Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:46 am
All times are UTC + 0
Unit Preview
Moderators: Holy_Master
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3 [103 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
ZoidZilla
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Three hours is a good time for such a model. I also often design and model at once if I have no drawn concept.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy_Master wrote:
secret wrote:
Hm,I think that for this model I'd need 1 hour only Neutral

The design ain't that hard Neutral

The UV unwrap is a problem,as I didn't managed yet to do this.

because i design it while modeling that why i took 3 hour to do.

To be honest,I usually do the same thing,but I have an idea before.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's how I voxel, but voxeling is easier because it's cubes not polies and primitives and skins.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah,but its bad quality #Tongue

3Ds usually have the best results.But still:I prefer 2D.Its much better.

3D to 2D makes everything easier for me.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah... voxels are a grey area #Tongue But Holy master's 3d is really good.

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice motorbike! Razz

When I start creating a model I end with high-poly overdetailed unit (like my soviet heavy apc or Raser Truck) which voxel isn't looking so good in-game ('You have screwed normals!', black lines) like my week (20 hours of pure work) endurance. #Tongue So I will let this effort on buildings and infantry models and units will be voxels from the beginning (I would need an hour to do such bike from a concept in voxel editor). If you use proper autonormals on a filled voxel, it will look better in-game than voxel from model.

But still THE BEST LOOKING ARE SHP's FROM MODELS. And Holy_Master is real master on this. Wink The only problem are slopes...

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

but my real problem is aircraft unit , it cant be perfect on shp form at all. those are only voxel unit in ROS. because that make me dont want to put too much aircraft unit in my mod. = =

NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy_Master wrote:
but my real problem is aircraft unit , it cant be perfect on shp form at all. those are only voxel unit in ROS. because that make me dont want to put too much aircraft unit in my mod. = =

ask mig eater for a aircraft, his voxels looks like SHP

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can't force Mig to do it.Just don't.

I'd feel kinda bad if somebody would say I have to work for an mod -_-

I simply am an free spirit,as mig,you and all people,and I don't think we would want to do that.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i dont want to ask help from people to do what i can do by my self.

but ok i still want mapper the most.

and who interest to be voice actor? if no body do this i'll give all unit with TS sound.

NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

secret wrote:

I simply am an free spirit,as mig,you and all people,and I don't think we would want to do that.

did I say force? Mad

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no,just don't say that you should contact X...

Its simply like suggesting somebody to nag somebody to make something.

NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how about STFU? Mind your own f*ckin business

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No need to fight people. That's what Skirmish is for.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NewGuy,I don't want to have ANY problems with you,I was just wanting to suggest to not do something,not to force you.No bad intentions at all.

@TRITW:good quote xD

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

Location: laptop? ... otherwise the Czech Republic -> south Moravia Posts: long int Posts;

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
No need to fight people. That's what Skirmish is for.

Laughing

I think Holy_Master has enough experience to create nice plane. Wink
But on the other hand Carryal could be SHP, it has 4 rotors, so it should be stable even when it falls to the ground. Idea

I remember helicopter crash our 2 cosmonauts (astronaut and cosmonaut) - one American immigrant Eugen Cernanhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_Cernan (although lives in USA, he is proud on his ancestry, he brought Czechoslovakian flag on his 2 flies to the Moon) and
the first Czechoslovakian cosmonaut and today's Euro-M.P. (communist) Vladimír Remek http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladim%C3%ADr_Remek: Army helicopter Mi-8S http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mil_Mi-8 flew with them to village where Cernan's grandfather came from, but before they got there helicopter suddenly crashed. The rotor worked as fall-breaker, so they survived.

Something sinister happened (in 1980's?) in the North Sea when helicopter transported workers like usually to oil platform. Most of them survived the crash because rotor worked as fall-breaker.

Medium and large helicopters are constructed so the rotor should work as fall-breaker when heli falls.

Don't blame the others if you haven't checked your own (in)ability in the first case.

ZoidZilla
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is it even possible to use an SHP for a flying unit in RA2? In TS this would be a big no-no.

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope, it has to be a voxel IIRC

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy_Master wrote:
i dont want to ask help from people to do what i can do by my self.

but ok i still want mapper the most.

and who interest to be voice actor? if no body do this i'll give all unit with TS sound.

Well,as I said already.I can do the job.

TksSdo
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

secret wrote:

Commander, count with me; i can put my voice for a unit.

Saludos
C'ya

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TksSdo wrote:
secret wrote:

Commander, count with me; i can put my voice for a unit.

Saludos
C'ya

ok then thank you.

i'll making on sound list and open topic and put there. if anyone interesing to be voice actor.

NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy_Master wrote:
30min? LOL...
maybe only God Hand can do that.

3 hour for model 3 hour for texture.

about that, Mr.Graffiti made a whole side in 8 hours Smile

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mr. Grafitti is pretty dead,tought,I bet he allready got some textures and experimented a bit,so we can't guarantee this,as he is pretty dead.

Plus,he is using 3dsmax,grafitti was using Cinema 4D.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New infantry Everyone. Very Happy

i just retexture C&c3 infantry and render it with camera setting from raminator infantry pack.

i just finish only 3 unit that's
- Marine
- Engineer
- Commando

only 3 unit and 4 infantry gdi faction [plus sub faction ] will complete.

!DarkRose
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome! they look great.!

Silly taco fumbling unicorns nocturnally launch basketballs, Hell March.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great work!

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent.

New SHP's are always nice to see...
Everyone always makes new tanks :/

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice! Razz

It reminds me how long it was when I was making my commando shp using CnC3 commando model (it's still somewhere in SHPs here on ppmsite).

Last edited by partyzanPaulZy on Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm... I just thought of somethiung that is involving the cells units travel in...

Seeing how the cells are relatively small, in comparison to units like the Hyperion here... I don't think it'll look good when you have units that are HUGE, as in looking like they take a few cells, basically showing half of each other due to another unit blocking it... Since it's SHPs, wouldn't that be a problem? Also since it wouldn't look that good when it does happen? If it isn't, tell me how you got them all to be next to each other without blocking the other's image partially. And don't tlel me you manually placed them in spots to look like they don't go over each other lol. Because that's what I am actually expecting of what you did for the screenies.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent work. You've just reminded that I need to work on TI's infantry. #Tongue

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You've reminded me that I have to work out with rami's infantry package. #Tongue

They look great,taking in consideration that barely few people work with infantry.

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that´s some pretty titty pwnflakes #Tongue

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy_Master wrote:
i just retexture C&c3 infantry and render it with camera setting from raminator infantry pack.

Do you still have the untouched models in 3ds format?

I might find a use of those,as I don't own TW/KW.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EA have release their C&c3 model pack on their website [in max format] . maybe you can use it. [i use max 9 and i can open it ].

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

max 7 works too

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I use max 6,so... #Tongue

And were did you see it?I can't open up EA's site for the moment,I wonder out whats the problem :S

Maybe downloads will work.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok update some Nod side i have 3 infantry unit for them too.

- Blackguard
- Saboteur [aka Nod Engineer]
- Rocket Soldier

i have problem everytime when i try to open c&c3 model in 3ds format, look like it mess is missing and model look broke. i dont know to solve this problem. Sad

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy_Master wrote:

i have problem everytime when i try to open c&c3 model in 3ds format, look like it mess is missing and model look broke. i dont know to solve this problem. Sad

Do you mean the file is a *.3ds file?
These files are totaly useless since the bones are not included, thus it turns into a mess. There is no way to fix it.....

The only way to get working CnC3 infantry models is using the models EA released. However, they only contani some of the TW models and none of the KW models...

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stygs wrote:
Holy_Master wrote:

Do you mean the file is a *.3ds file?
These files are totaly useless since the bones are not included, thus it turns into a mess. There is no way to fix it.....

The only way to get working CnC3 infantry models is using the models EA released. However, they only contani some of the TW models and none of the KW models...

ahh thank about info. too bad i want Confessor model the most. when EA gave those model only this unit dont have animation come with. = ="

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They did Wink

The Confessor uses the same animations as the Black Hand soldiers Wink
(however, I suggest making a new firing animation, the old one didnt fit for a gun)

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thank you Stygs that's very useful,i'll try it.

and now i'll go back to do my job and maybe i will not update for 1-2 week.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those look nice. The only problem I see is the bright head bulb of the engineer...I mean, saboteur.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NoOOO don't unscrew my he-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh *gurgle*

NewGuy
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice infantry there. Your terrain is kinda dark.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its perfect.It doesn't need anything,at least in my opinion.

Fits the idea of apocaliptical place #Tongue

partyzanPaulZy
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I almost hear something like: "My frags, my frags!" or "My cookies!". Very Happy

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You basically ignored the point I brought up about the art, Holy_Master. =\

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shakar wrote:
You basically ignored the point I brought up about the art, Holy_Master. =\

sorry i just dont know word to answer. but ok i'll try

about vehicle size it'll be abit problem but personaly i can accept that. not much time you group it with another unit because most of them is area attack. and you get it only every 10min.

hyperbug.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  14.17 KB
 Viewed:  22024 Time(s)

hyperbug.PNG

Chronojam
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You do such great work and so fast, too. Sure it's scaled down in-game but the preview models are of great quality for something you can start and do in just a fourth of a day.

truefeel
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Huh ? has the Hyperion multiple turrets or is it just that other units are inside he Hyperion image ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3 [103 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon