Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:25 pm
All times are UTC + 0
WIP East vs Best (KW)
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject:  WIP East vs Best (KW) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I havemoved on to a new map, as the title of this thread suggests. Below is a pic of what I have done. Notice this map is huge (for my comp specs o handle in WB). It' like, and WB has crashed 3 times from lack of memory. Finally I said screw it, and I did the basic features of the map on a 100x75 sized map, and resized it so it's 600x450 (most of my other maps are around 400x400). When I resized it the map kinda came out slopy, and because of it's large size it's hard to zoome out. Just thought I'd show you half an hour's work. (I;ve just placed textures in a rough outline ofwher'es they'll be)

east vs best.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  85.2 KB
 Viewed:  12162 Time(s)

east vs best.jpg

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*bump*
heres what another sit down and work brings us:
I made the map smaller (66% of the large size) so it now alot easier to work with and probably about the correct scale. I filled in the river, and added some textures to the tib feilds and did a little touching up with hilly terrain and a handfull of trees. with sunday ahead of me, this ap should be finished shortly.

comments and suggestions?
P.S. Does anyone know how to make a waterfall?

east vs best.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  117.15 KB
 Viewed:  12142 Time(s)

east vs best.jpg

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Basically you 'fake' the waterfall by placing a water particle effect emitter (not sure which one) all over the cliff and then have some debris like rocks to hide some of it such as the end of the water plane at the top/bottom of the cliff and viola, a waterfall. Quality can be kinda iffy though.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hm, Can you give the Tiberium fields their own dead texture? to better match the Tiberium craters. Sand just doesn't match well at all.

Also, a suggestion for your next map, can you do a TS map? Like, oh...idk... Grand Canyon? Razz

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I could, although I have never worked with Tiberian Sun maps. I would need the tibsun map maker. (whats the name of it and where woulf I find it?)

Anything else I should do with the map? I'm thinking of making the valleys a lighter grass color. Other than a couple colour changes, this map is set.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm already working on TS maps... It's something DaFool and I had already agreed (didn't we, DaFool?). I haven't made much progress, blame TS and college for that, but now I'm playing KW again, and I've started on Duelling Island as a start Wink

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

alright, I'm stuck on waterfalls. I have no idea where to find "water particle effect emitter" or any emmiters for that matter. I can't find any tutorials on the web (I can for Generals, but that involves using a dam and or a water drain pipe, and I don't think those are in CnC3). I wish I could give water a slope.

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes i have a sneak way of it
,it involves alot but i can upload it for ya.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks, I really need that waterfall. The map is basially done, and all I need is to make the waterfalls.

I tested it online and it plays...unique. The start positions ended up with two people on the wrong side, and one had a drone ship and escaped, but the other (coincidentally my ally) got captured. So it started out with 2 on 3. I expanded to the upper tib feild (I was bottom east side) and captured a few tib spikes. I then built a couple of bikes and then went over to take out the west side expansion, but no one had expanded there :/. I came to find out that the three of them had a combined base in the middle plateau and had a mid sized army, which they used to assault my expansion. Me and my ally were able to successfully defend it, and then with an army of rocket troopers with black disciples, scorpions, and 3 artillery peices, I wiped out their middle expansion, but lost all those units to hammerheads. A little skirmish with my bike scouts, and then one of the enemies quit because "of the lagg". 2 on 2. I had a bunch of purifiers by now which I launched from the bottom of my valley, up theirs and through the eatern slope. I took out like 66% of their base, everybuild except one for one player, and a sizable amount of anthers, but these guys fell. One of the guys quit (surpirisling not the guy with one building). The other built an eradicator, took out my expansion, somehow go it to elite status, and the kill everything it came across. then end.

Basically the people did not utilize the same stratagies as in the original, they didn't expand in the intened places, and they didn't even try to control the choke points. The played like it was a regular KW map. Hopefully they will learn how to play strategically Wink

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool wrote:
thanks, I really need that waterfall. The map is basially done, and all I need is to make the waterfalls.

I tested it online and it plays...unique. The start positions ended up with two people on the wrong side, and one had a drone ship and escaped, but the other (coincidentally my ally) got captured. So it started out with 2 on 3. I expanded to the upper tib feild (I was bottom east side) and captured a few tib spikes. I then built a couple of bikes and then went over to take out the west side expansion, but no one had expanded there :/. I came to find out that the three of them had a combined base in the middle plateau and had a mid sized army, which they used to assault my expansion. Me and my ally were able to successfully defend it, and then with an army of rocket troopers with black disciples, scorpions, and 3 artillery peices, I wiped out their middle expansion, but lost all those units to hammerheads. A little skirmish with my bike scouts, and then one of the enemies quit because "of the lagg". 2 on 2. I had a bunch of purifiers by now which I launched from the bottom of my valley, up theirs and through the eatern slope. I took out like 66% of their base, everybuild except one for one player, and a sizable amount of anthers, but these guys fell. One of the guys quit (surpirisling not the guy with one building). The other built an eradicator, took out my expansion, somehow go it to elite status, and the kill everything it came across. then end.

Basically the people did not utilize the same stratagies as in the original, they didn't expand in the intened places, and they didn't even try to control the choke points. The played like it was a regular KW map. Hopefully they will learn how to play strategically Wink

great,
i've did somthing simular ,my base was destroyed but i managed to get a purifier with a mind squad aand train it up to elite,as then enclosed
i'd allready redirected it away from their reedemer and towards their base,wiped it out and just killed the last of his buildings,i have one outpost left.
anyway can you uploadz the map?

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

theres two maps, the 3v3 one and a smaller 1v1 one for the lols. The smaller of the two is West vs the Rest, while the larger on has it's original name. I would put it in the map archive, but until I get a waterfall, it's not finished.

east vs best.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  east vs best.zip
 Filesize:  326.99 KB
 Downloaded:  478 Time(s)

Mighty BOB!
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ugh looks like there are no actual emitters like Generals and you have to fake it with Coast_01-03 and Ripples_01-03 under Neutral>MiscNatural.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ingame shots?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As soon as it's completely finished, I'll probably never need another regular KW fan map. Very Happy I do still want the better invasion maps from TW to be ported, and maybe the expanded Temple Prime map without the campaign crap in it, with no changes besides that. But that's it. It's great.

[quote="DCoder"]There is no sanity left in this thread.[/quote]

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mighty BOB! wrote:
Ugh looks like there are no actual emitters like Generals and you have to fake it with Coast_01-03 and Ripples_01-03 under Neutral>MiscNatural.

such as the way i'm gonna do it,
i'v made some pretty good ones.
here i added some more textures that go better at the start,
put some ambiet noises such as birds and an overall clear blue zone looper,the water falls aren't the best because the only thing you can really
use is the ripple effect,but hopefully in RA3 it won't be like that.

eastvbest1v1.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  eastvbest1v1.zip
 Filesize:  182.42 KB
 Downloaded:  477 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum