Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:11 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Orca Pad
Moderators: Tiberian Odyssey Active Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [47 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject:  Orca Pad
Subject description: Produces Aircraft
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orca Pad

Structure Stats
Strength: Low - Medium
Power: -15
Requires: Radar

Description:
The Orca Pad is the mainstay and backbone of GDI's Air Force. This structure does not need a control tower as all air traffic control is done at the Communications Center. It features an automated beacon system for night landings, and an automated refuel and refit system to quickly get combat units back in the air.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Sleepwalker
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's cute #Tongue

GameMaster0000
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it is little lack in detail I should has some control tower on it.

Tiberian Sun : True Power - Reality Power Of 5 Factions...

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you may want to lighten the GDI logo up a bit.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's way too flat (Yes, I know things land on it...), and I agree that the logo is too dark.

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This building is supposed to be built a lot, you may eventually end up with 5 or 15 of these, they don't all need a control tower, the GDI radar is their control tower. And about it being flat, we're not going to make it all bumpy, big craft need to land on this thing.

The Logo brightness argument is valid though, dunno really.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
It's way too flat (Yes, I know things land on it...), and I agree that the logo is too dark.

Too flat? I don't see anything wrong with it.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it is OK but it needs the little something that makes it look cool tough.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

areaSZ
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

#Tongue like a wall type constructing way? #Tongue

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:
correct
4 spotlights on the edges pointing in the sky using alphalights could make this outstanding and special Wink

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

areaSZ
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well it is just a kidding , but many people needs explain, so i will i meant that building can be built in a row . to lined like a wall

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe toss in a crate or two. #Tongue

Ah, yes. Brighten the logo, too.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
blubb wrote:
correct
4 spotlights on the edges pointing in the sky using alphalights could make this outstanding and special Wink

And when people tend to build 10+ aircrafts with each one having its own helipad...gosh.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why not. they don't have to be very big. just 2-5 pixel wide at the bottom and about 10 pixel in the air.
They also don't have to be very bright. Just some decent lighting.

Public SHPs

Tools

ORCACommander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

very simple almost plain

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not trying to excuse the blandness of the building, but people, would you really like to see crates and control towers and some this and more pipes and some that, this isn't a warfactory, this is something that's going to be built in rows, so I'll rephrase what I said before:

Intended blandness is relative to the estimated build-frequency of a building.

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if a tower is so badly wanted - how about making a seperate building? A Tower with a base of 2x2 or 3x3, resembling a tower with some kind of spinning dish on its top and som crates around? It could reveal hidden airunits or something like that and enable the helipad-buildingoption. It would be the prequerisite thing to airborne warfare in the match.

yup, neptune size!

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i like the idea of alpha lights, probably 1 small light pointing to the sky is enough, however i agree with titan there too.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

ChielScape
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Titan Mk II wrote:
I'm not trying to excuse the blandness of the building, but people, would you really like to see crates and control towers and some this and more pipes and some that, this isn't a warfactory, this is something that's going to be built in rows, so I'll rephrase what I said before:

id have to disagree, i personally liek to see as much detail as possible, preferrably so much my eyes go *SHREEEEEEE-BANG*

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Audiopulse wrote:
if a tower is so badly wanted - how about making a seperate building? A Tower with a base of 2x2 or 3x3, resembling a tower with some kind of spinning dish on its top and som crates around? It could reveal hidden airunits or something like that and enable the helipad-buildingoption. It would be the prequerisite thing to airborne warfare in the match.

that's a great idea imo. you could give this an upgrade slot too, for the droppod upgrade or airstrike upgrade abusing the hunterseeker logic.
maybe also add a dummy weapon that uses the klax1 sound, so the player is warned if enemy air units are in range.

Public SHPs

Tools

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good idea, this building it exists, it's called the G.D.I radar Smile. It has a spinning dish and enables air warfare just like requested!

... on a side note the radar could be given a weapon to warn the player of incoming air units (infact we already have this weapon, just uncoded, using an E.V.A voice) however, Nod has a weaker airforce whilst G.D.I has a very strong airforce, it makes more sense for Nod to be warned of incoming air strikes.

Julius Clonkus
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then the "weapon" will need a really big range, as aircraft is usually pretty fast and the siren sounds when the bombs are already falling.
I think around 1,25 times the range of the old EMP cannon would fit well, as it only gives a sound and as such, doesn't help if the player's not watching his/her base.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Updated.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The colours look a little washed out. Needs more contrast.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Every GDI building in TO has the same contrast.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then rerender them all. #Tongue

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Even normal TS buildings has darker contrast.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Erm darker contrast is a good thing? Means more profound colours, whereas I think this looks too de-saturated.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree with Bolt here. The pavement below the helipad needs to stand out from the pad a little more

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im fine with it...

yup, neptune size!

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks... lifeless... no animation.... no nothing...

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

you couldn't like mirror it and then make each building come with two pads, could you? Or is that only feasible in RA2?...

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dunno. IIRC, only one aircraft can land per helipad in TS. Maybe some Hyper's uberduber hacking would do the job.

And who's the one making this mod? Fans or the TO staff?

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It could totally use a control tower...

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
And who's the one making this mod? Fans or the TO staff?

Oh yeah, I know that feeling...

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
Alex06 wrote:
It could totally use a control tower...

Way ahead of you!

I meant on the building, so that it actually looks better...Now it just looks boring...

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex06 wrote:
I meant on the building, so that it actually looks better...Now it just looks boring...

Titan wrote:

still waaay ahead of you...

There wont be something like a tower on the helipads. Period. Im sorry but theyd look good on the first pad ... not on the tenth one. Believe me.

yup, neptune size!

Lt Albrecht
Defense Minister

Location: Hampshire, England. Creating RA2: Moscow's vengeance

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how about needing a tower to build pads? a cheap-ish building with a spotlight and siren(for incoming enemy aircraft)? Just for the common sense and coolness...

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Radar gets that job, sorry Albrecht.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wth, people are repeating theirselves?

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Wth, people are repeating theirselves?

just what I thougt. Guess they remember what Ive suggested about the tower back then without realising it.

Radar will get that job tho, as it has been said.

yup, neptune size!

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This should at least have one or two blinking lights to show that it just isn't abandoned and lifeless like the TS Civie structures.

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It has - 2 lights circle the grey Area.

yup, neptune size!

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, then I think it should be good enough, you don't want a structure you build alot to be too amazing.

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do I smell sarcasm here?

yup, neptune size!

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks a bit neutral,needs more style.

Add windows in the bottom,doors,that way it will be more visible that there is something underground.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [47 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon