Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:43 am
All times are UTC + 0
world in conflict
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

is it worth it?
Yep get it as soon as possible
80%
 80%  [ 12 ]
not worth your money
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject:  world in conflict
Subject description: is it worth it?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well i saw some youtube trailers of it and so far i like what i see. but i want to know if anybody has played it or whatnot so i can get a real thought of the game. i have made a poll please include your reasons for what you voted

Retired YR Player
Steam Account : MAS93
Xfire: msbiohazard

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
NOD-Kane and Brotherhood
Cyborg Firebomber

Location: In a building,creating the fench Brotherhood of NOD and recruiting...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have this game, and when you have a good computer you have great graphics, it's just beautiful! Everything is destructible, and a simple city map can be turned into a destroyed wasteland. ENJOY!

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sweet i love blowing stuff up. anyone else with thoughts on the game?

Retired YR Player

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
DeathMummy
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, it's an AMAZING GAME!!! Literally awesome!
I Got the Collectors Edition Smile. Rocks...the only down side to it that i can think of is that the nuke blast is too small Sad Although i love the game overall...

HelloDave3
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks awesome, go for it.

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Chronosheep
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This doesen't seem to be a common problem, but if you use Vista, I guess I should warn you that there's always a chance to run into the same problem as I do...
I bought the game some time ago, but I have hardly been able to play it, since it always runs out of memory after playing the game a few minutes Rolling Eyes ... I don't know if it's a memory leak or something else, but I have to play with crappy graphics on a quite high-preformance computer if I want to play it at all Mad

Anyway... from the little I've seen before the crashes, the game has very nice detail (quite high-poly models), great camera, and good unit control Smile .
The shaders are fine, but not as good as C&C 3 (at least not on my computer, even at max settings).

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wait can u play online? cause that is one thing that always ruins great games if u cant play them online

Retired YR Player

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Biohazard wrote:
wait can u play online? cause that is one thing that always ruins great games if u cant play them online

Play online... with the voiceIP! Very Happy

If only people would just stop muting everything and everyone.

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YES ONLINE PLAY WITH MICS! what does this game not have?

Retired YR Player

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Biohazard wrote:
YES ONLINE PLAY WITH MICS! what does this game not have?

Bulding buildings and good comp stomp AI.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you've played either of the Ground Control games you'll love it. Rather than emphasising resource management like C&C it focuses on tactics and the fighting itself. It's really fun to play and, while the sides are basically the same, it's still interesting. Online play is good too.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clazzy wrote:
If you've played either of the Ground Control games you'll love it. Rather than emphasising resource management like C&C it focuses on tactics and the fighting itself. It's really fun to play and, while the sides are basically the same, it's still interesting. Online play is good too.

Just yersteday installed GC back. While the audio in briefings is sometimes goes buggy - I love the story. Though, I hate what infantry is almost armored. but hey - I had a light terradyne surrounded by marine squad - he couldn't move away, but made a nice AA gun implacement.

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i've seen in the videos u get points to spend and stuff but how do u get the points?

Retired YR Player

Child of the Atom
Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like but not much because the missions dont work i got it from best buy and
all there was the strating video and it turned blanck #Mad so i when on lan lock it and played me vs the AI. The AI is very strong man, dont mess with the AI it will kick your ass.It doesnt really matter what type it plays as it with win i had a hard time beating it cause i was mess around it the AI and it kicked my ass

Jagdsherman
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have you tried the demo, i know that demos sort of spoil the final game but I think you should give the demo a shot if you can.

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jagdsherman wrote:
Have you tried the demo, i know that demos sort of spoil the final game but I think you should give the demo a shot if you can.
i would but the comp i am using i don't think can handle it.(lol it couldn't handle generals how lame) i am going to wait until i get a new computer which might happen in July on my birthday.

Retired YR Player

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also, while a large battle is happening (Online), you can join while it's going down, instead of waiting for the round to end. It's cool to suddenly see a random commander enter while the battle rages, inserting his army into the on going war.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Jagdsherman
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:
Also, while a large battle is happening (Online), you can join while it's going down, instead of waiting for the round to end. It's cool to suddenly see a random commander enter while the battle rages, inserting his army into the on going war.

Yep good point, no one is excluded. -Which is very important. In fact extremely important

Biohazard
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it can help turn the tide of a battle and help even out the teams if one is outnumbered

Retired YR Player

Jagdsherman
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey BH, I downloaded the demo again today and tried it on medium-low settings. It ran extremely smoothly despite my PC which has mediocre Specs.

2.20 GHz
1024GB of Ram (333)
Nvidia Geforce 6600 (not the GT version!)

Even though the graphics were turned to low I kept texture quality high and noticed no change in FPS and everything was still "watchable". I think the game uses an updated GCII engine which is very well optimized.

I suggest you try giving the demo a shot if you have enough confidence.

Could you post your pc's specs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [20 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum