Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:36 am
All times are UTC + 0
Hot Job! "INI codder" [AI]
Moderators: Holy_Master
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject:  Hot Job! "INI codder" [AI] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i need ppl to help me about codding ROS to add sub faction.

if who interest please contect me.

please hurry because i cant wait to finish my mod. Very Happy

--------------change -------------------

Ok,it already done.. now i need AI codder!!!!

Last edited by Holy_Master on Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm... I know how to INI code, I even added one (Sadly v.v) sub-faction for RA2. If it's a new side you want me doing, I can't without the required sidecXX.mix files D= But I can add sub-factions =3 It just takes me a while to get them added correctly. Feel free to let me help with that part, I'll get you the resaults as fast I can.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i try to add subfaction by using "country" logic.but i'm not sure it possible to give different MCV per faction.

and i need codder help me to remove other Ra2 side,that's all. Smile

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm... I know you cna basically add a new side through the country logic, which is how I added my subfaction for testing purposes. Sadly, it's only one MCV per side, but each sub-faction (In my theory from what I read) can basically be a differnt side that shares the construction yard and MCV of the faction the sub-faction is in.

As for removing, can't exactly help with that, unless you edit the part of the ini files that lets the AI decide which country to use. Atleast I think it's possible to remove a side that way.

Back to the MCV thing, I'm pretty sure you can't have it per sub-faction (Like eight differnt MCVs =O) but the sub-factions can seem like a new side that shares the Construction yard and MCV of the owning side.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dude, it's really easy to give the other sides a new MCV.

Under [General], there will be a tag "BaseUnit=", this has all the MCVs that are used in the game. Add as many as you want.

Now, once you have added all you MCVs in their proper places (easiest just to c/p one mcv first), decide which countries you want to have which MCVs. All you have to do is add the names of those Countries in the "Owner=" tag, and presto, you're done. (Just make sure you only have each country under an Owner tage once).

For removing the RA2 subfactions, I would assume you just remove them from the [Countries] list, and just move the ones at the bottom up the appropiate number.

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool wrote:
For removing the RA2 subfactions, I would assume you just remove them from the [Countries] list, and just move the ones at the bottom up the appropiate number.

That crashes the game. It even tells you in the comments, DO NOT REORDER the house list.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good eye

[Arabs]
UIName=Name:Arabs
Name=Arab Union
Suffix=Soviet
Prefix=B
Color=DarkRed
Multiplay=yes
Side=Nod
SmartAI=yes
;VeteranUnits=HTNK
;IncomeMult=1.2

above is a country entry. Now is it safe to assume you would just change "Multiplay=yes" to "Multiplay=no"?

NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dont understand what you need help with.
But if you want to remove a country, simply put MultiplayPassive=true to the country, do that to YuriCountry and they are gone.
Diffrence MCV for same sides is easy to. Just play with the Owner= tag
I am good at sides and can be your man if u want...

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i remove unuse country already.

now i'll try on MCV.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok. now i successful to make 2 country have different Conyard [and mcv] and they even have different power plant! Very Happy

Legion Of Steel Conyard [ Mech Faction ]

T.E.R.R.A Conyard [ Tank Faction ]

too bad if you use engineer capture conyard from another country you will not have their unit because i use "RequiredHouses" tag,then it will show all unit in each buildlist. Sad

Apex
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heres a long work around, give each house its own copy of all the buildings/units with the right prerequistes. That should fix it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice work in the pictures, looks very nice. Nice to se you working on ROS again Very Happy
Next time use PNG instead of blury JPEG.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Apex is right, although for some basic units (that only require one building) you should use the "PrerequisiteOverride=" instead, thus letting you have one unit being able to be built once you have either structre (you can have as many builingds in the prerequisite override).

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NewGuy wrote:
But if you want to remove a country, simply put MultiplayPassive=true to the country

That only removes the country from the list. Choosing "Random ???" as your side is still able to choose the house that is not listed. There's a reason RP/NP added a fix to limit which houses are chosen by the random selection.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NewGuy wrote:
Nice work in the pictures, looks very nice. Nice to se you working on ROS again Very Happy
Next time use PNG instead of blury JPEG.

i use jpg because those pic size is too big in png [nearly 1mb].

and "PrerequisiteOverride=" doesnt work. all gdi unit still applier on each country if i use this tag.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, from what I understand, you have lets say the British Sniper can only be built for the british, but if you capture the britsih barracks, you can build it. So what you would do is:

[BritishBarracks]

[Sniper]
Prerequisite=BritishBarracks

[GIandOthers]
Prerequiste=GAPILE
PrerequisiteOverride=BritishBarracks

Now both the normal Allies and the british can build GIs from their barracks, while only the someone possessing a british barracks can build a sniper.

Also, I don't think new MCVs deploy on their own (idk about the .exe patches though). A trick that is used is to give the mcv a weapon (usually a very very long range) that forces it to deploy to fire. So immeditaly when the game starts the mcv will target something, try to shoot, and deploy into a con yard. I'm uncertain if the AI will build or not (they don't in mod maps.... but maybe you can fix that with the aimd.ini)

NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Am I the only one that think Mech Factions Construction Yard dont fit with the other GDI buildings?(Tank Factions is awsome)
Its to big and dont fitt with the others IMO. But the model is good.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Ok, from what I understand, you have lets say the British Sniper can only be built for the british, but if you capture the britsih barracks, you can build it. So what you would do is:

[BritishBarracks]

[Sniper]
Prerequisite=BritishBarracks

[GIandOthers]
Prerequiste=GAPILE
PrerequisiteOverride=BritishBarracks

Now both the normal Allies and the british can build GIs from their barracks, while only the someone possessing a british barracks can build a sniper.

Also, I don't think new MCVs deploy on their own (idk about the .exe patches though). A trick that is used is to give the mcv a weapon (usually a very very long range) that forces it to deploy to fire. So immeditaly when the game starts the mcv will target something, try to shoot, and deploy into a con yard. I'm uncertain if the AI will build or not (they don't in mod maps.... but maybe you can fix that with the aimd.ini)

Simply put, no. The sniper simply has owner as all allied countries and "requiredhouses=british" I think that should do it, however I must chech for other code, but that's all I remember, no cloned barracks or anything.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another way:

Code:
ForbiddenHouses=Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs,YuriCountry

There was graphical mod somewhere which allows you built just units in your side colors.

This tag disallow one unit for countries in the list.
Wink

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That does what holy_master is trying to avoid. It's from the capture pack BTW.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lt Albrecht, what I *think* he wants to do, is have subfactions that can build thier units, and when you capture their buildings you can build their units. If you have the required houses tag, then only the owner country can build it. period. Capturing their buildings does not allow you to build their units.

"too bad if you use engineer capture conyard from another country you will not have their unit because i use "RequiredHouses" tag,then it will show all unit in each buildlist."-Holy_Master

using cloned buildings/prerequisite Override allows for being able to build another dude's units once you capture his buildings.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can build snipers if you capture a UK barracks can't you? And you can build black eagles if you get a korean AFC HQ?

It works, try it.

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually no, from what I know of, you can't get a sides special unit by just capturing their buildings. The only structure that can allow that is the Tech Secret Lab in Yuri's Revenge, that'll give you a random pick of the special side units in it's list, which include the British Sniper, German Tank Destroyer, Korean Black Eagle, French Grand Cannon, Lybian Demo Truck, Russian Tesla Tank and the Iraqi Desolator. Unless you take away the required house tag, only the owner country can build their own special unit, or if you capture the Tech Secret Lab, which may even give you your own unit as your prize for capturing it. So if what Holy_Master is trying to do, make it so you can only build your units and no other side's units, I'd use the RequiredHouses= tag. There's my theory and possible idea, but those are my thoughts on this.

And for what DaFool said, he is pretty much, 100% correct to my mind. PrerequisiteOverride= tag and the cloned buildings will make it so that if you capture that building, you can build what ever it'll allow as long as you have the proper buildings captured or built for certian units. So I'm agreeing with DaFool, and my own theory; depending on what Holy_Master is trying to do.

Maybe Holy_Master should put in special units for if you have two differnt sides buildings, you get a special unit that uses both side's tech. Just a thought as well. ^_^

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or if hes only having 2 sides (GDI + Nod) why not utilise the 4th faction logic, and make each subfaction just another whole faction. Nobody will ever know. NPatch even supports more factions I believe.

Anyway yeah... you gotta reorder the [Countries] list to properly remove countries, else Random will always pick the wrong ones. I guess you did this though.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Or if hes only having 2 sides (GDI + Nod) why not utilise the 4th faction logic.

because i dont know when i change my mind to make more another side [Cabal for example].

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Anyway yeah... you gotta reorder the [Countries] list to properly remove countries, else Random will always pick the wrong ones. I guess you did this though.

You can't reorder the countries list using vanilla YRs. The game will crash. I know, I've tested it and it even said so in the ini comments. With NPatch, I don't know.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you willing to make (or show us) a unit list? If so, we can square this away. I can tell you how you should set up prerequisites (I could do it for you maybe next weekend). It all depends on how you want your sides' units to work.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool wrote:
Are you willing to make (or show us) a unit list?

all unit list already in ROS forum.but i wonder nobody check it. Confused

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did this for the GDI infantry

For units that appear in both barracks: Use Prerequisite= and Prerequisite Override

For units that appear in only one barracks: Use only Prerequisite=

For units that appear in both barracks but require multiple buildings: Make clones of the units and for each unit set the other house as the ForbiddenHouses=

-TERRA Uses the Barracks called "Terra Barracks"
1)Marine*
Prerequisite=Terra Barracks
PrerequisiteOverride=Legion Barracks
2)Jumpjet**
3)Engineer*
4)AT Sniper**
5)jackel Suit*
6)Commando*

-Legion of Steel Uses the Barracks called "Legion Barracks"
1)Marine*
2)Flak Soldier***
Prerequisite=Legion Barracks
3)Engineer*
4)Sniper***
Prerequisite=Lgion Barracks
5)Jackel Suit*
6)Commando*
*These can now be built with the presence of either barracks
**These require the Terra Barracks
***These Require the Legion Barracks

The above method will allow for what you want to do. If you want a unit to have more prerequisites than say, just the barracks,, then this is what you would have to do:

-Terra
1)Jackle Terra
Prerequisites=BARRACKS, GDI Radar Tower
ForbiddenHouses=Legion
2)Commando Terra
Prerequisites=BARRACKS, GDI Tech Center
ForbiddenHouses=Legion
-Legion
1)Jackle Legion
Prerequistes=BARRACKS, GDI Radar Tower
ForbiddenHouses=Terra
2)Commando Legion
Prerequisites=BARRACKS, GDI Tech Center
ForbiddenHouses=Terra

So in the above method you have a clone of each infantry. This method is used for the attack dogs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon