work surely I can make it do something else.

I'm trying to see how the drop pod ability works and see if i can mimic the coding only changing certian things like instead of drop pods it will spawn in dropships instead.

SuperWeapon=DropPodSpecial
IsThreatRatingNode=true

I just added those lines onto the Dropship Bay's lines. Has anyone else got this to work?

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I recall correctly, ETS allows vehicles to be spawned as drop pods..
If that's the case, you could make the drop pod superweapon only spawn 1 or 2 of these, then edit the drop pod image to look like an incoming dropship.. then the shp where the drop pod "fades" away, replace it with the image of a dropship taking off..

The Team Black Index

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After taking into account that the drop pod comes in at a speed far too fast for a drop ship?

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can edit that in this section
Code:

; droppod flight characteristics
DropPodWeapon=Vulcan2   ; weapon mounted on drop pod
DropPodHeight=2000      ; height above ground that drop pods appear at
DropPodSpeed=75         ; speed of drop pod's descent
DropPodAngle=0.79       ; angle of descent for drop pod [radians; .40=flat,1.18=steep]

The Team Black Index

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that would be cool, although I would like ETS to allow dropship logic to work, so that units could be transported inside them.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Carryall rushes are pretty hardcore, could you imagine a DROPSHIP RUSH? Surprised

The Team Black Index

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah. Although SAM will need upgrading XD

deathrider1991
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, it seems this thread has been dead for a month or so now, so im going to go and bring it back to life, and you may ask why, and the reason why is simple, is because, i have no life, and more than enough time on my hands. I do however have a request, well two, can someone tell me if Dune has any mods, or is able to be modded, and if it uses .ini files for modding such as Tiberian Sun. Also, one other thing, it they do, can someone get me a mod, just so i can take a look at the ini file, so maybe i can get to work, and make the bay turn like the star bay/port such as in the dune series. Also, I believe that certain superweapons in TS can help, such as the hunter Seeker and the Drop Pods, as well as the paradrop used in Red Alert II

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Which Dune game do you mean? Also, welcome to PPM Smile

deathrider1991
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Which ever one is closest to the release of Tiberian Sun. And thanks, and hopefully ill be able to make this work.

Alright, im going to make this into two projects.

Project A:
Using scripting from Red Alert 2, allow GDI to call in a dropship or orca transport, have not yet decided, and allow them to call in two titans, and three wolverines anywhere on the map, or somthing like that.

Project B: Allow GDI to create a drop ship bay to have created units put anywhere on the map...or somthing, i dunno, this one will be the harder one.\

****EDIT****

Anyone here any good at making SHPs?

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello, to any who remeber me.

There are three Dune strategy games made by Westwood, plus the original Dune game, NOT made by Westwoody:

Dune
Dune 2
Dune 2000
Emperor: Battle for Dune (It's 3D, biatchzingz!)

The first Dune game... well, I THINK it was like an RPG, or action & adventure hybrid- ahh, I dunno.

But that's not important.

Dune 2, is old, very old, (it was before the first C&C game), but not as old as Dune 1. Therefore, the game is probably free (hell, abandoned) ware. You might wanna Google it sometime, find a download link, download, and try it out. It's okay...

Dune 2000 is like a TC for RA1. It was basically a remake of Dune 2, with better graphics, music, sound, but NO ACTUAL PLAYER CONTROLLED ORNITHOPTERS!! Gawd, DAMMIT, that suxed... but it's still a decent, old school RTS game.

The above, is the game made just before TS was made. THIS, is probably the game you were posting about, deathrider1991.

It is a bitch to modify, Dune 2000. Yes, there are modding tools for it, such as TibEd, although most ppl on this forum HATE (and I mean... HAAAAATE!! Seriously, some ppl are completely disgusted with it, with admittedly some acceptable reasons. But still, it's not THAT bad, jesus. PPL gotta... just... calm, down...) TibEd. There are only about seven mods in exsistance for Dune, none of them TCs. They can be found at the following website:

www.dune2k.com

One of the best Dune fansites on the net, for both the novels and the games. Check it out.

The reason why Dune 2k is difficult to mod, is because it doesn't use .ini files, it doesn't have a rules.ini file. It is damn tough to mod this game beyond simple adjustments.

Emperor: Battle for Dune was Westwoody's last game, before they were brutally castrated and mutilated by EA... or was it second last? C&C Renegade might have been there last. Well, lets just say Renegade & Emperor, were poor old Westwoody's last games, before they got decapitated and put down by the evil EA EMPIRE. God damn son-of-a-bitch
EA, WHY? WHYYY!!?? You cruel, heartless ass whole... lol, whole.

That being said, RA3 kicks major ass!

Anyways, Emperor: Battle for Dune is a fully 3D RTS game. Unlike Dune 2000, Emperor is not a remake. It is a sequel, to Dune 2k. Unlike Dune 2000, it features pretty distinguished factions, diverse units. I've never played it... but I'd sure as hell like to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, this post has kinda gotten UNSTOPPABLE- er, out of hand. Let me sum things up.

Dune 2000 is hardcoded, and as such, tough to mod. INI files aren't used like they are in TS and RA1 & 2.

I think its tough to manually mod Dune 2k. Therefore, get TibEd (an editot for all things C&C, and Dune). Just DON'T TELL ANYBODY YOU GOT IT, though, as they will kill you...

I forget the link to their website, so just google it.

And remeber, for all things Dune, check out THIS website -

www.dune2k.com

I must say, though, that, I have no idea how Dune 2000 modding will help you with Tiberian Sun modding, as they use VERY different coding.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcom back, Domonic_Hunter Smile
And your info is correct, only 1 thing I'd like to add: Dune 2 is the beginning of RTS as we know it now. It's even more holy then TD #Tongue

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep, Dune 2 was the most well known first of it's kind, RTS game. It is sacred.

Good old Westwood...

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon