Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:12 am
All times are UTC + 0
C&C Tiberian Dawn Redux
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [64 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject:  C&C Tiberian Dawn Redux
Subject description: If you didn't like The First Tiberian War, there is a new deal for TD on Zero Hour!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Few days ago I've got an email from sgtmyers88 about the release of his mod. And, it is a quite interesting one.

He has recently released C&C Tiberian Dawn Redux, which is a total conversion that brings the GDI and Nod from Tiberian Dawn into Generals: Zero Hour. Ok, I know what some of you may think: "Hey, I've seen it before!". Yes, the purpose is the same, but the result is a bit different.

This version of the mod includes GDI and Nod original units, the original scores and... what TFTW did not have: the 6 first missions for GDI and Nod totally recreated with FMVs included! Awesome, isn't it? For the curious people, this mod also has a dozer like unit to build the structures and harvester does collect tiberium. What I don't know is if the tiberium spreads.

Here's some screenshots. Click to enlarge them:

And you can download it HERE. C&C TD Redux has forum at CnC Communications Center forums. Enjoy it!

Gun Ship
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder what the quality of the FMVs will be like?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why does the flame tank look so much different to the original? Neutral

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another half-assed TD hack with dozers. Great.

People can't come up with their own ideas rather than remaking C&C95?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Says the one who's remaking RA/RA2 #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol, I'm so glad I didn't say what carno said or I would look ridiculous now!
Laughing

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I actually am not. I was trying for something new, but it really is a waste of my time. So I don't bother with it anymore.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is horrible... they took all buildings straight out of Renegade, never cared to implement any kind of actual MCV build style, and the C&C1 mission remakes for Generals were posted on the Den a LONG time ago.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Um. None of those look like Ren buildings tbh. They just look like pretentious shit.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bah, play TFTW, ROTD or hell... maybe?... C&C TD???

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guys, I'd honestly appreciate if people start making their opinions more constructive, instead of simply saying that this is a pile of shit. The mod is new and it has a lot to be done to be improved. Thanks in advance.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the GDI sde(bottom?)bar,although maybe solid colours would look better than the grey static.

I was working on somthing similair (DaFool's Rules) where I added renegade stuff to the zero hour stuff, but I only did that as my first mod to teach myself how to mod ZH. I don't think I will actually finish it, as I am much to addicted to KW at the moment. I kinda want to do either a doom mod or a civilization mod..... but I can't 3d model on gmax for my life. I am somewhat decent on Anim8or, but that works screwy on Vista, so for now I make maps.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those humvees and APCs look pretty close to those in the FMVs...I might DL this once I clear some space. Maybe then I'll have something positive to say about this mod. Looks promising.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh come on, Banshee. Any fool can take some public assets or Renegade models and squeeze them into Zero Hour. Don't tell me this deserves credit. Rolling Eyes

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Destiny wrote:
Those humvees and APCs look pretty close to those in the FMVs...

The Humvee is the normal CnC Generals USA Humvee, just with a recoloured skin Rolling Eyes

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Guys, I'd honestly appreciate if people start making their opinions more constructive, instead of simply saying that this is a pile of shit. The mod is new and it has a lot to be done to be improved. Thanks in advance.

but it IS a pile of shit
and i havent even started about it being for GENERALS.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Chiel, that doesn't matter. What I don't want is to see an uber arrogant and n00bish community here. I want this place to be nice and friendly for everyone. So, tone down your comments and if you don't have any constructive suggestion to post, don't post here.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh okay. Since we'll support any old crap. I'll brb. I'm going to put some TS voxels into RA2. I'll call it Tiberian Sun Remade!

Will you put it in the news? :3 :3 :3 :3

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ima put RA1 assets into RA2 to finish MV in that case, but then again... Nobody cares about MV anyways...

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah ztype your mod. I'm going to go jerk off at some out of date TO screens.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*sigh*
Am I the only one who thinks this is a good mod? I'm actually happy Banshee posts this, to keep the Generals community on PPM alive Smile

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TDR is a good mod but it isn't one of the best. The developement started not very long ago and has a long way to go. As far as I know sgtmyers88 didn't want it to be exactly like TD but TDish.

Last edited by Tore on Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I might download it and see if it's good... Maybe I'll mod the mod #Tongue

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Yeah ztype your mod. I'm going to go jerk off at some out of date TO screens.

Sarcasm FTW, nice one.

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Chiel, that doesn't matter. What I don't want is to see an uber arrogant and n00bish community here. I want this place to be nice and friendly for everyone. So, tone down your comments and if you don't have any constructive suggestion to post, don't post here.

you dont?
HAHAHAHA
Oh wow.
srsly bansh, you always manage to crack me up. XD

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Constructive criticism:
I don't like the MCV/dozer too much, it looks like they got a model then shrank it.
That hummer needs re-doing.
I dislike the APC's turret
The mammoth is high on size and low on detail, red-address it please.
Some of those buildings are awfully low quality.
The flame tank is the wrong stle, model it after the TD FMV ones
Please make your own maps, don't just take the public ones, any fool can do that.

That constructive enough? Or does this post get deleted?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clarkson wrote:
Oh okay. Since we'll support any old crap. I'll brb. I'm going to put some TS voxels into RA2. I'll call it Tiberian Sun Remade!

That's exactly what you did with your TS to RA(1.5) mod lol

But anyway, if I'd have to judge the mod from its looks I don't like it much since it still prettymuch looks (and feels) like Generals with some TD stuff in it. I haven't played it, so I can't judge that.
I'd personally say TFTW is better, if it wasn't for the bug which made it lag unbearably (which prettymuch took away all the fun).

I'm just going to wait until the Tiberian Dawn mod (yeah, they could've made up a better name for the mod...) for C&C3 is released; that one looks pretty promising Smile

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
I'm just going to wait until the Tiberian Dawn mod (yeah, they could've made up a better name for the mod...) for C&C3 is released; that one looks pretty promising Smile

QFT

sgtmyers88

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I am surprised at the feedback (good and bad), and I must say thank you for all that was posted! Yes, I have been experimenting with modding for quite a while now as this project was my first big mod, yes it not perfect and needs improvements, I wanted to recreate the campaigns from scratch and eventually get ALL the missions remade in 3D, plus add improvements to the units and themes from TD. Yes tiberium does grow and does damage to troops, and the AI has been carefully scripted to be made to work on all settings for both sides! I have taken flak and praise before during development of TDRv1.1, this was just a little project that I mostly done MYSELF, but I finally got help and I am now learning to model. I liked ZH RA2 and TD the most and so I chose to use ZH to make this mod. (inspired by the RA3 ZH mod) If you love or hate it thats fine, but Im still gonna do the project and CONTINUE to make it BETTER, so at least myself and the growing dev team and the fans will have something to enjoy on the aging ZH game. No matter what if C&C3 or RA3 mods are better! Thank you everyone and have a great day!

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, one thing I would suggest is to edit the terrain to look more similar to the TD terrain and also try and give a darker feeling to the overall setting.

Also, try and get the Construction Yard build system to work (instead of the dozer build system), and possibly also a sidebar instead of a bottom bar (TFTW and TS Rising already did this I believe).

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well atleast he isn't bawwing in a corner. Take our flak and do something about it. Make us shit bricks child.

Power to you. :3

Quote:

That's exactly what you did with your TS to RA(1.5) mod lol
DTA is the same thing. Different assets in a different game. :3

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It mainly is indeed, although I put a little more effort in it #Tongue Plus, putting RA2 assets in TS leaves you with a downgraded RA2, while DTA is more like an upgraded TD Smile

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that the TD Redux mod isn't bad because of the fact it took models from Renegade or used public assets, because IMO how he did it or what he did isn't important (as long as he didn't do anything illegal or whatever of course Rolling Eyes); the final result is.
And right now the final result just something which looks like C&C Generals with TD stuff in it and which doesn't feel like TD at all (and I don't think you'll deny this is also the case RA 1.5; it feels like TS with RA2 stuff in it).

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wasen't intending on cloning Red Alert 2, dispite you beleiving this. I just was sick of the Nod buildings, and I heeded your advice that the mod 'needed some placeholders' after you and crashking bitched about the Tesla Coil using the image of the Nod obelisk.

(Hardly. Its actually a faster pace and imho a lot more fun. Razz )

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clarkson wrote:
Well atleast he isn't bawwing in a corner. Take our flak and do something about it. Make us shit bricks child.

Power to you. :3

yeah, im kinda surprised about that, he has my respect for that. :p

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clarkson wrote:
Another half-assed TD hack with dozers. Great.

People can't come up with their own ideas rather than remaking C&C95?

Shut up dude this is the first version I got the second one and do you know what the conyard system is back and if you like the dozer system than you can switch back tot the dozer system! not to forget subfactions are coming!

GDI: Task Force Talon
NOD: Blackhand

I can tell you more but i'm not doing it coz we aremaking another TD hack with dozers!

_
| |
_ _| |_
| || | | |_ _
| || | | | |

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well that's good to know, however, your wasting your time by telling Carno to shut up; I don't think he's been at these forums since, well, June. BTW, BUMP!!!!!

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Dregon Wars
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this mod is for Generals ?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

facepalm.jpg
Yes, read the first post for a difference Rolling Eyes

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, where'd carno go?

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Real life caught up with him, probably. Unlike me, I actually didn't have access to the net at my new home... THEN, life caught up with me, but I took control, and now I've got the best job ever... don't mean to brag.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The real world? Bought WoW? Became a console kiddie? Got a girlfriend? Became Amish?

The possibilities of leaving PPM... are endless...

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You guys forget he's still banned from here #Tongue No RL or consoles for him IIRC Laughing

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchy, you're memorising the banlist?

Very Happy better work on MV #Tongue Just finished the Shock Trooper.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sweeeet... I made a huey like helicopter, and i saw something on Revora AG said and it made me think it might be a bad idea to have the Tank's MGs that powerful, so they're gonna have a prone damage of about 25%

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why was carno banned? Sure he's a bit too 4chan from time to time but he's an okay guy overall.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee probably got fed up with him.

sgtmyers88
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes this Mod is for C&C Generals Zero Hour. And yes this Mod has been given an overhaul with graphics and with the addition of a conyard system for all sides along with new missions and a subfaction for GDI and Nod.

Version 1.2 is scheduled to release in December 2008.

Moddb Profile:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/command-conquer-tiberian-dawn-redux

TD Redux: https://www.moddb.com/mods/command-conquer-tiberian-dawn-redux

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey HEY!!!!!

Well, progress is always good. But I just don't have the room on my hard drive to have both DOW AND ZH........

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If your after hosting go to Fallout Studios. There more directed towards mods from ZH onwards. PPM is good but it more suited to mods before ZH;)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
PPM is good but it more suited to mods before ZH;)

Shut up, man. PPM hosts any C&C mod, including for newer games. We actually want to host more mods for newer games, but it is thanks to the crap that people like you say that this task becomes harder.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!