Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:13 pm
All times are UTC + 0
New units
Moderators: The DvD
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [34 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject:  New units Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here are some pics of new units...

nodheavytanks.jpg
 Description:
The Nod heavy tanks is a basic tank that's not anywhere as powerful as GDI's newer units, but it's great in direct unit combat.
 Filesize:  121.55 KB
 Viewed:  33555 Time(s)

nodheavytanks.jpg

lasertanks.jpg
 Description:
Laser Tanks are a new unit for Nod and require a Temple to be build. They have only weak armor, but have an extremely powerful laser with the range that is only a bit less than an obelisk's range. The laser tank is very light-weight and can travel over wa
 Filesize:  203.91 KB
 Viewed:  33553 Time(s)

lasertanks.jpg

fireblasters.jpg
 Description:
The FireBlaster is a very powerful long range support unit for the Mutant Army. Mutants are somewhat specialized in Fire Weapons... so using infantry against them is mostly not such a good idea. This is also because they use tiberium in many of their weap
 Filesize:  118.79 KB
 Viewed:  33531 Time(s)

fireblasters.jpg

devilsvoices.jpg
 Description:
the Devil's Voice is a new GDI unit. A group of these can take a medium sized base on their own. They can hover and can self-heal.
 Filesize:  92.23 KB
 Viewed:  33523 Time(s)

devilsvoices.jpg

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice units only thing i can say is that nod cannot travel over water unless you say that nod captured a gdi tech center or hacked 1 of gdi databases for amphibious units

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Turalyon wrote:
Nice units only thing i can say is that nod cannot travel over water unless you say that nod captured a gdi tech center or hacked 1 of gdi databases for amphibious units

for the story line ?

btw good units thedvd Smile

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well Nod technology has been enhanced of course.... and this unit needed another advantage over nod units in order to make a difference on the battlefield. And it's also leigh-weight and some sort of hovercraft... so it's only logical that it can travel over water.

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice units but i don't liek the way then overlap eachother...

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some more units:

chemicalwarrior.jpg
 Description:
The Mutant's Chem Warrion uses a leight Tiberium Rifle to easily overwhelm infantry. The Rifle is quite effective against units as well.
 Filesize:  3.24 KB
 Viewed:  33490 Time(s)

chemicalwarrior.jpg

laserbattleplatform.jpg
 Description:
The CABAL Laser Battle Platform is an elite unit that's very strong, is hovering, and has twin long range laser cannons that can target land and air units.
 Filesize:  186.56 KB
 Viewed:  33494 Time(s)

laserbattleplatform.jpg

advancedobelisk2.jpg
 Description:
As well as terrestrial units.
 Filesize:  31.56 KB
 Viewed:  33488 Time(s)

advancedobelisk2.jpg

advancedobelisk.jpg
 Description:
The Advanced Obelisk can target air units......
 Filesize:  13.63 KB
 Viewed:  33486 Time(s)

advancedobelisk.jpg

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oops, the advanced obelisk's images+descriptions are in the wrong order....ahh well. Confused

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i see a kind of not perfect now not a big one the devils voice unit isn't kind'a gdiish if you look at other gdi units(i mean how the vxl looks like)

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Turalyon wrote:
i see a kind of not perfect now not a big one the devils voice unit isn't kind'a gdiish if you look at other gdi units(i mean how the vxl looks like)

I know, now it lookes more like a CABAL unit... however, i has to look special and not only because of it's size... Twisted Evil

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thedvd wrote:
Turalyon wrote:

I know, now it lookes more like a CABAL unit... however, i has to look special and not only because of it's size... Twisted Evil
BTW, I'm really happy with this unit... It scares the hell out of you if you see some of them coming close to your base... Wink

Mike
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well if u like it ok but to my taste there is 2 much blue

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Twisted Evil wow, very cool units.... like it

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You think you could possibly get a better screeny of the cabal laser platform.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

btw i thought about adding red lighting to Nod buildings

but its crazy, u can spot a cloaked base a mile off

it looks good but its not worth the downside IMO

P.S. Mod is looking good

The DvD

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
btw i thought about adding red lighting to Nod buildings

but its crazy, u can spot a cloaked base a mile off

it looks good but its not worth the downside IMO

P.S. Mod is looking good

yes, you've got a point there... in skirmishes, it doesn't matter much as the ai is really stupid when it comes to building a stealth generator... but in multiplay, it would indeed make too much of a difference...

The DvD

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More units...

hugeexplosion.jpg
 Description:
A Huge explosion
 Filesize:  88.48 KB
 Viewed:  33460 Time(s)

hugeexplosion.jpg

newfire.jpg
 Description:
It's kinda hard to see, but the fire looks better now...
 Filesize:  27.54 KB
 Viewed:  33446 Time(s)

newfire.jpg

orcastrike1.jpg
 Description:
A cool pic of Orca bombers bombing a base.
 Filesize:  66.02 KB
 Viewed:  33445 Time(s)

orcastrike1.jpg

advharvester.jpg
 Description:
A GDI advanced harvester is under attack of Nod scout cycles. Which are great for taking out harvies, btw
 Filesize:  72.96 KB
 Viewed:  33443 Time(s)

advharvester.jpg

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow where did u get that massive explosion ?

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah the explosion rocks Shocked

The DvD

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's simply TWLT200... a resized TWLT100, then touched up a little.

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Where'd you get all these nice voxels? I think I recognise some from sites like tiberian sun factory... maybe not...

Anyway, did you make them? If so, props man! They're very good! Even if some of em are just re-colored and re-touched... I love the metalic rendition of the Mammoth Tank, and whatever that flame tank is in the last batch of pics there...

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The flame tank is an unused vxl in TIBSUN.mix. I use several voxels from free sources like TS Factory indeed... but most are recouloured.

setstyle
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you still sticking with the name "Devil's Voice?" I first read that and got a "that's a bit cheesy" thought.

The DvD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm i know, but really it's hard to make up something better..(suggestions, anyone?)

btw all of these voxels have greatly improved already..(check out the newer treads)

setstyle
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the initial idea though (those disruptor weapons are quite recognizable).. maybe something a little less general, like Devil's Scream, Shriek, etc?

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Devil's Voice seems to be a superultramega-version of Sonic Tank.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah something like that although i doubt that would be a fitting name..Wink

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i love all the new effects etc

but i have to say, i really dont like the devils voice voxel/design

hmm,I know it aint no small deal making brand new voxels (and making them look good *bows down to FS*) but i do really think a re-design is needed
its up2 u but i hope you do make a better one, net turret and all

JippieX2k
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The big explosion is looking Pixeled maybe u can detail it some.

And the laser tank should hover instead of just rooling on water (It look weird).

All other OWNZZ

TonyCouchman
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject:  A Picture Badly Needed Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Kodiak image used is one which is already part of Tiberian Sun. Its already a building and coded, its used in one of the later missions for GDI in Tiberian Sun.

tarsus
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why these units have not got to game??

MT
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because this mod is over 2 years old, has long since been released, and will probably never be touched again!

Don't bump unless you have something useful to add!

And you are very lucky I answered instead of DCoder or Icyson55...

Brotherhood of GOD
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anybody here?

Harv
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

0_o
Quote:
you are very lucky I answered instead of DCoder or Icyson55...

Did you even read the above comments...

View user's profile Send private message Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [34 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon