Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:35 pm
All times are UTC + 0
SunAge v1.08 patch released!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
OwnAge
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject:  SunAge v1.08 patch released!
Subject description: Just thought I'd let you guys know. :D
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Press release! Hey guys, we're pretty excited at Vertex4 about our new v1.08 that was several months in the making. The multiplayer networking system has been completely recoded and this time much more stable, efficient and fun than before.

We've got a Multiplayer Event on 23rd Feb (this Saturday), check out the website for details.

You can grab a copy from, GamersGate, Direct2Drive or TotalGaming.net. Wink

Press Release --> http://www.lighthouse-interactive.com/index.php?nid=292&main=archive&type=

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haarlem, The Netherlands – February 19, 2008 – Leading publisher Lighthouse Interactive and Austrian developer Vertex 4 today released update 1.08 for SunAge, their sci-fi real-time strategy game for PC. The new update adds several new enhancements, an auto-updater, bug fixes and above all, new multiplayer features.

Roman Pneudl, CEO of Vertex4 said, “We are extremely pleased with this new update since it makes the gameplay experience even more enjoyable. Update 1.08 also includes an auto-updater, which enables the game to automatically check for future updates upon start-up. This will ensure that the user always plays the latest version of the game. We also managed to reduce network traffic by switching to the UDP protocol, which means lag free gaming regardless of router or firewall settings. No more fiddling with port forwarding! In addition, we added a multiplayer lobby feature, allowing SunAge players from all over the world to chat, setup or join servers from within the game.”

SunAge is the modern day answer for RTS fans who want the best possible overview of their troops, while trying to outsmart opponents in frantic battles where strategy and tactics are more important than ever. If you have been into real-time strategy games for a while, this will bring back the good old days!

Key features in update 1.08 include:

• Re-balancing of several in-game units, an added enhancement given community feedback
• Multiplayer game lobby with chat functionalities
• Master server and improved online functionalities
• Improved firewall support and “punch through”
• Auto-updater functionality (future patches or fixes will be downloaded automatically upon startup of the game).
• Heavily reduced network traffic; rework of the network protocol, now UDP

The complete list of new features included in upgrade 1.08, are available at the Lighthouse forums, as well as on www.sunage-the-game.com.

To download the update 1.08 (file size: 5 MB) visit:
- Strategy Informer
- www.worthplaying.com
- www.vertex4.com
- LHI public ftp

GAME SUMMARY

Earth is a desolate wasteland destroyed by the radiation and heat of the sun. Humankind, known as the Dome Confederacy, have been forced to retreat into shielded cities enduring constant attacks by the Raak-zun cult; a sect of religious outcasts who live outside the dome. An age long war has ensued as both races battle for the limited resources of the dying planet. Amidst the havoc, the gateway to a bold new planet is unlocked. Hope is on the horizon, but this Mecca is teeming with lethal Sentinel drones who will not hesitate to annihilate any life form that gets in their way.

FEATURES

3 Distinct Races - Human, Raak-zun and Sentinel - each with their own units, buildings, technological advantages and disadvantages.
Unique Upgrades - Alternate modes can be researched for all units, unlocking dual functionality for greater tactical depth.
Graphics - Stunning sci-fi environments from vast industrial cities and devastated wastelands, to a lush alien planet. While displaying rich graphical environments and visual effects, SunAge is very playable on lower spec PC’s and laptops.
Tactical Landscape - All units and their alternate modes are crucial to the overall strategy. Exploit weaknesses in the enemy’s network while strengthening your own connection lines.
Formations - Squad concept combined with long distance camera views allows a large number of units to be fighting onscreen with a clear overview of the battleground.
Singleplayer - 25 campaign maps with compelling plots for each race.
Multiplayer - LAN and Online – Classic multiplayer with focus on gathering4 different kinds of resources and outsmarting the opponent in battle. 10 maps created uniquely for multiplayer mode.
Command Queuing - Command your units to prone, build or attack where you want them and when you want them to do so.
Indirect Intelligent Targeting (IIT) - Order your units to focus on pre-selected targets.

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

CPU: 1,2 GHz Intel® Pentium® III or equivalent AMD® Athlon™ processor
RAM: 512 MB (1 GB Recommended for Windows® Vista™)
Video Card: 128 MB 3D accelerated video card
PC CD-ROM: 4x (or PC DVD-ROM drive)
Sound: DirectSound® compatible (Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ series sound card recommended)
Available Hard Disk Space: 1 GB
DirectX®: 9.0c compatible
Other: Mouse, Keyboard and Speakers
Multiplayer: LAN or 56K (or faster) Internet Connection

To find out more about SunAge, visit www.sunage-the-game.com.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you guys from Holland? Or does the producer come from that country (points at Haarlem, the Netherlands Wink)

OwnAge
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutch Publisher, indeed.

Vertex4 is actually Vienna-based (Austria) but we're a mixture of europeans. I'm british.

Smile

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yay, English own #Tongue

I still have yet to get of my ass and get this game, but thanks for the update Wink

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TSHyper wrote:
Yay, English own #Tongue

Dutch own too #Tongue
Anyways, I still dunno if I will get the game... I will decide after I have finished Kane's Wrath #Tongue

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there are no stores in America which even carry this game...doesnt even show up with search results on the following sites:

Circuit City
Best Buy
GameStop
Walmart (I got desperate)

Can you please send a boat over? I don't want to buy anything over the internets.

OwnAge
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not entirely sure which Stores you'll find it in, however...

Buying over the internet is a great way to get the game, usually for cheaper than in the stores.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000SKUHL4/

Amazon.com has proven itself to be a trustworthy online store, so you can grab a boxed copy from there.

Otherwise, you can buy it direct from Lighthouse Interactive US:
Buy SunAge from Lighthouse US

Or buy a digital distribution from the sites I listed at the top of my first post.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum