Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:36 am
All times are UTC + 0
W3DM2ASE Tutorial
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TksSdo
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject:  W3DM2ASE Tutorial Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Convert the w3dm files into ase file, and open it in 3D Studio MAX

First, you need this program,  w3dm2ase

1) With the BIG Editor open DemoStreams.big from the "CnC 3 Demo" and extract the following files:
static_demo_common.bin
static_demo_common.emp
static_demo_common.manifest
static_demo_common.relo

2) Use the Bin Opener and open "static_demo_common.manifest" file and extract the .w3dm files from "W3D Mech" section:
Example: GUAPC.w3dm;
and the texture, from the "Texture" section:
Example: GUAPC.dds;

3) Use a Graphic Program to convert the *.dds file to *.tga (I recommend Deep Exploration for this)

4) Put the files (*.w3dm / *.tga)  in the w3dm2ase folder

5) Open the MS-DOS of your PC (Start-Programs-Accesories-System Simbol or MS-DOS)

6) Navigate to your w3dm2ase folder
Example:

7) And tip:

w3dm2ase -i  *.w3dm -o *.ase -t *.tga

Where * as the name of the file (to *.ase file, write any name)
Example:

press enter to create the *.ase file in the same folder
use Deep Exploration to open the file, and save it in *.3ds format,
and get it ready for usage.

Note: The .tga file is required for the .ase texture. Deep exploration transform the *.tga into *.bmp file
for *.3ds file

Key Words: #Tutorials #Modding #TiberiumWars #KanesWrath #RedAlert3 #TiberianTwilight #3dsMax #W3dm2ase #3DModels #Media 

Last edited by TksSdo on Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Xenoninja
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cool ^_^!

i gotta try this...but when i get 3ds Max Crying or Very sad

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mind giving us something that doesn't force us to buy extra 3d software for conversion to 3DS max models? I don't wanna pay about 2000 bucks to get Deep Exploration just so I can simply convert a few models from .ase to .3ds. Call me stupid, but I have better use for my money.

Besides, wouldn't it be easier to simply have it convert to .3ds directly instead of .ase? Or is it illegal, because the DE devs made a copyright on tools that convert anything to .3ds? (That would be simply crazy)

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex06 wrote:
Mind giving us something that doesn't force us to buy extra 3d software for conversion to 3DS max models? I don't wanna pay about 2000 bucks to get Deep Exploration just so I can simply convert a few models from .ase to .3ds. Call me stupid, but I have better use for my money.

Besides, wouldn't it be easier to simply have it convert to .3ds directly instead of .ase? Or is it illegal, because the DE devs made a copyright on tools that convert anything to .3ds? (That would be simply crazy)

just wait till it passes the giveaway of the day XD

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isn't there a quick, simple .ase to .3ds converter, or even a .w3dm to .3ds converter?

EDIT: Ok, can anyone convert for me the scorpion tank and slingshot from .w3dm to .3ds files? If you can convert animations for both units, that'd be really nice, too.

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex06 wrote:

Of course it would be easier - but as long as no one writes a new converter, there no other way than this :/

And this way sucks, since a) it wont work for me (cant import the new ase files) and b) you cant convert animations/bones and the models need a lot of work before you can use them for a mod :/

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

3D Object Converter can convert straight from .w3dm to .3ds (or like 99 other formats) and is only $50 compared with $2000 for Deep Exploration or whatever.

And there is no way to extract animation data out of the game.

-spelling edit-

Last edited by Mighty BOB! on Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

TksSdo
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Ok, can anyone convert for me the scorpion tank and slingshot from .w3dm to .3ds files? If you can convert animations for both units, that'd be really nice, too

Ok, this is the Slingshot, it is divide in 3 parts: Boddy, Turret and Barls.

Slingshot.rar
 Description:
Slingshot

Download
 Filename:  Slingshot.rar
 Filesize:  280 KB
 Downloaded:  720 Time(s)

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can use that Slingshot as well. Sweet. Any chance you can convert the dead TS titans and the Nod Scorpion Tank?

sweet sausages, dude.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had to edit some posts here. For those who do not understand why, please, look at this topic:
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1095

And, please, do not use PPM forums to talk about warez. It is not tolerated here. I'm not fan of this rule here, but I wanna keep this place free of any problems with any authority (the server is hosted on USA) and highly rated on Google and other search engines. I hope you understand.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Get a Russian host...

TksSdo
Medic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok sorry, is my fault #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon