Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:52 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Orca Bomber
Moderators: SMIFFGIG
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [63 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:55 am    Post subject:  Orca Bomber Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well I figure it's better to post it in here since you requested it SMIFF Wink anyway here is my first attempt at the BETA Orca Bomber.. Well i think it needs to be bigger.. And I think being artistic is great...

BTW the design was based on a render of orca bomber not from the Pre-TS screenshots

b1a.gif
 Description:
Pre-TS Orca Bomber
 Filesize:  18.24 KB
 Viewed:  44550 Time(s)

b1a.gif

b1.gif
 Description:
Pre-TS Orca Bomber
 Filesize:  16.7 KB
 Viewed:  44548 Time(s)

b1.gif

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make it bigger and it will be perfect, really good job, well done.

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, looks great. #Milti

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try to get it in same size as in this screenshot. Note that this Bomber has two cockpits and bombing bays.

orcb.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  35.76 KB
 Viewed:  44534 Time(s)

orcb.jpg

Last edited by SeaMan on Mon May 26, 2003 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
TerroR
General

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks awsum firestorm, did u make it in gmax?

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

very nice work firestorm, it looks like the one in the render

but could u make it look more like the one in the late beta screenie that SeaMan posted ??

This might help, its closer looking to the beta screenie but has a single cockpit

016.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  86.54 KB
 Viewed:  44528 Time(s)

016.jpg

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

damn double posted

Last edited by FireStorm on Mon May 26, 2003 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shocked w00t! mega bombs.... Cool

Thanx guys...
anyway I've made the current vxl bigger, and no TerroR i dont do 3D models, I wish I knew Razz anyway I'll give a go on the late beta bomber...

orcab2.gif
 Description:
Bye-bye
 Filesize:  22.55 KB
 Viewed:  44507 Time(s)

orcab2.gif

orcab1.gif
 Description:
Orca Bomber Showroom ;)
 Filesize:  17.97 KB
 Viewed:  44502 Time(s)

orcab1.gif

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Getting better.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FS, they look great, but I really think if you put a little extra time into detailing them they'd look even better. Look at Westwood's orca bomber, and try to vary the colors like they did... Or if you can't do that (cuz I know that's VERY hard) Just take the main color, and select the one above it, play with that one for a while, then select the one below it, and play with that one for a while.

The double-bomber would be AWESOME if you could make it.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah a double cockpit will be very very extra Very Happy

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how did u make it then firestorm?

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In Will's and VXLSE 1.7, yea I will detail it Smile not to worry.. BTW done the double cockpit bomber, not detailed yet though.. Oh and I did two versions, bombays open and closed..

bwo2.gif
 Description:
Double Cockpit, Bomb bays closed
 Filesize:  15.71 KB
 Viewed:  44475 Time(s)

bwo2.gif

bwo1.gif
 Description:
Bomb bays Closed
 Filesize:  15.6 KB
 Viewed:  44472 Time(s)

bwo1.gif

bbay2.gif
 Description:
Bomb Bays OPen Preview
 Filesize:  13.15 KB
 Viewed:  44470 Time(s)

bbay2.gif

bbay1.gif
 Description:
Orca Bomber with Bomb bays Open
 Filesize:  13.13 KB
 Viewed:  44467 Time(s)

bbay1.gif

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm... i don't really see any difference between bomb bays open and bomb bays closed..... but for the rest, the voxel is really great. Now try and detail it and it would be awesome!

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah perfect ! just need details Smile

I really like it

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FS, I love it, but it doesn't look that similar to westwood's double-bomber... Cheers for finally getting over your fear of areal units though. Wink

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol, yeah i think I'm getting the hang of this, well abt the 'Double Bomber' that's as close as I can get I think, i do have some parts off.. but oh well it still looks like a double bomber Cool

Anw here's the detailed version, IMO the undetailed looks better....

bshow.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  19.67 KB
 Viewed:  44560 Time(s)

bshow.gif

bmb2.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  43.74 KB
 Viewed:  44433 Time(s)

bmb2.gif

bmb1.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  44.13 KB
 Viewed:  44430 Time(s)

bmb1.gif

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looking very nice FS! I don't see how you could say the undetailed looks better, this latest batch of screenshots is amazing.

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That double cockpit 1 totaly ownz

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah !!!! amazing yakkkkk ! Very Happy

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

brilliant, i see you have done all 3 versions there

but why... i want to use them all now but there can only be one orca bomber Sad Razz

P.S. Ive posted a news item about it at Tiberium Studios

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice juob Firestorm! They all look great! But I seem to like the bottom right one in bshow.gif. Maybe after TSR comes out you can release them all in a packet....LOL

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I say you make a single bomber and a more powerful double bomber for GDI... Or, rather, a double bomber at the current strength of the bomber in TS and a single bomber that would be lighter and less powerful... It'd be a bit redundant, but at least you work em both in there and can still balance it out.

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or a new unit, kinda like the Kirov in RA2, slower, heavy, and only drops a single HE bomb, the ultimate base cracker.

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh geez.... Very Happy heh...thanx... well if SMIFF didnt ask me to make it in the first place it wouldnt have been possible, yeah I'll make them avail to public soon but after TSR is released... Or you can make the current Bomber as a anti-tank aircraft, well there is the Orca Fighter....LOL Razz

BTW expect updated version on the Double Bomber soon...

UPDATE: ok here's the updated ones, the differences are hard to spot but the cockpit are now a little closer to each other, the 'wing-span' are a bit longer..well that's basically it...Final Version of the Double Cockpit Orca Bomber

bmb3.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.94 KB
 Viewed:  44385 Time(s)

bmb3.gif

oldnew.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  15.07 KB
 Viewed:  44382 Time(s)

oldnew.gif

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow!

I think i can quite safely say it looks better than the one in the beta screenies Very Happy great work FS

P.S. Want another orca related task ?

Razz im at college at the mo but have more pics at home if u need them
thats of course if u want to do it Smile

u may want to use the current orca fighter as a base... or u may not

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shocked ohh... that sharky smile will be hard...

on second thought, just had a look at the current orca vxl, there's not much changes to apply accept for adding it's canopy screen and well juz cutting parts of the wings...well that's it

Last edited by FireStorm on Wed May 28, 2003 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It is not neccassary.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah don't work hard for it, it's good like that

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh but come on FS! The sharky smile would make it PERFECT! I think there's a way to make it look right, if you use the current orca as the base and DON'T re-size or re-scale it...

Or, is the orca already re-scaled? I remember you saying most of the units in TS were...

Heck, I might just make this one Very Happy. Perhaps a little friendly competition, FS? (not to be cocky, since you've been making them for so long, and I only just started)

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If it can help you, this all_in_one orca picture:

*some 3d render picture and art picture are made by westwood
*one is a abandonned picture of the old helipad (with four slot)

*and one (the bigger orca without background) is a unknow picture ... i don't know if it was made by westwood or it's a fan art concept or it's an abandonned concept of a old version of the orca bomber.

all_orca.jpg
 Description:
yep
 Filesize:  106.95 KB
 Viewed:  44354 Time(s)

all_orca.jpg

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So is there any good gesstamets of whene Retro will be released?

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My birthday? 29.7

Tratos
General

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I ment the latest version he is working on now. Sory If I was unclear.

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He just fininshed 1.2 so a long time till 1.3

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Which one will have these cool vxls in them?

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TerroR wrote:
He just fininshed 1.2 so a long time till 1.3

Wrong... it is 1.1.

1.2 is the version currently in works.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm this is such a hard decision

I think i may use the first one that Firestorm made

however ill probably make a voting poll soon to see what everyone else thinks

the double cockpit seems to bright ingame

however i love the detail of the first one, and the second one

:S
currently ill use the first until i see what the poll results are

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah a poll would be wise, oh and the double cockpit seems too bright ingame? but i use same colors scheme for the first two bombers, oh wtf.. I 'll definitely vote for the Double Cockpit #Tongue

http://www.tiberiumsun.com/tsr/

Damn...Tutorials Links Doesnt Works Anymore

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

??? How does it look bright in-game? In the screenshots it looks perfect!

The double-bomber is the one people know from the beta's, I think you should definitely use it...

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh i dunno too much choice there all so good #Mad

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

or we could make them different images to appear on specific maps(TSR maps) Like on this map you have the Double Bomber, you know what i mean...

Dragon Stein Cole
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm baaaaccck! And by the looks of it, i missed a LOT of very good stuff happening here!

Those voxels look stunning.

Congrats to you guys!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ahhhhhhhhhh cole finally you are back !!!

i have been waiting for you, where did you was ?

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Cole. I'm afraid I'm not familer with your name but the others seem to be, so I bid you welcome.

Dethro
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SWEETNESS Firestorm. If you are not going to use some of those voxels, you might want to release them to the public. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What I'm gonna say is not a joke:

But, Retro's ExpandXX.mix file will serve as expansion to many mods around, including PPM: FD...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, but..yeah i know it's not a joke Wink

PilotstroupF15E
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sorry to say this guys, but the current bomber rendition being used for FSR 1.2 looks way too chunky for my liking. I like how the concept art one looks, with the twin fan engines mounted behind the bomb bays and the extended boom tail, looks longer and more graceful. I do, however like they redo on the ORCA fighter, very nice and the tiger teeth grin came out great too!

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon