Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:35 am
All times are UTC + 0
Soccer Practice Taxi
Moderators: daTS, Gangster, Team Black
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject:  Soccer Practice Taxi Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can't have suburbia without the family friendly minivan.

Features a full GPS so you can find your way to McDonalds, and a DVD layer with built-in screens in the back seat, so little Jimmy and Sarah will stay quiet in the back seat.
"Kids, don't make me come back there!"
Seats fold in providing extra space to fit all your useless crap from garage sales, shopping malls, or camping trips (but you won't even need the camping equipment, as you know you'll wind up sleeping in a hotel anyways)
All this and more for an affordable pricetag. Since we offer zero percent APR, you can keep delaying your loan payment till the interest will eventually be greater than the original cost! No money down AT ALL!

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Haha, looks better than the car itself. #Tongue

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does it have tiberium filters? If so, I'd glad to buy them #Tongue

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Too current day for TS imho.

I mean, look at C&C3. Hover cars, cars with 3 wheels. Not 2008 models. Things like this should be an oddity. Sort of how hotrods are 'classic' cars for us. One of these would be classic.

Or an APC in World War Z.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

umm, mei. Do you think they have spare stuff to build flashy new motors? Every day is a struggle to survive, I doubt people can afford to buy hover cars...

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They do in C&C3, Continuum and Tiberian Twilight...

Apex
General

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Look at TS's vehicles...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have. And they really make no sense. whatever.

The voxel is fine.

Apex
General

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TS is a dreary, dead, rundown atmosphere. The civilians have little to nothing in the way of fancy. While C&C3 is "FLASHY!" and "NEW!". TS vehicles are ment to stress that enviroment where civilians have nothing.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TS is a dreary atmosphere alright, but the concepts of Twilight really were what TS should've been. Exotic. World Of Tomorrow meets nuclear war. Some patchy good areas, some hell holes.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah we've had this discussion in Odyssey recently - there would likely be a mix of new futuristic stuff, for everyone with connections with GDI or Nod, or the people who just salvage off of the people who died from tiberium or the war.
Since the tiberium epidemic claimed so many lives, it left behind a lot of unused material up for grabs to whoever wanted it.

The Team Black Index

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
Yeah we've had this discussion in Odyssey recently - there would likely be a mix of new futuristic stuff, for everyone with connections with GDI or Nod, or the people who just salvage off of the people who died from tiberium or the war.
Since the tiberium epidemic claimed so many lives, it left behind a lot of unused material up for grabs to whoever wanted it.

Woot, Parliament Building or the White House as a Forgotten HQ #Tongue

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Woot, Parliament Building or the White House as a Forgotten HQ

Slap-bang in the middle of a blue zone? (sorry, I know it's a cnc3 thing...) I don't think so... Could be nice though, The kremlin maybe... Or the Forbidden city...

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have to partially agree with Carno. The voxel is fine and of great quality. However if people are using the argument cars in TS were poor, broken and dirty and there should not be clean futuristic cars like mentioned then why the heck is there a perfect condition 2008 model car from our universe in there? A broken, rundown 2008 model is perfectly fine and working futuristic cars can make perfect sense if your including new and functional buildings. Either way the only cars you see in 2008 that are 22 years old are either some car of special interest or one of the VERY few that have been well maintained and looked after.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I suppose, but what if they didn't stop producing them? There isn't enough money for a new design so they keep producing this one with minor changes.

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's football, not soccer.

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I second Gosho Laughing

Anyways, you got a nice voxel there. BTW I would love to see a hover car voxel made by you TB

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a nice voxel there, and what he's getting at is the vehicle of choice for soccer moms.

Even if it's based on a '08 model, the voxel, it could just be a generic minivan. Not an '08 model, but a generic 'modern' family vehicle for the times. And who cares, those cars were from C&C 3, OK XD.

The reason the cars in vanilla TS are so out-dated and out of place is because they were made for the alpha when TS took place a little closer to TD. You know how in the beta screens that had those less-detailed vehicles(they're mostly remap), the civilian vehicles were made with that lot, however someone was too lazy to update them. Oh and any of you seen some of TS's concept art? The civvie vehicles are in some of it.

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

someone who speaks the truth wrote:
It's football, not soccer.

Amen

And yeah, TS' civ vehicles are out of date. I recokn TO's ones look good so far though Wink

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bako speaks the truth.
This is supposed to be a generic minivan, even though the concept is based on the Dodge Caravan (that's the one I drive at work).
Just like the Escalade I made, which was meant to be a generic SUV. Even the TS generic "car" is modeled after the ford thunderbird, as you can see under its section header.
It's meant to be eye candy, to enhance the "civilian" aspect of XCTX, though it's ultimately up to the XCTX users if they feel it's 'proper enough' to use in their mods.

Don't worry though, Odyssey will feature special versions of all the voxels that I've made for XCTX, and give em rust and dents and stuff, to make them more authentic for TO.

The Team Black Index

Renegangsta
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i ztyping hate minivans Mad good job tho #Tongue

minivans are ugly piles...

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think you're an ugly piles.

The Team Black Index

Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, don't dis minivans, they ain't any worse than any other family vehicle. It's a pretty nice voxel too, can't wait to hijack it and stuff Smile

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

Renegangsta
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Black wrote:
I think you're an ugly piles.
u don't even no what i look like......or do you... Confused

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oi knock it off.

Just because I'm without internet doesn't meant i'm not lurking around on your back porch.

knock if off, kids.

as for the minivan... It's a minivan. Sweet stuff. Mom'll love it. It's good to see TSTCE is still going without me.

anybody got some extra cash I can use to reconnect? Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Bako'Ikaporamee
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If I did I would.

Oh, fuggerbuggerrit!

omnipotent highness krlll
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The first tiberium war began in 1995 and the world had been going to hell ever since. I think that hot sports cars with hover drives weren't on the minds of people that were going to die. The only reason I see those kinds of cars in c&c3 is because people in the "blue zones" have gotten away from that way of life.

Nice voxel TB, I really gotta get back into voxeling.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's Tetnis shot! Very Happy
How have you been, buddy?

The Team Black Index

omnipotent highness krlll
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been ok, just lots of college and work lately. I've actually been watching the forums and getting back into c&c.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [29 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon