Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:59 am
All times are UTC + 0
Main Battle Tank
Moderators: Dutchygamer, Lt Albrecht
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [56 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject:  Main Battle Tank
Subject description: Designation:FV501
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Allied Main Battle Tank is based on a late GWWII Concept known as the M60, essentially an Improved Medium tank it never got further than the planning stage.

The Main battle tank is an upgrade of this original Proposal, it is armed with a rifled 105mm gun and a co-axial machinegun. The armour shrugs off small arms fire and light cannons and it's Engine allows it surprising manuverability for something so heavy.

MBT.png
 Description:
Main battle Tank
 Filesize:  145.57 KB
 Viewed:  19771 Time(s)

MBT.png

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's pretty "black/dark", but I think the design is great. Perhaps lower the barrel a bit.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok so:
a tad lighter and lower the barrel? Will do, thanks.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just a small Q: why are you posting Allied units with a Yuri scheme... Confused

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Camoflague, they're khaki in real life and in allied cuscenes, so why not stop making everything blue?

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think it's a bad idea. Blue is just navy (for street fights fits more grey, standard Allied is blue-grey) and khaki suits for open-area fights.

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, thanks. They're that colour IRL and very few armies do more streeght fighting than proper battle (only the israelis I think...)

Before you post a picture this bad boy is based in an Israeli-upgraded M48/60 (The turret is different but the concept is the same) called a Magach.

And I have a favour to ask... please PM me if you're feeling generous/have any free time or just want some good karma and a mention as a good modder.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the colours could be a bit lighter (Besides the remap), but other than that it looks good.

Have you got ExtraUnitLight down really low? Could be perhaps too low, but I would just mess around with values to see whats not too glowy or too dark.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Extraunitlight? whatever it is as standard it still is, I haven't toucched it. In fact where do I find that little chunk of code? Or is it a voxel setting (like the darken/lighten value)?
Dutchy edit: it's in the rulesmd.ini Wink Also, first mod edit #Tongue

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This will be updated tomorrow with a new turret etc.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: UPDATE Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

F*ck the new turret. New tank! Laughing

MBTs with A10 and APC.png
 Description:
yeah, there's an A10 in there...
 Filesize:  81.58 KB
 Viewed:  19478 Time(s)

MBTs with A10 and APC.png

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks good but personally I liked the other one better because it didn't look like an abrams. #Tongue

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ir's shifting towards abrams, the TD one was an MBT70/M48, Maybe I'll de-abrams it a bit. But not too much. A little alteration to the front and turret should do it.

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hot mama its awesome

nice A-10 btw

Retired YR Player
Steam Account : MAS93
Xfire: msbiohazard

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks. One problem, it's too american... The US doesn't become a world player until after RA2 and the decline of the Allied powers (which isn't as great as IRL, the UK, germany and france are still forces to recon with). Therefore everything must look more european. So I'll challenger/Centurion/leopard-ise it...

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wrong. RA1: Retaliation states that the Americans enter the war, hence why General Carville does all your briefings.

and so does the canon over at Planet CNC...

Last edited by EVA-251 on Tue May 27, 2008 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Apex
General

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not everyone goes off of the RA1 versoin of the game. Besides, its HIS story line Very Happy

EDIT: I mean the PS version...

Last edited by Apex on Tue May 27, 2008 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IIRC Albrecht is rewriting events after Ra1, and Retaliation is after Ra1.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RA1 was ok, some of the stuff after doesn't makes sense, The US would still be crippled by the depression, there's been no attack to kick them out of it and FDR would be dead/not president by now...

And how the hell was carville in the 50s and 70s?
And planetcnc.com Anyways, the US still gets it's glory days, it just squares up against Kane under the banner of the GDI instead of the soviets and NATO.

Apex
General

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whoops, I worded that last post wrong...

Maybe Carville time travels?(that scenerio would work in EA's eyes...)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It'd work in EA's eyes but not mine sonny. I'm going to get this storyline clear after I finish this GCSE Coursework.

I'm most likely going off the PC events, console ports should be considered non-canon, for instance all that fuss over the crashed orca because in the N64 version it's credited as a spaceship...

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rolling Eyes EA this EA that.

Definitely remove the Abrams look to it. The color looks fine.

And the tag that was mentioned before is

ExtraUnitGlow= 0.2

Find the ExtraXGlow= tags in the general section. It makes a difference. :3 I'd assume negative values work on it so you could make 'darker' units...but, yeah. 0.0 works fine.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
EA this EA that.

Nope, they can do what they want, I can do what I want, just bear this in mind, their canon has no effect on mine.
Games that are 'Canon' (subject to change):
TD
RA1 (possibly plus some Xpacks)

RA1, allied nations win, many "volunteers" from other nations, colonial powers still have colonies in theory, actually semi-independant countries as the importance of not appearing to be totalitarian like their enemy is important to reduce support for the communists.

US not involved except "volunteer" units, many US soldiers were honourably "discharged" from the US army and joined the allied nations, returning to the US after the war. They were commonly referred to as the "US army" by allied troops, possibly the source of the whole "General Carville" confusion. Officially the US never entered the war though as they didn't have enough men to defend themselves and aid the Allies this solution was settled on as acceptable.

MBT WIP, supposed to be doing coursework ATM...

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Enjoy, updates! Laughing
damn... I sense a new Sig Approaching, this so PWNs my current one...

Allied MBT new.png
 Description:
new one, slightly outdated
 Filesize:  76.56 KB
 Viewed:  19197 Time(s)

Allied MBT new.png

!DarkRose
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome work man cant wait to see more Razz

Silly taco fumbling unicorns nocturnally launch basketballs, Hell March.

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok well i see that when elite they get stars now........the barrel its bothering me. i think its too skinny. and add a little more remap #Tongue

Retired YR Player

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Destiny
President

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now stop complaining and fawn over the MBT! #Tongue

From what I can see, it's still too dark in many places...ah forget it..

More will be coming as we roll along.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
the barrel its bothering me. i think its too skinny. and add a little more remap #Tongue

I might make the barrel thicker, it is a 105mm after all not a 30mm...
But no more remap, there's some on each part and that's enough... And sorry about the stars, I'd just levelled a base.

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i dont mind the stars. and nice tank btw.

Retired YR Player

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, it's going through improvements but that's roughly how it will look.

Teufelhund1985
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's one great looking tank! Surprised

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its got a nice ass!...

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

L()KI wrote:
Its got a nice ass!...

Oh stop looking at it #Tongue

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I might post the newst versoin someti soon if I can fix the normals on the f***ing turret front...

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can see what you mean, the normals on the front angled turret don't look right. Using autonormals won't get you anywhere on fixing it; you gotta do by hand. It would be alot easier if you used TS autonormals and manually smooth the normals from there.

Test tank.PNG
 Description:
This tank took me only about 15-20 minutes to manually normalize. Ignore the colors as this voxel is long old and unused. ;)
 Filesize:  39.6 KB
 Viewed:  18404 Time(s)

Test tank.PNG

Quote:
Everybody knows a mod that doesn't update every ten seconds is dead.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Old Evolution! Very Happy

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I remember that baby from our MSN convo. THere's something screwey with the turret front... The bounds are ok, all that stuff is fine and I do use TS normals, would you mind taking a look for me please roaches?

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Send me the voxel and I'll patch it up for ya Smile

Quote:

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks Wink I'll PM you the RAR tomorrow.

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

BTW, never make the barrel separate from the turret because it never appears horizontally ingame so I suggest you designing the barrel along with the turret that way it looks straight along with the turret ingame and looks better. Its your choice if you want to this or not.

example:

barrel is not separate from the turret (recommended that you do this)

barrel is horizontal ingame

barrel is not horizontal ingame

Quote:

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

they both look very nice but mammoth tank barrel look too long IMO.

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just make the fireangle=0(artini)
then the barrel will be flat ingame....

Roaches
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I know that #Tongue tho its saves lots of space than having to manage 3 voxel files for a tank.

Quote:

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I guess...but some units need barrels, like artys and some missile units.

For missile tanks I preffer making the missile pods thmselves the barrel, so it moves up and down like the real thing.

But back on topic, the tanks entrances at the top of the turret need to be different, one is usually further back and smaller.(if you want realism). (someone mirrored I see)

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lt Albrecht wrote:
the TD one was an MBT70/M48.

The medium tank in C&C1 is more Abramish than those tanks. #Tongue

EVA-251 wrote:
Wrong. RA1: Retaliation states that the Americans enter the war.

Retaliation is just the Playstation port of aftermath & counterstrike + video brefings. In the PC version there is no mention of americans. #Tongue

Nice Medium Tank BTW

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have to disagree with Roaches - the barrel(s) add more believability to the tank, they make the vehicle appear more animated than it really is.

(Oh, and Albrecht, I won't be finishing that Backfire for some time. sorry.)

Oh, and nice tanks.

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Backfire, as in the Russian missile bomber?....I see Lt Alberecht.

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
In the PC version there is no mention of americans. #Tongue

Nice Medium Tank BTW

Alright, play the RA1 Allied campaign, and watch that ending cutscene. Those are American soldiers, there is no doubt about it. If you don't believe me, watch it yourself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnwKNynuqYw

As for barrels, I personally recommend a barrel voxel section for any unit that would have a barrel. Design it correctly, and it is a great addition to a vehicle.

For example. The barrel voxel fits the turret exactly.

Not only that, as Orac says, it makes the unit look a lot more convincing. That Mammy Roaches posted doesn't look too fierce because the barrels are pointing straight ahead. (and other cosmetic issues, not the subject here)

However, based on my own experiments with units, I would recommend you don't use a barrel for lobber artillery type units.

(wee, contributing to off-topicness)

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I AM THE GOD OF THE MOD.
MY BUMP IS LAW!
I'll be changeing fireangle= for this.
And EVA, have you ever heard of volunteers? Eagle squadron ring any bells?

MY BUMPS BE LAW.PNG
 Description:
lol
 Filesize:  79.87 KB
 Viewed:  18116 Time(s)

MY BUMPS BE LAW.PNG

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is what I call the TANK! Razz

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon