Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:46 am
All times are UTC + 0
Generals .ini
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject:  Generals .ini Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heres a quick question about modding Generals;

lets say I extract a .ini file from generals and edit. Can I just put this into the Generals directory for the changes to take place or do I have get it into a .big file? I searched google with no good results and there isn't that great of an abundance of tutorials here. I'm starting to want to move on from YR to a newer 3d game (which generals is still old, but I guess it's a gateway to C&C3). I'll try to start with generals where I started with Yuri, the .ini.

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes you can put them in their directory/folder instead of into a big file. Note that Generals use a directory hierarchy compared to the older C&C games:

An example (for Generals):
You want to edit Weapon.ini (for Generals) you must put it in "your Generals directory"\Data\Ini\

And if you want to edit LaserGeneral.ini (GeneralsZH) you must put it in "your Generals ZH directory"\Data\Ini\Object\
And if you want to edit Weapon.ini (GeneralsZH) you must put it in "your Generals ZH directory"\Data\Ini\

If those folders/directories dont exist you need to create them (just make a new folder/directory named "ini" and a new folder inside "ini" called "object" (do not include "" Laughing )

The same thing applies to new Art in Generals/GeneralsZH (like .W3d files (models) and textures) and that goes into the "Art" folder instead of the "Data" folder.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is good and thanks for the help. I'll be able to play around with stuff and "dabble".

Supoose if I wanted to mod a map, could I place the updated .ini in the same folder as the map, or is there another way to do this?

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you want to mod a map (like put special codes/and stuff for "JUST THAT SINGLE" map)

You have to put a file called map.ini together with that map in a directory inside:

My documents\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data\Maps

In map.ini you put all your codes. It does "NOT" have the same limitations as in C&C TibSun / Redalert2 where you only can put Rules.ini codes into the map. In C&C generals you can put any tupe of code into the Map.ini for that skirmish/multiplayer map.

example Laughing :

you can put this into a map:

Code:

AudioEvent ColonelBurtonVoiceModeTimedCharge
  Sounds = icolmta icolmtb   
  Control = random
  Volume = 90
  Type = ui voice player
  Limit = 1
End

CommandSet GLAScudStormCommandSet
  1 = Command_TomahawkStorm
  14 = Command_Sell
End

Object SupW_AmericaWarFactory
  Prerequisites
    Object = AirF_AmericaSupplyCenter
  End
End

end of example Laughing :

This is becaus each code segment declares where it goes in C&C generals.
(the example was from the GC_IronSide map)

Also the map.ini will get transfered to other players over internet so do not change the map.ini after its transfered or C&C Generals will report its incompitable if the other player has the old version. Instead make a copy of the map and put a new name on it like V2/Version2 or 2.0 instead Laughing and with your changed codes.

hope that helps Laughing (im sure it does)

/me goes back to modding a map for Unreal Tournament 99(Classic)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon