Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:33 am
All times are UTC + 0
Making SHP Buildings/units from 3d models
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject:  Making SHP Buildings/units from 3d models
Subject description: tedious, but effective.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Difficulty: Easy

to convert 3d models to SHPs, you can try the most basic albeit tedious method that I use:

1.) open your file.

2.) rotate, tilt and position the camera in such a way that would approximate the isometric view of TS or RA2. Or better yet, if your 3d program has an Isometric view, then activate it.

3.) on your keyboard is a 'print screen' key. press that key.

4.) open MS Paint. Press ctrl + v to paste the captured screen.

5.) obtain the picture of the building/unit by using the select tool (the rectangular box with dotted lines for its outline).

6.) :optional: edit it in Photoshop to make it more realistic.

7.) put it in SHP Builder (can be downloaded from this site), and make corresponding damaged frames. for units, you'll need to paste each picture of the said unit in it's corresponding frame. Save the file.

8.) using XCC editor, open or create an ecacheXX.mix file (where XX is any number from 03 to 99), drag and drop your saved SHP file to the XCC editor window. Save the mix file.

9.) code it accordingly in art.ini and rules.ini. Make sure to use the EXACT name of the saved file (without the file extension of course).

10.) play the game and see if it's correctly coded.

I've made so many buildings and units this way, and I still use this method. I don't have access to more advanced 3d programs other than 3d canvas and Blender, but so far it's worked for me.

Now I know this might be TL;DR for most and that there's an easier method that other modders use, but if you're short on applications, you can certainly use this method right here.  Smile

Key Words: #Tutorials #SHPs #Graphics #Media #TiberianSun #Firestorm #RedAlert2 #YurisRevenge #3DsMax #XCCUtilities #Photoshop #OSSHPBuilder 

GameMaster0000
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It think this way is easier

1.Set camera to "Orthographic" and set it as isometric view of TS/RA2 view.
2.Render all frames to .PNG
3.Make it as SHP by SHP builder.

Tiberian Sun : True Power - Reality Power Of 5 Factions...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon