Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:10 am
All times are UTC + 0
My research shows...
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [81 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
TerroR
General

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject:  My research shows... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wanted to know what would happed if i gave the air defence weapons the EMP warehead. So i go ahead and find out and nothink happens to the units that is in the air, it just carrys on flying arround like normal. I was hopeing it would shut down and fall to the ground then blow up Confused

So i ask if any1 knows how to get EMP to work on air units?

ts.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  481.98 KB
 Viewed:  13227 Time(s)

ts.jpg

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EMP doesn't work on units that are not on the ground or subterranean. For example, also planes sitting on helipads are not affected by EMP.

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But yet they're effected by the ion storm...

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FinalMoon wrote:
But yet they're effected by the ion storm...
yes but isn't that something completely different? Ion storm ONLY hits air units.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and hover units ...

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
EMP doesn't work on units that are not on the ground or subterranean

Actually in Firestorm they added the cool feature that subterranean units MUST submerge and come to the ground when hit by EMP

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
Quote:
EMP doesn't work on units that are not on the ground or subterranean

Actually in Firestorm they added the cool feature that subterranean units MUST submerge and come to the ground when hit by EMP

Actualy that happens in TS also.

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

duh

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"EMP doesn't work on units that are not on the ground or subterranean"

That could be interpreted 2 different ways. EMP doesn't work on any units that aren't on the ground (as in, flying units) or units that are subterranean. (this wouldn't be true.

EMP doesn't work on any units that aren't either on the ground or subterranean.

THIS is the true interpretation.

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dvd ion storms also hits mm2's and more high tech units

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Turalyon wrote:
dvd ion storms also hits mm2's and more high tech units

How so?

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

are you sure ? explain please !

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

for example if i recall hover units cant move in ionstorms, but i am sure railguns dont shoot during ion storms

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

they do, why wouldn't they?

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what do you mean the railgun part? or the hovers?

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any weapon works fine during Ion Storms... Even the weapons of disabled units like Hover MLRS. I have no idea how you could come to think of this? Confused

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Obviously some weapons dont shoot in the storm since they hav a tag that disables the weapon during a storm

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
TerroR
General

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hellfire wrote:
Obviously some weapons dont shoot in the storm since they hav a tag that disables the weapon during a storm

name a weapon that doesn't work dureing iorn storms...

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just to clear your heads of all this jibberish and nonsense, these people are mistaken. All weapons work during ion storms. The only things that dont work during ion storms are flying units, hovering units, and radar. Even subterranean units work fine in an ion storm. All superweapons fire correctly during ion storms as well.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT before you go proclaiming them on these boards!

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No need to get all bossy FM

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was pretty sure that some energy weps went out. Maybe I dreamed it up or somethin but who knows I just figured that some went out because they had the Tag (but that doesn't say much cause WW has done some wierd stuff with there games.)

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for lashing out, I was in a bad mood.

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So is it possible to have a plane be shot by the SAM site missiles then have it fall to the ground as if it got hit by the firewall?

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eh i thought all planes in TS do that, got shot, died, tumble to the ground... Confused

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, When there hit by firstorm it's dfferent, test it if u don't beleve me.

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Come on try it out make a map with infinite firestorm and build a mm2 *sigh* and post a screenie if it does fire

The DvD

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Turalyon wrote:
Come on try it out make a map with infinite firestorm and build a mm2 *sigh* and post a screenie if it does fire
You mean infinite ion storm??? we don't need to make a map like that... just run a map like Storms or Stormy Valley or Casey's Canyon on original TS... and you shall see the MMKII's weapon works perfectly

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Turalyon wrote:

Turalyon, surely you don't think that you know more about TS than all of us combined. Take a little dose of humility, it will last you a long way. Whether you're sure or not that this happens, don't be proclaiming it from the mountaintops. If you are right, we'll all bown down to you and embrace you as the new modding master. But I don't think you are... sorry.

And why should we waste our time taking a screenshot? You want to prove it, you go take the screenie. We have more important things to do.

Btw, I'm not lashing out again. That was all typed very calmly.

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd love to prove it if my TS would work

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

uhm your ts works

see the uppest post:
guess you can't take it that you are wrong

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Turalyon wrote:
uhm your ts works

NOT IT DOESN'T Mad

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok heres a Screenshot i just took in a storm, and to prove it's in a storm look at the Hover Tank, it's pinned to the ground but it can still shoot.

(btw i got ts working)

ts.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  440.77 KB
 Viewed:  13073 Time(s)

ts.jpg

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thats what i meant you mor*** and the mammy cant shoot ok that was wrong i guess it was unable to shoot in a diffrent version or i had to have a nightmare Wink

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Turalyon wrote:
thats what i meant you mor*** and the mammy cant shoot ok that was wrong i guess it was unable to shoot in a diffrent version or i had to have a nightmare Wink

excuses, excuses Laughing

an watch who your callign a mor*** Exclamation

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TerroR wrote:
No, When there hit by firstorm it's dfferent, test it if u don't beleve me.

right, forgive me but i'm getting confused, hit by an Ion Storm or Firestorm Defense?

What different stuff? i mean just explain in words Smile

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hit by ion storm + firestorm is the same, but when hit by a SAM site misile it dies differently.

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actualy you can stop weapons from fireing during ion storms by adding

IonSensitive = Shuts down during an ion storm (def=no)?

To the Weapon Statistics.

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry for calling you a mor*** terror but i swore that the rail gun didn't work in ion storms

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Turalyon wrote:
sorry for calling you a mor*** terror but i swore that the rail gun didn't work in ion storms

np, it must of not worked in a different version.

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thank you for accepting my apoligy

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TerroR wrote:
Actualy you can stop weapons from fireing during ion storms by adding

IonSensitive = Shuts down during an ion storm (def=no)?

To the Weapon Statistics.

This opens up some new possibilities... forexample long range MLRS weapons should, from a realistic point of view, not be able to fire because the missile's guidance system get's confused because of the electric/ion interference...

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how? u cant disable 2nd wep when the 1st is online
and if u let them both online i think it will shoot 4 missile if it is close enough

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Turalyon wrote:
how? u cant disable 2nd wep when the 1st is online
and if u let them both online i think it will shoot 4 missile if it is close enough

I have no idea what you mean...

But i was just talking about missiles in general... I mean imagine a Patriot missile Defense system... it's missiles should be negatively influenced by bad wether, right? And the Ion Storm is the ULTIMATE form of bad wether Twisted Evil

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well i was going to fast, how do you plan to do it?

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, and I'm not saying there's any possibility that the railgun shuts down in an ion storm, but... that picture COULD be of the ghost stalker shooting the HMECH... o_O

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm.. TerroR i think you had a nitemare or something abt planes died differently when hit my FS/Ion Storm than regular SAMs #Tongue ...weird they just tumble...

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Originally posted by Terror
Quote:
Hit by ion storm + firestorm is the same, but when hit by a SAM site misile it dies differently

This is wrong
All aircraft tumble to the ground when shot down (could be partly related to parachuting pilot not working)

anyway
If shot down by SAM site there is an explosion and the aircraft tumbles to the ground

If hit by firestorm exact same happens but a small red anim of the firestorm plays and the aircraft tumbles to the ground

Ion storm exact same again (obviously without firestorm anim)

in all in all circumstances aircraft always die in the same way no matter what Wink

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FinalMoon wrote:
Actually, and I'm not saying there's any possibility that the railgun shuts down in an ion storm, but... that picture COULD be of the ghost stalker shooting the HMECH... o_O

Take a look in rules.ini and c if IonSensitive is used in any of the weapons

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it isn't used at least not in v 2.03

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I guess the next thing to do is to put it in and see if it does effect anything. God forbid it might be one of those tags that WW put in that doesn't actually do anything Rolling Eyes

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon