Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:04 pm
All times are UTC + 0
The Matrix Online
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Tapek

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:55 pm    Post subject:  The Matrix Online Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know, I am soooooo getting that game. I don't care if it lags on a 56k or how much is charged a month, that's what parents credit cards are for Wink

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks like a cool game except i'm badly out of money

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm signed up on the mailing list, the only way I am NOT going to be a beta tester for that game is if I get hit by a plague or something along similar lines.

Tapek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...or if you don't get in.

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, ok ok tapek way to put a dampner on things Wink

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just signed up for the newsletter to although if I do get into beta testing my comp prolly can't play it :p

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, the way i see it i'm part of a shrinking minority with my 56k and all, and as the faq clearly states the game will run on a 56k then they need SOMEONE to test that boast out Wink

Techno
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OOO i see why u guys like ts engine now. [poorness] now i get it! get with the times hippies.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What the hell are you talking about. if it has something to do with slow internet conections, your wrong, from what I've seen many of us have cable, or DSL or higher.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Techno
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lolism...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm... Matrix Online looks totally badass, but I'm not sure how they'll make it work. You'll definately need to see the third movie before you play it, though (Matrix Online takes place after the third movie). Check out the GameSpy E3 coverage of it, there's some pretty sweet information there.

www.gamespy.com/e32003

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The only thing bad about it could possibly be the fight scenes as you can't make it realtime beat-em-up style because that wouldn't work over the net (you would really feel the slightest lag in a game like that) so I want to know how they're going to do those and how they're going to implement bullet-time for more than one person at a time.

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think bullet time would prolly only be percieved by the person being shot at. Eg. Someone shoots at you and everything slows down for you, mean while someone wathcing may see you move extremely fast. Of course this brings around the problem of you standing there for a few seconds while your still dodging or something.

All hail me

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, the way combat works is you select a combination of moves from a menu, and the next time you get into a fight, you execute them.

One Of A Kind
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Although he wouldn't say exactly how much space The City covers, he used the tiles on the wall to illustrate. Basically, if Sydney, Autralia (where the movie was filmed) was one square inch in size, The City in Matrix Online is at least a square foot of territory.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

UmmErrKane
Megalomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, 12 times larger than sydney... That's pretty FRIKIN' MASSIVE!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum