Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:38 pm
All times are UTC + 0
How do you prefer the forums?
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

How do you prefer the forums?
Compressed
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Mixed
73%
 73%  [ 14 ]
Uncompressed
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 19

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:57 am    Post subject:  How do you prefer the forums? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The poll is quite simple. As you may know, we are using sub categories since may 2003. Sub-categories compresses the forums by just showing a whole group of forums ocupying the space of one. When you click in the category, you see the forums that are inside it, their name, description, if they have new messages, etc. When it's uncompressed, the forum is directly showed in the index of the forums and you can already see the description, name, if it has new messages or not, etc... When you have too much uncompressed forums, you will have to use a lot your scrollbar to browse them, but in the compressed ones, you need to wait them to load. Then, here's today's poll. How do you prefer the forums?

1) Compressed? (more organized and less cluttered like it was yesterday)
2) Mixed? (more important ones uncompressed while less important ones compressed like it is now)
3) Uncompressed? (fast, but cluttered)

Give your opinion, participate and your answer may help PPM to be a better place Wink.

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you Tapek and Banshee for making it less compressed! Very Happy

I agree it is a little cluttered, but I prefer speed over clutter.

I think you should consider uncompressing the PPM Site Discussion Area, too.

Other than that I like it the way it is now. Thanks again! Smile

And thank you Banshee for telling me that smart dark loads faster, I have noticed a big difference already. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're welcome Smile.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well it's more than I was asking for, It looks good.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Tapek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the mixed. It is easier to see this way, and not as cluttered as the fully expanded way.

Quote:
Thank you Tapek and Banshee for making it less compressed!

no problem Wink

kopaka649
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mixed for sure

Tapek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

smartDark loads faster for you Kravvitz? Ever since I installed that damn style it's been slow as hell for me. Weird...

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tapek wrote:
smartDark loads faster for you Kravvitz? Ever since I installed that damn style it's been slow as hell for me. Weird...

that is weird

the banner for the PPM theme was one of the two things that caused PPM to load slower than other forums....smart dark has a much smaller banner.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
tecnofreak
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mixed i say, like most forums that is a good idea to use.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok now it's perfect ! try to don't change it Smile [/quote]

devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fine as it is (mixed)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon