Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:51 am
All times are UTC + 0
I got the renegade humvee into generals!
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject:  I got the renegade humvee into generals! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

problem is...well look

can anyone help me resize?

gdi hummer.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  141.19 KB
 Viewed:  3276 Time(s)

gdi hummer.png

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1)LOL
2)The pink color of doom... lives!

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh shit, watch out, that Ranger has a remote control HUMVEE at his disposal!

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You need to resize it with the Scale = command or just resize it in GMAX if you know how to do that (dont ask me Laughing I suck at GMAX)

I usually put Scale = 1.00 right above Geometry = BOX
(Default on Scale = is 1.0 so you need something really big, note that the Scale command also messes up the shadows if I remember correctly)

like this:
Code:
  Scale = 1.05
  Geometry = BOX
  GeometryMajorRadius = 32.0
  GeometryMinorRadius = 10.0
  GeometryHeight = 17.0
  GeometryIsSmall = No
  Shadow = SHADOW_VOLUME
  ShadowSizeX = 45

You also might want to check if there is any missing textures for that pink part (I use W3dview for that, that comes with RenegadePublicTools)

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks, I can scale the unit up now, but I have a couple of questions;
1)the humvee is like halfway in the ground, is there anyway to get it so that it is on top?
2)what does the geometryIsSmall tag do?
3)I noticed when I changed the geometry height to 0 and -2, the gun no longer shot anything, do you know the correlation?
4) and finally, the gun fire is still there when the thing is not shooting. Do you know how to stop this?

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. From what I know you need to fix the Hum Vee W3d file (cant be done by .ini code if im not mistaken) Its like when a voxel for TS/RA2 got the wrong offset and you need to fix the .hva file

2. Dont know (never touched it or worked with it)

3. Dont know (never touched it or worked with it)

4. You need to edit the firing stuff in the top ConditionState section for your humvee, its pretty advanced if you dont know what your doing (I know how to work myself around there almost Laughing ) You can check the name of the muzzle stuff in W3dview if I remember correctly.

DaFool why the heck are you starting with advanced stuff when you should start with beginner stuff like changing simple values Laughing
I recommend you step down a step to not adding new W3D files from other games like Renegade and stay with the ones that exists in Generals/ZH currently.

From the looks of it this stuff looks way too advanced for you

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, I kinda just jumped into it lol. I followed a couple tutorials and learned some of the basics, I can clone/add vehicles and sides, clone/add new buttons, so I thought; "whats next?". Well, I guess I'm still a newbie in this game. I;ve made the step into 3d and now I can't go back to YR. Thanks for the advice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon