Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 am
All times are UTC + 0
Nothing Really
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [32 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject:  Nothing Really Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I posted this in the "YR Mod" thread, which got crapped. I kinda liked the little idea for a story I made, so I C/Ped it here to save it. That is all

set in the near future (like say 100 years) where say....global warming has caused another ice age and in the nick of time, the Mars colonies have just figured out how to make the red planet green, but it can only support the people living now living on Mars. Now in an epic struggle for survival, Earth invades the sons of war. (Mars is the Roman god of war). Choose Your side.

I was actually toying around with the idea that if earth found other life, would we invade or be invaded? Seeing as how warlike our species is, I thought we would invade first, but I wondered still how we would do so. We couldn't just launch a totally new type of war and expexct to win, there are so many worlds in are universe yet no one has even conquered one (reference to Caeser). The key to victory in all war in practise, building up you skills. Once humanity had mastered the art of planetary invasion could it set about a solar, or even galactic empire. But how would we practise? Who now can we fight, invade, and test our mettle? Below is how you make a story.

2022 Man returns to the moon
2028 United States Launches first Orbital Strike Carrier, able to launch an attack on any part of the world in less than an hour.
2034 International Lunar station is created
2039 Large scale settlement of the moon is established with the goals of research, mining, creation of artificial ecosystems, and the attempt of lunar atmosphere (one planets pollution is it's moon's treasure).
2046 first Man on Mars
2052 Mars surface station completed
2060 Large scale colonization of Mars begins based on lunar effort.
2158 Intelligent life is discovered by a satelite in a near solar system, the species appear to be technologically on par with the early iron age. They are named the Sentients. No contact is may, nor attempted...
2160 On 100th aniversity of colonization, with Earth's approval, the people of Mars declare independance and form the First Republic of Mars (FRM)
2170 Tensions Rise between the planets with the vreation of the Martian Defense Initiative.
2175 The first of several incidents when an Earth vessel is destroyed by martain security checkpoint.
2178 WAR

As Earth plundered its own resources, and polluted it's enviorment, it found it nessesary to expand it's settlements in order to continue life in the manner it was. When Earth discovered the Sentients, with a world plsuh and unharmed but pollution, it new it must have it. But alas, Earth knew it would have to take it. But where would it learn the skills nessesary to invade a planet? Suppose that by the time they reach the sentients, their technology was equal to their own? Earth must learn this new warfare but where? And as Earth Generals looked into the sky, they remembered mars. A planet settled on it's own now, no longer dependant on Earth. It would be the martians who they invade. Secretly it was arranged for the Martains to become independant, and hostile, and finally war would be made. And to they skies battle shall be brought, for this is only the beginning.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That might be a good mod, not like Serkin warrior's furry men VS firepeople vs aliens thingamascrewup.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the "2178 WAR" part. #Tongue

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yup, it's a cliff hanger

Child of the Atom
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

edit by morpher. You ruined a post by being dumb and I had to clean it up
for you because you can't write posts properly and need to learn how to use forums.

Huh? im working on a different mod

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i love the idea still

Retired YR Player
Steam Account : MAS93
Xfire: msbiohazard

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Frigging christ don't post stupid things like ?X 40000 it makes you look retarded, couldn't be making a worser impression.

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by IcySon55 on Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Child of the Atom
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow good pic but messed up the avater

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You changed your avatar AFTER I took the screenshot. T__T

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

C'mon Icy, you messed up the perspective of the screen by 1 degree!

"This topic is unclean, it must be cleansed!"

Scrin Warrior, you have made this thread way too wide. Please, try to do make replies which do not make yourself look immature, annoying, so that means: no all caps, no extended lines of a single character, in fact, strive for literary perfection. Here's a tip for you, write all your posts in word proccessor of MS Word, and use spell check. Then copy paste into the reply box. (this way you'll avoid embarrasing spelling mistakes which plague some people's posts).

QUICK EDIT: Please, delete that long row of question marks please via an edit.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah darn, what a sore loser. Nice pic btw Icy.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, cool pic, really shows the Epic fail of the post.

Anyways, Dafool. Do this idea once you've got the hang of gens/ZH modding.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, this mod will not only take place in the far future but alos made in it. I was trying to picture what the battle would be like. I pictured since using alot of troops "drop podding" onto a planets surface to secure landing zones would be nessesary, I also pictured extended use of jetpacks, rocket boosters, and others for infantry with full body armour. This sparked some curiosity beacause on all three celstrial bodies where this story takes place, the planets (+ moon) are different size and therefore have different gravitational pull. So on the moon would a jetpack "jump" go six times further than on earth? Would weapons go different distances? Would explosions be six times more powerful? How would people living on the three planets differ in size and strength? Would Earthling, coming from the largest planet, be the strongest of all? I read H.G.Wells "The first Men on the Moon" and that brought my mind to that part of the war.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well we have the most gravity so we'd be ethe most robustly built, to withstand it, astronauts lose muscle strength and bone density whilst in space, so it's safe to assume people living on the moon/mars would too and adapt to their new enviroment. So yes, earhmen would be strongest. The explosions would be "bigger" in as much as it'd throw stuff further due to the fact it has less gravity to overcome although the objects might be moved instead of damaged, imagine the MOAB effect from gens but smaller and without the tanks exploding.

Do you remember the cutscene from TS (or FS) where the guy drop-pods in behind two cyborgs then kills them with his gun? I reckon a cross between that and a spacesuit. With more weapons of course...

And don't ditch vehicles, aircraft and maybe hover vehicles would be cool, or possibly some sort of "orca". Just nnot mechs, no offence, they can be cool sometimes but there are too many vulnerable points on a mech for one to ever be useful in combat. Coupled with the fact that they're usually very tall so you can see them from far away that'd make them practically useless.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, on the moon, imagine how big a FAB's fuel can spread...if it spreads the whole battlezone...kaboom >_>

And yes, Drop Pods ftw. It was TS, mission 1 where you had to rescue Phoenix Base...

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For the opening invasion of planet; I envisioned it to be a multistepped process (Here's like, an EVA mission log):

Space Fleet approaching orbit in 30 seconds...
Space Fleet has entered Orbit, running surface scans now....
Enemy instalation detecked, evaluating threat level...
Enemy threat level HIGH, commencing stage one, protocal 534, launching orbital strike...
Secondary Surface Scans running...
Enemy threat level now LOW, commence stage two, drop pods...
Infantry encountering LIGHT resistance...
Infantry have secured a landing zone, commencing stage three, ship to surface transport...
Armour has touched down on surface, Surface command center deploying...
Contact has been made with the surface command center, mission complete.

I wonder what kind of drop pods would be most efficent for an orbital to surface landing. In TS, it looked like each guy had their own little drop plane, which could provide the most controlled landing although it would be highly expensive. Jet packs (like the zone trooper) could allow for people wearing protective suits to make a high altitude jump and land saftley, although this seems very risky.... Traditional parashoots I doubt would be able to help the person ought in an atmosphere where there is low air pressure, and the momentum a person would have falling from such a high altitude could be dangerous as the parashoot might not be able to slow the person down. However, if a plane like thing was dispatched from the Orbital Carrier, it could fly low enough for traditional paratroopers, make a drop off, and fly back up to refuel/reload. The final idea, and the one I like the best, is borrowed from G.I.Joe; a small jet pack with wings on it that the person can use to fly down, and have the additional support of the jets.

Back to gravity and the role it will play in the story (game?). Having three distinct "worlds" which come with all their own enviorments, physics(the gravity stuff), atmospheres, and other factors, will, IMO, allow for a great variaty in battles fought and will force the armies to become very adaptable. If an Earth army invades the moon, it would be like an army of Master Cheifs facing an army of grunts. The Earth Commanders could take advantage of this, but it would force the Moon commanders to have to come up with new stratagies like becoming vehicle heavy, or using alot of high powered range attacks. (in my vision of this story, the moon is more or less Earth's bitch, so they wouldn't really fight).

It's fun to create an entirely fictional universe.

Last edited by DaFool on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea theres no limits u can add or take whatever you want

Retired YR Player
Steam Account : MAS93
Xfire: msbiohazard

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Child of the Atom
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok i will keep in line but why did they edit my post

Child of the Atom
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AND if you want a drop pod like thing make it some ship fires an plane like object.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1) don't double post, just use a quick edit to make an additional comment
2) this isn't a mod, just a little pseudo story I've thought up. I'm just wondering what warfar would be like between two planets.

Child of the Atom
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ooohhhh

themanofum
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

(extreme science fiction reader/writer here)

dafool, when you consider the incredible age and size of the universe, and the tiny, tiny, tiny bit we are in it, any alien race that does exist would probably be too far away and too far ahead/behind us in technology for any type of war to occur. And even if we did meet a planet that was close enough to us spatially and technologically, they would probably be as interested in diplomacy, peace, and trade as we would be.

But assuming we're looking past all that....

everyone assumes that an alien race would be completely united under one leader. they would probably be as divided as us, if not more. meaning that there is almost no chance of a war against us, because the most powerful governments on another planet would undoubtedly be focused on uniting the weaker ones. and even if they did have enough power and will to attack us/ we had enough to attack them, the incredible distance to even alpha centauri would make any type of conflict be so long in sparking, and be so long in having the message delivered back that a war had been excited, that by the time one world knew the other was attacking, the other planet could have bombed the living crap out of it easily from space. Or coded some genetic weapon or the like to destroy every living human/main alien species.

All in all, a conflict is unlikely. A war is more unlikely. A long war is even more unlikely. A war of large, lasting proportions is nearly impossible. And the kind of thing you're proposing...has the same chance of happening as you have of getting an mcv crate for your base when your actual construction yard has been destroyed.

but! in a totally fictional existence, entertaining the idea of a star-wars type super-inter-galactic-mega-space-death match happening is a lot more logical. And despite the last 32 lines of petty, birdlike warbling, i think it would be a great idea for a small story, or whatever it is you where planning to make of it.

and if my tone of voice sounds chastening, derogatory, mean, or otherwise malformed, i apologize, i always sound like that when i start typing Embarassed

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, this IS fiction, and therefore I can create any type of world I want.

The story I did propose was that Earth only FOUND another planet with life, it does not invade it (and the life it finds is in a very early stage of civilization). War is not emminante. However, Earth being bound under a unified goverment, wishes to one day conquer this planet, however it wants to put it's weapons and stratagies of planetary invasion to test, therefore it invades Mars, which has been colonized over the course of a century. Earth invades mars, it's human vs human. The war is more of a guinie pig experiment than an actual war.

themanofum
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

would this "guinea pig experiment" actually have the slaughter of the mars colony, or only have fake weapons and takeovers (also giving mars the opportunity to practice its defense should such an attack come)

the whole concept of "conquering" a world you already own just to practice seems far fetched and foolish for a government to actually do. it seems much more realistic and logical to simply run simulations/tests on parts of earth that you can control, instead of wasting the huge amounts of money and fuel to make the trip to mars. (which would take almost 2 years to do)

if you wanted to make an earth vs. mars situation, i would much more recommend a type of thing where mars was colonized by earth, and started disliking the way they were being ruled, and thus declared themselves a separate government (it'd be like America breaking away from Britain). The earthlings would then attack the martian settlements with forces just large enough to overpower the breakaways, eventually escalating the conflict into a full-scale war. The martian population would be filled with all the smart scientists and astronauts, making it's population the better, but much smaller one in the war. You would even be able to add an interesting thingy in because they would only be able to fight a few months every two years due to mars' orbit.

it seems like I'm dictating to you what your story should be like, but there are several facts and flaws that i feel should be pointed out before you make it. (Everything else I've written is just my ideas). Anywho, good luck with the story, hope I've helped somehow.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

themanofum wrote:
everyone assumes that an alien race would be completely united under one leader. they would probably be as divided as us, if not more.

Now THAT would make an interesting game...

Your colony is in conflict with another human/alien colony.
And you have to forge diplomacies with other human and alien groups, preferably with the same political and sociological ideas...

themanofum
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-reflects on my total lack of social life-

i agree that it would form an interesting game, but chances are, the ones most like you would be the ones you would hate the most (an example is that you would both be after the exact same resources). Forming alliances with an alien nation would be impossible for the same reasons as a war would be, while forming alliances with ours would be done already if it could, and since it can't is the reason they're separate in the first place Rolling Eyes

I actually like the idea, but it seems a bit too far fetched to pull off

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can always pull off the "geneticly-engineered-dolphin-people-that-live-on-a-ocean-planet-and-used-to-be-human-but-are-currently-alien"...

Since most space colonies will get genetic engineered colonists, designed for maximal survival on that particular planet.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dude, did you actually read the timeline I made?

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes I did, but to be honest, I've read millions of stories like that. It's vanilla scifi for B-films and "near-future" FPSers.

You need to pick a cool concept and build the story around it.
Like global environmental destruction in TS, or catholic space nazi inquistors in Warhammer 40k, or information control like in 1984.

This website is great when you make scifi stories. Helped me a lot. Althrough I tend to hang out on the 1.000.000.000 AD pages, the website has extensive information on near-future scifi.

http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/index.html

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm talking to the other guy, who asks questions in which the answers can be directly found in what I actually wrote.

Such as: "Inter galatic warafre isn't possible"-it's earth invading mars"

"Why Would you conquer a planet you already own"-Mars declared independance

Just things like that. This actual story has almost nothing to do with aliens. There will be no aliens vs humans, the only thing that the aiens are invloved with are that we see them through a telescope. And it's really old, so I've pretty much forgotten about this.

themanofum
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you're right, i didn't read through a lot of what you said very carefully Surprised

makes me feel real stupid now Confused

i was trying to associate your story with more of the hardcore science fiction stuff, rather than what you were doing. I officially apologize. (there's two blunders in the first ten posts already!)

anyway, it looks like your story would work, just don't take any advice from random internet weirdos, and you should be fine Very Happy

Edit: sorry, but i can't resist.

the intergalactic warfare statement still holds true for mars, it'd be too resource-costing to launch an invasion for any benefits to be worth it.

2nd statement: you got me here. i even contradicted myself later by suggesting the storyline you already said you would make, thus making this a null point. My apologies again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [32 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon