Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:47 pm
All times are UTC + 0
February 2010 Update
Moderators: Reaperrr, red_rebel
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject:  February 2010 Update Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright folks, you probably have noticed already so this won't come as a real suprise to you, but progress on RotD 3.0 has come more or less to a halt for now.

There are several reasons for that, most of them RL-related. I want you to know one thing though, this mod is not dead yet. I will work a little on it here and then, and you WILL get a new version of the mod this year. I just can't tell how many improvements and new features it will have, as that depends on several factors, and the only factor I have a bit of control over is how much time and especially motivation I can bring up, and tbh I'm currently running dry on them, so don't expect anything before later this year.
But as I said, you'll get at least version 2.8, as there's some stuff done already which I did not include in 2.7, so in a worst case scenario I'll just take 2.7, put those improvements in and release it as 2.8.

That's the worst-case scenario though, I still have hope that one of the exe-modding projects will bring some features that are useful for my plans of world domin- err, new features in ROTD, in that case you can expect some... well, unexpected things Very Happy

Stay tuned.

-Reaperrr

Last edited by Reaperrr on Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Only 23 months later, some progress finally #Tongue

This is what the changelog will probably look like, most of the stuff is already done.

Code:
Changelog compared to version 2.7

VISUALS:
- Fixed the problem that many building SHPs used a wrong compression which led to glitches when buildings "overlapped" with other buildings or units.
- Changed MP colors to TD multiplayer colors + "Sky Blue"[RA1 allied blue] & "Pink".
- tweaked animation palette for slightly better colors.
- GDI barracks now have an own build-up animation instead of using the RA2 one.
- water explosions now use RA1 animations.
- Grenade from grenadier is now properly animated.
- flamer and chem spray animations for directions NW, NE, E, SE, SW, and W were resized to better correspond with TS isometric perspective.
- New crate image based on the TD crate.
- now shows the TD dollar anim instead of TS dollar anim when collecting a money crate.
- The Gun Turret now has a damaged stage for both the turret and the base, instead of only for the base.
- Big blue Tiberium crystal was replaced with one of the Firestorm Tib Trees, because IMO the crystal is just ugly...
- color of blue tiberium was made brighter with a hint of teal.
- Placement grid is now more TD-ish.
- Implemented TD-style button art.
- Implemented TD-style font.
- Implemented new score screen.
- Several minor tweaks to buildings, buildup animations and vehicle voxels (too many and too minor to be worth being listed separately).
- Some other minor visual improvements I implemented long ago and therefore don't remember exactly.

SOUND:
- RotD now only uses the same death screams TD used. Unused TD death screams are no longer used in RotD as well.
- Mammoth Tank cannon now uses the same sound as in TD.
- now both versions of Act On Instinct, the PC version and the SEGA/PSX version, are available in the playlist.
- old music packs were replaced by a single, more complete music pack.

INI CODE:
- replaced old Nuke code with DTA Nuke code (damage not as high and random as before). Reload time was adjusted accordingly.
- speed of ballistic projectiles was reduced.
- Due to a misunderstanding, rate of fire of SSM launcher was too high. ROF should now be more in line with TD.
- Removed some minor differences between TD balancing and RotD 2.7 balancing. Balancing should now be even closer to the original C&C.
- Removed Veterancy from classic ROTD mode. This feature is now exclusive to Reaperrr's Rules.

OTHER STUFF:
- Fixed the problem that some TS maps couldn't be selected.
- RotD is now completely stand-alone, no TS needed.
- Included Understorms UDP patch for better network/internet compatibility.

NEW FEATURE:
- "Reaperrr's Rules": A separately selectable mode with significantly revamped balancing and some additional stuff that you'll have to figure out for yourself ;)

Also, as some sort of appetizers, the new button & font art, MP colors and MP scorescreen:

Last edited by Reaperrr on Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:17 am; edited 2 times in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great work, Reaperrr.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, alive!

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very good to see some progress after so long. I will have to download it and play it again.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice. Though I'd say the "blue" looks more like teal than true blue.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looking good!

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn, wish I had a flashy score screen like that Surprised

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Nice. Though I'd say the "blue" looks more like teal than true blue.

It actually is teal, I just didn't update the name string for the color yet #Tongue

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C&C1 has teal as "blue" anyway Smile

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just some short update, I'm in the middle of my exams right now which will last until Feb 4th, there will be no progress until after that date.

Release target for ROTD 2.8 is the end of February for now, though that could still change in either direction #Tongue

FekLeyrTarg
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reaperrr wrote:
Just some short update, I'm in the middle of my exams right now which will last until Feb 4th, there will be no progress until after that date.

Release target for ROTD 2.8 is the end of February for now, though that could still change in either direction #Tongue

Roger that.
Good luck with your exams. I know you can win them. Smile

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

new screenshot:

Speaks for itself, I think Wink

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What's this? #Tongue

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

penis of doom

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

raminator wrote:
penis of doom

and here I was hoping no one would notice. Dammit #Tongue

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know what it does, but it looks damn good. XD

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Instead of choosing between Tiberian Sun and Firestorm, you choose between RotD and RotD Reaperr's Rules.

Nice job, Reaperrr.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's obvious, but I wonder what Reaperrr's rules will include #Tongue

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

raminator wrote:
penis of doom

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Annnd...I just now noticed RoTD was alive again.
I really need to come around more often.

Welcome back Reaperrr!

So two rule sets now? This should be interesting. Razz

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

raminator wrote:
raminator wrote:
penis of doom

Quote:

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

Won't tell ya #Tongue
But not what rami suggested, don't worry Laughing

btw "vanilla" RotD is now "done" (not counting some quirks that might turn up during beta tests), only the new Rules need some more work. probability of a release this month is high.

FekLeyrTarg
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reaperrr wrote:
Quote:

Won't tell ya #Tongue
But not what rami suggested, don't worry Laughing

btw "vanilla" RotD is now "done" (not counting some quirks that might turn up during beta tests), only the new Rules need some more work. probability of a release this month is high.

Sounds good to me.

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The plan has changed somewhat. While testing, I came across several graphical aspects that I wasn't really satisfied with, and since graphical stuff improves the whole mod and not just 'normal' ROTD, I decided to deal with that first before working more on the new mode.

All I can say is that the changelog keeps growing and growing. Almost like tiberium Wink

This will likely delay the release a bit, though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon