Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:02 am
All times are UTC + 0
What do cell tags do?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject:  What do cell tags do? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well i'm pretty sure this is in the right place sorry if it isn't. but onto the question!

What does a celltag do? it attaches like a tag to a specific cell according to fa2 but i still don't know how to use them can some1 give me an example on when and how to use the please

Retired YR Player
Steam Account : MAS93
Xfire: msbiohazard

Last edited by Biohazard on Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Open a mission map and observe? You attach a trigger to a celltag just like to a normal tag, and then the trigger fires when something enters the celltag.

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

k so u mean like for example i attach a animation trigger to a cell the trigger will fire when something like a tank goes over the cell

Retired YR Player

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes Razz

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SWEET! Very Happy i always wanted to know how to do that. but 1 more question....
does it work for ALL the possible triggers

Retired YR Player

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It works for all possible actions, but not all events rely on something happening in something that the tag is attached to. For example, event "Time Elapsed" as the only event on a cell tag makes not sense and there is no point placing such a tag. "Entered By..." however would make sense.

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh okay i get it and before i forget the cells have to be all around the area not on it correct?

Retired YR Player

wardeathfun
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

basicly the area you want the trigger to activate if a unit goes over it. mind you you can use triggers to activate triggers that activates action in elaspe time. the possibilities are limitless.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"entered by" is the only event I know works with cell tags..

are there any others?

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

John Galt
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Vertical Line Crossed, Horizontal Line Crossed, Zone Entered, Entered or Overflown By...

(I am citing DZ's guide, but I will inspect which of them actually work and which don't in a few days.)

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Perfect example is if you know about the giant ant missions.. when those scientists activate a dead zone or gas area that kills the ant when it enters this cell.

I recall it also being used to initiate base building for the AI for certain missions. also win triggers, like evac missions where a certain unit enters this cell and triggers the win..or lose event.

If you have RA1 and use some custom map tool that supports triggers etc. you can see how they used them.

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

either my fa2 is dumb or i taught myself that in order for a cell tag to work they have to be at a specific house like i tried making it for player A didnt work..... but then i made the house libya and huzzah it worked. so that normal? Question

Retired YR Player

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I've only ever seen it used in singleplayer missions.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

but ive seen them in multiplayer also like flyingz's campaign 1 map but then again it only works with korea and america

Retired YR Player

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The "Entered by" event (and most if not all other events as far as I know) doesn't accept <Player> and so is useless in multiplayer maps.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's not useless in multiplayer maps.. you'll see that in my next map Wink

The Team Black Index

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay, you can use "entered by anybody" so its not totally useless, but anything that requires a reaction that varies depending on the player that did it isn't possible unless you can guarantee the players all choose different countries.

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

grrr i hate the limitations on yuris revenge

Retired YR Player

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cant you pick. Multiplayer1-8.etc?

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

? u mean for the cell tags or in general?

Retired YR Player

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In TS you can't choose specific sides, but I think YR you can

The Team Black Index

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

In YR you can pick them, but they don't work for most (if not all) events and they can't be trigger owners either. It greatly limits what can be done in multi-player maps.

Last edited by Blade on Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol imagine that when a tank rolls into a area a nuke comes out of nowhere. no nah im not gonna do that

Retired YR Player

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blade wrote:
Quote:

In YR you can pick them, but they don't work for most (if not all) events and they can't be trigger owners either. It greatly limits what can be done in multi-player maps.

The only real significant feature that emerges <1> is the fact you can change house owner objects or destroy entire <1> player when a object is destroyed i.e. Assault mapping

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well i believe u can make some countries own triggers in a map or do u mean whole game wise?

Retired YR Player

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Countries can own triggers in both single and multiplayer maps, but on MP, what happens when a) no player is that country and b)two players are the same country? Not what you want to happen, thats for sure.

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea true like i have done it. i have added triggers that give u buildings when u start but when there is no player in the position it just stays neutral. hey since where are talking about this is there a way to make it so certain triggers wont fire if there is no player in the area?

Retired YR Player

skyboy
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i don't think so, but you can destroy everything that belongs to civ, you might be able to destroy buildings in that area that are civ with a few triggers. i'm not sure how to do that (if it's possible) nor can i test it since ra2 decided not to show me the menus (reinstall does nothing to fix this, nor wiping the files and registry entries)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon