Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:16 pm
All times are UTC + 0
My experience of S.TA.L.K.E.R
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Denmon
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject:  My experience of S.TA.L.K.E.R
Subject description: NO SPOILERS
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So I played the game stalker abit beacuse it seemed fun and popular but I'm disapointed. It was a great game in the sense of story and freedom and stuff but there were some things that were really frustrating. I mean it felt like you were thrown in to battle without any training or anything and you didn't quite know what to do untill you got to that town thing were you got your quests. The thing with the backpack and weight was also really annoying. I mean sure, your a human not a packing mule but when going into place like the red forest, I had no clue what I needed or when I could return to resupply at my cache! There was also the psi-emmision thing, I mean I had this quest where I needed to go into the courtyard of some building by Lake Yantar but there was some psi thingy that killed me every time I got near it and I had no clue how to bypass them. Some other standard gameplay issues I found was the weapons. They just felt... I don't know wierd! In a bad way I might add!

Last but not least was the fact that I felt so lost... I had no clue about this Strelok dude, what to do, how to get past all that damn psi stuff or anything! It was so annoying!

So I quit playing it. Probably gonna try to get into it soon again though so

DON'T POST ANY ztyping SPOILERS!

blubb spoiled enough with his post... Even though I'm not sure what he spoiled but he spoiled something allright! #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, this game was huge disappoinment. Weapons' and armors' durability sucks ass and some enemies are overwhelming. The game is ztyping linear and that's very annoying.

Graphics and places are very fasicinating, but I hate the psi-emitters too (the fourth psi-emitter, I think, IS IMPOSSIBLE!!) I got through the first, second and third psi-emmitter by using shitloads of bandages and medkits.

6/10

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have to help the scientists to get the psi protection, go to the science lab by Yantar to get that.

STALKER is a brilliant game provided you can cope with the freedom of living in the Zone. The best thing you can do to make STALKER a lot better is install this mod. It adds a lot removed from the game, makes the game more real in that you need sleep and includes repairs for weapons and armour.

As for your equipment carrying issues, find a couple of weapons you like and stick to them. Try and find a weapon with a good scope and one with good close-range spray. Get loads of ammo and loads of medkits, don't bother with grenades/rockets and sell all things you don't need.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, why I didn't notice that earlier!? W/e, that game is long gone, won't install it again... >_>

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum