Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 pm
All times are UTC + 0
KW Two Peaks (2)
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject:  KW Two Peaks (2) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The map of the day. I tried to make it raining but all it does (on my comp which is at low settings...) is lighting occassionally. Well alteast it's a nice ffect.

2peaks2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  14.65 KB
 Viewed:  7003 Time(s)

2peaks2.jpg

2peaks1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  86.55 KB
 Viewed:  7003 Time(s)

2peaks1.jpg

2 peaks.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  2 peaks.zip
 Filesize:  374.7 KB
 Downloaded:  635 Time(s)

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, the map is really messed up. I usually play with low settings, but people started btihcing who using it with high settings because of "black shit all over the map". Well I turned my resolution down and my settings up and they were right. It seems the "rainy" wetaher option under map settings preiduces this. Anyone wanna explain how to fix it? (besides just not using it)

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool wrote:
ok, the map is really messed up. I usually play with low settings, but people started btihcing who using it with high settings because of "black shit all over the map". Well I turned my resolution down and my settings up and they were right. It seems the "rainy" wetaher option under map settings preiduces this. Anyone wanna explain how to fix it? (besides just not using it)

Yes you need a macro texture for it,
it just gives a different feel to the map no rain
wether don't work you'd have to start on a Ea map to get this effect,
all it does it leave puddles on the floor and a small reflection on the ground like a mirror(from the rain),

As far as I know atm you need SDK to apply it.
use the map from the scrin campain from TW as a template,
and take its lighting effects on the scripts(change if needed),
but that the only way I think it can be done.
the map is the one with the scrin commando and you need to mind control your way through it. one of the germany ones.
or you could just not use it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon