Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:57 am
All times are UTC + 0
Might need mapping-help
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject:  Might need mapping-help Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is there anyone that would like to help me with this map? Nothing fansy needed, only FA2 1.02. No TX (comming) #Tongue

Small prew. From top center (NB: there is some things different from the minimap to the ingame Wink )

EDIT: updated the map.

iceworld.yrm
 Description:
Newest version 30 may 2008

Download
 Filename:  iceworld.yrm
 Filesize:  869.58 KB
 Downloaded:  201 Time(s)

Last edited by Dupl3xxx on Fri May 30, 2008 8:29 am; edited 2 times in total

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry the dubble post, but will there be a respose? A comment, a idea, critisisem, anything?

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Trees?

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok.The minimap makes me happy,but map lighting no!Try making it to look more daylight.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like he was going for a night effect, so I think the lighting looks fine. But like Gufu said, and it's weird that I'm agreeing with Gufu, even though its a snow map, it could definitely use some more trees. Also, not that your idea isn't good, I'd just reconsider the two bases placed in the middle, unless its a comp-stomp map? Bottom right is a little "blah" and could use some outpost or something to put a little something in the white mass of nothingness. Also, got any polar bears?

Rico
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yer, it looks awesome, but as already mentioned, need more trees, rocks etc, more nature, atm it looks artificial, love it otherwise Very Happy

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, YR map with nice lighting? Very good!

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First thing first. The map is at about 35% finnished. I first want to be shure the base of the map is good. That it feels good to play, and that you can attack each base from at least three points. Also, I want the map to have lightning. Some lightning might even be redone. I'll just have to see what fits. Also, I have a LOT of "bare cliffs" wich needs something, and that's where it is tricky.

The only place thats 85%++ finnished is topright in the preview. It is the startingpoint #1.

And one more thing: The map is made to give a human an added advantage over AI. The AI automaticly goes to the nearest ore/gems in cells. A human player would select the closest in time. AND, the AI is moast likely to attack from land, but this map features MANY landingzones for amphibius units.

And a last note, even though the map is big (150x250) it doesn't feel that big.

PS: Do you want to test my map? and help me add things to it?

@TSHyper: have a look at the base with suronding walls. Look hav good the lightning looks on the dark road. Then compare it to the snow. Then compar it to TS lighning. The avrage surfase of TS is 30-60% darker than the YR one. The problem isn't with the lightning technik itself, but with the tearrain in RA2/YR. I rest my case.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The lighting is beautiful, keep it that way! Smile

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great news! The basis shape of the map (cliffs and water and other "big features") is 90% done, only final tesing and tweaking left Very Happy Also, I will bring along a few more screenshots, and a download, if you want it, that is Smile

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*suggesting a move to RA2 mapping forum*
It looks nice, especially with the lightning. I like! Smile

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have put the latest version of the map up for download. (Top post) The reason is simple. I will now continue development with TX. Pleace not that the map isn't finnished. The upper left start and the cloasest surroundings is the "most" finnished part of the map, a long with the lower left one.

The things in this map that ARE done:
The basic layout is done. Some changes with tunnels might get implanted, but other than that, no big changes.
The starting-points might get moved, or get some plastic surgery Wink
The lightning is done, after some work, I got a nice cold and dark feel to it, that stands a bit out from the rest Very Happy

Please give me feedback on the feel of the map. And yes, threes will get added as the map gets more finnished Smile

EDIT: The map is somehow not working... I cann't get the game to show the starting points. Well, start 1-3 shows, but the rest is gone. I am alowed however to plase 7 players in total (1RI+6AI)
EDIT2: May I have a half pound of respons Laughing

Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The map is updated! I fixed a bug, and added a new startingpoint in the northeast. Also, some general changes on some things I didn't like. Minipad is outdated, same is the preview. I tested it in YR 1.001, no bugs at all!

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

whoa big map and u have filled it up! impressive! i would have given up quickly

Retired YR Player
Steam Account : MAS93
Xfire: msbiohazard

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's not full. There is less than 100 trees in the map! The inly thing that should be done by now is cliffs and most of the terrain. Lightning is being worked at Very Happy

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it is still impressive

Retired YR Player

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Dupl3xxx
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you Very Happy

BTW: check out this
Mod for the map! #Tongue

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

:O #Tongue

Retired YR Player

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon